December 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Fragrances - Dolce & Gabbana - 3 L'Imperatrice EDT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent! I smell a bright sweetness of melon through the scent which i do love.When it dries down, there's a bit of flowery appears which is subtle as the melon note still gets over it. This one is really special, pretty and feminine. The lasting power for an EDT is just ok but the silage is good. U can use it in any season as its never over powering or annoying although its fruity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is to me a very girly, sweet, flora, candyish but in an adult-way scent. I do love it mainly for day time / office time wear, more spring/summer than autumn/winter. The packaging is very simple, in a way rather understated when I think of the scent. I did not give a 5 because of one thing, due to the heavy sweetness in this, I can not wear this everyday for weeks in a row. It gets too sickly after a few days, so I have to switch to something else to balance my nose again (I use Tom Ford's Lavender Palm for example) for a few days. After a break, when I come back to L'Imperatrice, it is always a nice welcome, like seeing a good old friend again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by annettepe

I used to love this scent but i feel like now, everytime i spray it, it has this alcohol like smell to it. i dunno if its whether mine is getting old or if its just like that. Anyways the dry down of the smell is really nice, girly and sweet but still sophisticated.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by SkylineGtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Liked the smell but wasn't very impressed. After wearing it a few days it grew on me. Lovely scent. Subtle but gives off the perfect amount. Very feminine. Can be worn day or night, even though fragrantica reviewers rated it as a day time perfume. Only reason I rated it a 3 is because the longevity is horrible!!! Lasts only about 2-3 hours on me. Big disappontment! I was starting to like it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

When it comes to perfumes, it�s difficult to advise other people. The fragrances smell really different, depending on which skin you spray them.
So fyi, my skin is like a loudspeaker for any faint sweet or heavy underlying note in a perfume. It boosts every perfume towards sweet and heavy and even the employees in the beauty stores are always surprised, how my skin transforms the perfumes.
No wonder, I�m super picky when it comes to perfumes and have to try out tons of perfumes before finding a suiting one.
I went on the search for a summertime perfume and it really depresses you, when you try tons of different scents and they never develop in a right way on your skin.
The employee of the beauty store told me, it had grapefruit in it and I love fresh fruit scents, but a good (!) fruity scent is hard to find. Anyway, she put it directly on my skin and sprayed it on a test strip too.
I only sniffed my skin and thought, this could be right. As always, my skin added a sweet touch to the perfume, but the balance could be maintained. It developed beautifully and gave me a light fresh-fruity scent with a little bit of creamy warmth without being overpoweringly fruity, crispy or candy-sweet.
At first, I didn�t know why, but the smell of L�imperatrice on a test strip told me the truth: This was a very green, very fruity perfume with only the lightest sweet undertone.
It is build whit a top of red currant, kiwi and rhubarb, a heart of watermelon, jasmine and pink cyclamen and a base of sandalwood, musk and grapefruit wood.
Without trying, I would have thought: Too green, way too green. Some of the "green" perfumes surely don�t smell too sweet on my skin, but don�t smell good either.
But this is a perfect summertime-perfume. Light enough, leaning towards fruity and only the tiniest bit of warmth in it to prevent it from being too green and fruity.
This is nothing like the tropical punch fruity scents or the sweet red fruit scents, that make you smell like a 8-year old girl chewing tropical fruit gum.
It doesn�t hit you in the face with its fruitiness, but gives you a light juicy breeze. Reminds me of a fruit sorbet.
But -and that´s a sad but- my skin did it again and made the perfume headachingly sweet after I waited some time.
I bought it too early as I was loving the scent when it was sprayed on my skin first. Big mistake.
This perfume didn´t work for me and my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by nicedreams000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my word...I LOVE this perfume! There's nothing quite like it when you take a whiff of a frangrance for the first time and it's the scent you want to smell like for the rest of your life! YES...it's that good!

I have never gotten as many compliments on my perfume as I have when I wear L'Imperatrice. The fellas seem to like it the most :) One of my guy friends actually commented that if he ever got angry around me all I would have to do is spray it near him and his anger would melt away! haha. But, seriously..go out and buy it because it's one of those scents that is uniquely perfect in each and every way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this scent. Was on the hunt for a new perfume at sephora. An associate used this perfume app that gives you options from your fave perfume. (mines being Dior addict 2). This one was of the options. I love it! Keys notes are kiwi and watermelon. I'm into scents that are fruity and light and doesn't smell like frickin candy. Such a gorgeous scent. Def would repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by brandyxander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always been keen on trying and collecting fragrances. I can definitely say this is MY fragrance. I also love Narciso Rodriguez, The One, Rush.. but I just can't live without L'Imperatrice on my shelf. It smells so good both in winter and summer, it's feminine, fresh, just lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by roar00

LOVE THIS SCENT - ultimate faveeee scent! Even my 6 year old baby cousin approves :D haha..
Usually most scents are overwhelming and gives me headaches, but this my friend, it makes me want to sniff and sniff...
It's a light floral scent, not too strong but classy and makes me feel/smell pretty and beautiful.
I would knock off 1 star for it's lack of staying power, but I love love this scent that I'll look past that. It normally stays about 5-8 hours on me, depending on the weather/how much I spray. Though, spraying a bit on your hair makes the scent last longer in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lgdeel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful. I would say this perfume is gorgeous. It smells incredible. It's a head turner.