E.L.F. Studio Stipple

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/12/2012 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice brush, until you find out that other brushes are way better. I mean ok, for that price (3$) it's really not that big of a deal, but it's not as good as a lot of people are saying. For my taste it's not dense enough and sucks up quite a lot of product. If you don't wash your brushes too often, you can swipe your face with the leftovers (I have only used it with foundation though, it probably does a good job with cream blush). It is soft though and still does a relatively good job at creating a nice finish. But you'll need to work in the product REALLY well and take your time on this. So it's definetely not a brush to use in a hurry. But as I said, it does a relatively decent job. But I would not recommend it.

on 10/29/2012 12:52:00 AM

This brush isn't god for much. I do better stippling my foundation with my fingers.

on 10/28/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this to apply my pigmented blushes and I love it! It helps me apply my blushes in moderation because sometimes I can overdo myself and apply too much blush. The only thing I don't like is that the handle is kinda long but I will still repurchase

on 10/7/2012 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Not dense enough. Good for blush or liquid highlighter, but too flimsy for foundation etc.

I just got my studio stipple brush today after eyeing up a few different brands and deciding to go for the E.L.F one, I must say I was excited to use it but after reading some negative reviews I was a bit iffy on how it would work, I can now safely say it is brilliant! I haven't used any other stippling brushes as I have only just started studying for my make-up artistry qualification but I have used many other methods of applying foundation, including an airbrush system and in my opinion this stippling brush has given me a much better finish! I was only intending on doing light coverage but once you see how nice the finish is, you kinda wanna take it all the way! I love love love this brush and I can't wait to use it on my models, I think that considering its price you should go for it, I mean if you don't use it with a liquid foundation like I did (maybelline dream satin liquid, light porcelain my perfect shade!) then I'm sure you could find another use for it as it can be used with dry or wet products, all in all I say give it a chance!

on 8/24/2012 5:38:00 AM

I was excited to get a stipple brush. But the brush is not dense enough and I don't use it as much except for cream blush. But even then, its totally wasted.

on 8/16/2012 10:27:00 AM

Really? Really? Really?!?! With all these great reviews you'd think this was ACTUALLY a dupe for a Mac 187, it's not, it's not even close!
The picture shown above looks so much more abundant hair-wise than what it actually is. It's sparse, and soaks up all liquid foundation, instead of putting it on your face. If you use expensive foundation, this is a huge con.
But wait ladies, I've found some good uses for this. If you do like to stipple on your foundation, I find taking a hair band (clean n new of course) and wrapping it around the base of this to have a little more control over the brush, and add some density. But id rather spend more money for a better brush when using expensive foundations to stipple on.
This is also good to use for blushes or bronzers that are too pigmented, since it lacks density, it doesn't pick up a lot of color. I don't wear liquid foundation regularly, but I do use this for my highly pigmented blushes to save myself from a clown face. I will definitely not repurchase this. Next time I'll be going for the Sonia kashuk I think.

on 8/15/2012 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

its not the best brush of elf because its not dense. but i use it for cream and powder blush, and its good for that as your blush is very pigmented and it applies it neutrally and gradually.

on 6/29/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this brush so much. I use it for applying my blush and it's just the best thing ever. Price is awesome too.

on 6/18/2012 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A disappointment, to be honest, but it's probably because I set my standards too high. It's a nice brush in its own merits, but it's not nearly as dense or as big as a SpaSource (SpaResource?) stippling brush I got at Wal-Mart. Doesn't shed and does its job well, but it falls short when compared to other brushes. Its lack of density makes it harder to apply foundation with, but if you use it for blush, then it works really well. It also hurts my face a bit when I use a stippling motion rather than a buffing motion.