Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a product I came across by chance, due to a gift certificate for my birthday two years ago. I needed a new foundation for ocassions when I wear make up. This one was recommended by the saleswoman for my sensitive skin with redness, mild rosacea, dry to normal, no acne or blemishes, very fair toned.
It worked great, applied smoothly and evenly by fingers, even for an unexperienced rookie like me.
It smelled fantastic and left a great feeling on the skin, very light, healthy and smooth.
But, it didn't get to its full glory until I started using it daily in my tough struggle with rosacea and uncomfortable red hot flares.
I use no other make up, just an antiredness cream (Mixa, Avene..) and Vitalumiere aqua. This is the only combination that completely prevents my red flare ups, even in winter and close to a heat source. It never dries my skin out. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all on my face. Second skin it really is. Nice and healthy glow. It covers up my redness, evens out the skin tone.
It's definitely not full coverage, but it's buildable.
I have dry skin, so I can't say about oil coverage.
It lasts all day long, no lines, no powdery spots, doesn't leave marks on clothes.
It provides some sort of a shield from the outside climate influences that my skin usually reacts to (heat, sun, dry air) and also neutralizes the inside influences (alcohol, spicy food, stress).

It's ideal for my skin and for everyday use.
I think it gives my skin just the right amount of coverage, perfect moisture and a lovely natural and light feeling, a healthy glow.

on 12/8/2014 11:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have combination skin, my T zone gets very oily within 2 hours or so with any other foundations I have used (there are many!) and my under eye area always gets creases. However it is pretty clear and I don't have many problems with spots.
I am usually a medium to full coverage kind of girl however I grew sick of constantly looking cakey.
I took the plunge and tried this and I will never look back!
First of all it is the only foundation I don't get an oily T zone with, of course I will eventually, but I can go up to 6 hours with this and it looks as though I have just applied it. Secondly it is water based which is why it never creases under my eyes (hallelujah!)
After using this for a while I prefer applying this with my RT expert face brush and I have come to love using my loreal magique primer underneath which gives a radiant glow without me looking like an oil slick. And all I use for powder is the rimmel stay matte which is so cheap but have started using less of due to not having to touch up as much. Overall it just gives a medium coverage and flawless appearance to the face!!
Obviously this is just my experience but I would recommend it to anyone who's interested!

on 11/26/2014 2:49:00 AM

To those who love natural no-makeup makeup look, you must try this!!!

i have tried MAC foundation and Faceshop BB cream before and this is my favourite. it blends perfectly into skin and is extremely buildable. it is very light-weighted, feels like second skin, gives my skin a glow and allow my skin's own natural glow to come through. i use chanel le blanc makeup base underneath and the foundation lasts whole day. doesn't oxidise unlike MAC foundation. my skin is oily and after applying, i do look shiny thus powder is needed. does nothing much to pores though. coverage is minimal thus don't expect it to cover blemishes/scar/pimples.

on 11/21/2014 12:49:00 AM

I have the CHANEL VITALUMIÈRE AQUA in 12- BEIGE ROSÈ and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It is a good consistency and smells great. The coverage is nice and light and it is easy to apply and refreshing on your face. Definitely worth the money.

on 11/16/2014 10:51:00 PM

Simply the best foundation I've ever tried. Everything I wanted out of Nars Sheer Glow, I found in VA. While SG was such a disappointment (too matte and dull, too drying, poor staying power) VA gives me such a radiant glow, wears well so that it looks even better as the day goes on and the coverage is perfect (decent without masking the skin and hiding its natural luminosity). This won't hide pimples or redness so I use Mac PLW concealer for that.

EDIT: I still love this but since starting retin-a I often have dryness and sometimes flakiness around my mouth, chin and sides of my nose - VA does not do well with dry patches! In fact it emphasises them and while I never had any issues with the alcohol content of VA (nor am I of the school of thought that thinks alcohol in skin products are bad) I think my current dryness is no longer compatible with the formula. I've been using Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and it glides over dry spots much better.

on 11/11/2014 9:12:00 PM

I have tried countless foundation products and this is by far my favourite liquid foundation. I have a combination of skin types, oily, sensitive and acne prone but this foundation does really well with my skin type. I have to admit though it wears off so I apply a primer. My skin will always be oily and no foundation will help with that but throughout the day I just set my make-up with the natural matte finish pressed powder by Chanel as well. The bottle lasts me half a year granted that I don't use much. It never looks cakey and it feels fresh. To anyone reading this review, who hasn't tried this foundation, I say try it; it's definitely worth a shot!

on 11/8/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Beautiful natural, fresh, light finish. Perfection. The best. But - terrible staying power. After 3 hours it begins to melt and disappear from the skin - even with primer, powder on top, ud finishing spray. After 5 hours in the office - nothing is left on my skin (i have normal skin). Conclusion: best finish, worst staying power.

on 11/6/2014 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really enjoyed this product - nice light/medium coverage with a light, natural feeling. I dabbed some on my cheeks and blended with a brush for application. It always looked flawless and never cake-y or greasy. I love the light scent, too. It makes me feel so fresh when I use it.

Unfortunately, I am too fair even for the lightest shade of this product. I have NC15 skin and tried using the lightest shade - 12 Beige Rose - and it was still too orangey. It was less noticeable with a good amount of blending, and especially more passable in the summer. But with winter coming on I just can't make it work anymore... I plan on buying this again next spring/summer when I'll be out in the sun more. I will miss it!

Tl;dr - Great product, but not a great option if you're super pale.

on 11/2/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation. Nice medium coverage, looks somewhat skinlike. I find it does settle lines here and there, one particular line between my brows that it settles right into :( I have medium dry skin and I think this is too drying for my skin in the winter. It looks best when i wear it over sunscreen.. I think that just means I need more moisturizing foundation.

on 10/30/2014 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This foundation is just beautiful. It smells lovely, feels light and fresh on your skin, and the coverage and finish are just stunning - glowing, but in a natural way, and without imperfections. It glides over dry patches without highlighting them and reduces small pimples and redness to nothing. I bought this for my 21st birthday party and I didn't realise there was SPF in it at the time, but it actually looks gorgeous in photos too - but maybe that's because I'm so pale already I can't tell if there's a white cast! At any rate, it just looks flawless. Easiest, prettiest, most comfortable foundation I've ever used. Staying power is pretty awesome too considering it's not marketed for that! Oil control is average but it stays on in spite of that. Overall just a really beautiful product that is a pleasure to use - and doing your makeup should be a good experience, after all!