August 30, 2014 | 1698 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush so much. I use it for applying my blush and it's just the best thing ever. Price is awesome too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

A disappointment, to be honest, but it's probably because I set my standards too high. It's a nice brush in its own merits, but it's not nearly as dense or as big as a SpaSource (SpaResource?) stippling brush I got at Wal-Mart. Doesn't shed and does its job well, but it falls short when compared to other brushes. Its lack of density makes it harder to apply foundation with, but if you use it for blush, then it works really well. It also hurts my face a bit when I use a stippling motion rather than a buffing motion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush is perfect for applying blush—both the highly-pigmented and the sheer ones just look gorgeous! In fact, I really haven't seen my blush look so nice. It looks so much more natural than with my other blush brushes. It is absolutely beautiful.

I also have the MAC 187 (which I feel does a good job with liquid foundation) but the bristles are more dense on the MAC. I had always used fluffy brushes which work OK, but after trying this little e.l.f. gem, it's now my go-to. The bristles are a little more sparse than the 187 (but not too sparse) which makes them flex just enough for blush and put the most lovely silky-looking strokes that just seem to automatically become blended well. I really was quite blown away at how my face looked with this. Seriously.

I had to order these directly from e.l.f. as my Target does not carry them. Since I've been introduced to e.l.f, I've bought quite a few of their brushes (powder, complexion, kabuki, and some various eye) to add to my "had-to-try" brush collection, and the ones I bought have not shed at all. The e.l.f.'s wash and dry really well, too, quicker than most. I'm kind of thinking also that the taklon is maybe better for my sensitive skin than my older animal hair ones, so I'm enjoying that switch as well. I also have a few EcoTools but was not too impressed with how my blush looked with any of those that would be applicable for blush. Just didn't look right, IMO. The only one closest to looking pretty good was my SK black handle blush brush which has the kind of head that I've always loved - fluffy and not tight. However, this new E.L.F. has taken over.

I don't know that this would be the same stippling application of liquid since it is not dense and firm as the MAC, but I can't really say because I haven't tried it yet. But from what I see, it is definitely beautiful results for blush and I would say for highlighter and perhaps bronzer too. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by arabellaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually prefer using this brush with powder rather than anything liquid. I find that it distributes powder really well on my face and I love how soft it is. It doesn't really shed and takes the product really evenly. Really happy with the quality of this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is perfect for applying both highly pigmented blushes (like my Illamasqua "Panic" which is very cherry red), and those blushes that are light and sheer (like Benefit "Coralista"). It applies a very small amount of product that is easily blended out. My blush looks more natural and bIended into my skin when I use this instead of a typical blush brush. It doesn't feel particularly stiff or dense so I haven't tried it with foundation. I have experienced almost no shedding (though be advised that the E.L.F brushes all have slight variances-some will shed like crazy and some none at all). $3 USD, can't beat the price! I plan on picking up more of these for backups.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by armbarz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Applies WAY too much or too little foundation, never in between. I thought I hated this brush until I tried it for special effects makeup, and it makes the most perfect blood splatters. I like it for creme blushes as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good stipple brush compared to those in my collection. I love to apply my liquid foundation with this for an air brush finish. Use it as a powder brush when i dont need a ton of powder. I find that its great on cream/moose product too. uses it with my moose foundation and i only use this brush for that. Cream blush works well with this too for a glowly look :) I dont think i will purchase any of this for now and years later yet i can see myself buying it as a gift for friends or when mine is spoilt. SGD $6

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by illure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this brush for applying my liquid foundation. Doesn't shed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

I bought this brush to apply my liquid foundation with. I watched videos online where women used a stipple to get an airbrushed finish. Honestly, I was really disappointed. The brush isn't very dense and it's rather flimsy so it did a terrible job at blending my foundation. I ended up with a more overdone cakey foundation look. I'm not going to give up on stipple brushes just yet. I'm going to shop around more, but I don't recommend this one ladies.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by melo0u3e

Really not dense.. but it's ok to put blush