July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by janee411

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have fair asian skin, and this is my daily blush. it's so light that you cannot overdo it. gives you a subtle natural looking color

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by yajuwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an everyday blush for pale people! It's a very soft pale peach. It's like a natural flush on me. I think the matte finish is wonderful as I don't really need shimmers and glitters all the time (Orgasm, I am talking to you). As all the NARS blushes I have, it doesn't change color, doesn't fade, doesn't make me a walking tangerine with good lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by socialmoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For years, I have gone back and forth, upwards and downwards, side to side, trying to identify my perfect blush. I am absolutely blown away by this little baby.

My criteria-- something that will enliven and make my sometimes-pale skin (though I've been using a self-tanner recently, one by L'Oreal for the face, which I love!) without looking fake. I've been wanting that 'glowing from within look', and just as I was about to give up on my quest for this dream-blush of mine, I decided to take a chance on this one by NARS on one of my many pilgrimages to Sephora.
I've never purchased a NARS blush, even though I love their products; I was always discouraged by the hype. I know Orgasm is considered to be the god of all blushes, but it seems so glittery...meh. My pores would not be a fan.

Anyway, I took the $27 plunge and was BLOWN out of the water. This is exactly what I've been looking for-- it sets my face aglow effortlessly and is a complete blessing on mornings when I look like a corpse (cute!). At night, it combines beautifully with bronzer and a little bit of highlighter to create this gorgeous, effortless, incandescent summer glow. There are just so many ways to wear it, I could go on and on, but I think that indicates of how great a product it is-- the perfect blush should compliment you, whatever direction you want to take your makeup!

I can tell I'm gushing, but I seriously cannot say enough good things about this stuff. Cons? That's a toughie. The price, yes, since you might to do some layering if you want to achieve a certain look. I doubt this would show up on skin ranging in the darker end of the spectrum, so it's not for everyone. The packaging, I think, is lovely (I like a simple, sleek look, and the mirror is pretty handy), although I've heard spine-chilling stories about how NARS blushes can shatter without warning. This scares the crap out of me because I'm so deeply in love with this stuff. What can I say, it's got Sex Appeal. And you should get it too!

^ My failed attempt at a pun

xo

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by kloud04

I really adore this blush. I am NW25 normally and I am now about a NW 35 due to my tan and this blush still works for me. Like others have said if you have warm yellowish undertones it has a tendency to show up more.I only wear tinted moisturizer, apply the blush and then set with powder. I think if you wear heavier makeup it may not show up either. This blush looks soooooo natural. I have a ton of blushes and I have been wearing this for a few weeks now. I plan on buying another one here pretty soon just in case they do not add it to the complete line. I also tested this on my hand at sephora and it did not show up so I think it is best to apply on cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I was very unimpressed with sex appeal. Matte formula and a soft muted pink-based peach with minimal colour payoff. It is not buildable as the texture is suprisingly chalky, and because the colour is so 'pale' it does not show up on my skin when I am pale (NC20) or tan (NC37) regardless of how much I layer or which brush I use to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will never bought this blush my self as we don’t have NARS here and I have to order online BUT then the color looks too pink and boring on the website and I would never thought i will like it. Then my BFF recommend me this as she bought one for her self and felt in love with it as well.
I used to love Luster and Douceur but this blush is just amazing. Total love. I am light to medium skin around MAC 15-20 and this blush show on my skin perfectly. Not too dark either too light…Just perfect. Don’t remember anything else to suit me that good.
Will stay with this in future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my all time favorite blush! it's hard to over do with this soft, sheer peachy blush. it gives such a natural, innocent look. some people don't like nars packaging but i personally like it because it's very slim yet durable - i travel a lot and i tend to not take makeups that are bulky in packaging - for example...rock & republic & dior palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by BasiaMik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful blush for someone who has very fair skin and hates wearing outrageous blush on a daily basis. Once applied to the skin, it doesn't look like you're wearing anything. It looks like a natural pink/peach glow. For twenty seven dollars, you get a lot of product, beautiful packaging with a mirror, and an overall pretty shade. At the same time, I can't see myself repurchasing it. It's not really a blush, and definitely not a bronzer. It's something in between a pressed powder and a blush. Think of the lightest blush imaginable and you'll get this. Worth a try, but only on lighter skin. It probably won't show on darker skin colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

NARS makes the best blushes! I love this one. It's a very nice, sheer peachy blush. Unlike other blushes from NARS this one is not very pigmented and will only show up on VERY fair skin. I'm NC10 and even I have some problems to make it show up on my cheeks - and that's awesome because it's impossible to overdo it! I like to apply this at first and then use MAC's eyeshadow in Paradisco on the top to give my cheeks a nice sheen :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Like the reviewer before me I would have never thought this blush would show up on my skin based upon the way it looked in the packaging. However, I read some reviews on here and decided that I would try it. I find it a very beautiful blush for my somewhat fair to medium skin tone. Not too glittery or bright, it adds just the right amount of flush to my cheeks, especially over a little similarly colored creme blush that has been blended well into my foundation. I find Nars' blushes to be worth the money.