MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 1/16/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for a cool toned pink colour.. something a little darker than VG Gaga. This looked good in the store and when I got home I realised it was a bit too milky and settled into my liplines, more like a matte than a lustre. Not my favourite and haven't touched it much after that. Has the potential to look good under a gloss, but thats just a little too much effort for me on most days.

on 1/11/2012 8:17:00 PM

My go-to pink lipstick! The lustre finish makes it more subtle than a matte and keeps it from caking. Instead, my lips look moist and full. The longevity is pretty good, though I do need to reapply every few hours. On my lips, the product feels light and slick, in an almost moisturizing way. The blue undertones give the product almost a lilac-pink appearance, and subtly brighten teeth (cool plus!). Consequently, it definitely suits more cooler tones, I daresay!

This is a great day-to-day colour for me. I find it to be feminine and romantic (if that makes any sense!). I guess I mean that it's a sweet colour - pretty and a little bit playful. Anyhoo, adjectives aside, I love this lipstick and I will definitely continue to repurchase!

on 12/14/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a light-med neutral pink (leaning more towards the cool side). its very moisturizing and leaves a slight sheen. It gives me a YLBB look and I can layer it without it looking cakey. I have been wearing this everyday this winter, as I am fairly pale now it looks very pretty and natural. In the summer I like to wear brighter pinks/corals but for now this is perfect. I thought this would be too cool for me as Im a C3 with hazel eyes and golden highlights (like gisele bundchen, jennifer anniston) but it actualy works and brings out the green in my eyes! :-)
I do occasionaly mix it with crosswires (for some added brightness) and with MUFE #15 lipliner ( a dark pink).

on 11/13/2011 2:48:00 PM

i forgot my lipstick when i went to a bar with my girlfriend, so i borrowed hers after a few drinks. I loved this even when i was tipsy. I went to MAC a few days later n asked for this shade. i tested it on and my boyfriend said he liked it on me right away. btw, this is my 1st mac lipstick, def coming back for more b/c i find this formula none drying n applies smoothly.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Beautiful bubblegum slightly cool pink. It looks like a candy colored pink and always gets a million compliments. I love it with bronzey makeup. I also love the vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks. XO

on 10/28/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go to lipstick. I am almost done my first tube, and I will definitely repurchase once it's done. This is the perfect shade of pink that compliments my skin tone, and many people tell me this shade suits me absolutely perfectly. I almost never use any other shade of lipstick. Would definitely recommend!

on 10/12/2011 4:52:00 PM

This is a nice bubblegum pink color. This color is lovely on its own or worn with MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass.

Really pretty cool pink. I think it's one of MACs best pink lipsticks. I think it brightens up my face and looks really nice paired with lilac toned gloss.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got a wild hair a few months back and purchased all the "staple" MAC pinks. Of them, Lovelorn is by and far my favorite.

I don't have very pigmented lips, so one swipe is enough to give me flushed- and healthy-looking lips: perfect for low-key summer days. It's easily one of the few lipsticks that make me look radiant.

If you're not looking for a subdued pink lip, you can build up the color easily for an all-out "girly" pink -- just know that the blue undertones in this lipstick are strong, and anyone with warm skin is going to look a little goofy.

Overall, it's a beautiful and versatile pink, best suited for cool skintones. This lipstick has been my companion all summer, so 5 lippies from me. =)

on 8/6/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick! When I first saw it, I thought it was going to be super dramatic and be too bright, but since it's a lustre it's great for everyday and I fell in love. It's not completely sheer and it does make a statement but as soon as I put it on it brightens my face and the color is so cheery. On the MAC website it describes it as "a blue-toned emotive pink" It doesn't have too much of a blue undertone, but I do notice my teeth look slightly whiter when I wear it. This is without question one of my favorite pink lipsticks!

Popular Lipsticks