Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner

3.9

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat. (38%), Butylene Glycol, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG/PPG-20/6 Dimethicone, Cetyl Lactate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycolic Acid, Yellow 6, Red 40, Fragrance

on 4/29/2012 11:05:00 PM

This toner is amazing! I love that it "fights and fades" A friend had mentioned how in love she was with this toner so after mine had ran out I decided to go get it. I have very dry skin but it is acne prone. This really helps and doesn't dry it out but i do use a moisturizer of course. I use my proactive renewing cleanser then use this and let it sit on my face for a bit before applying my cetaphil moisturizer. The only downside is the stupid lid. I find that this toner leaks in my bags when i go to a friends house it always leaks no matter how tight the lid is.

Personally, this toner works about just as good as the Equate brand toners. It didn't have an overpowering scent, but it did leave a sticky residue on my face which I didn't like at all. I have a Equate sensitive skin toner now, and I can say that this toner maybe worked 10% better. The sticky residue really threw me off, and it didn't do anything for my acne scars either. It did keep my acne at bay, but really didn't do anything special for it. I used the entire bottle, so I do have a valid opinion on this.

Sadly, this product breaks me out. I was using it to get rid of some leftover acne red marks, but this just gave me more acne! What's weird, is that this gave me acne on my cheeks and cheekbones, and I never ever get pimples there. I love the Neutrogena Rapid Clear pads, but this one was not good for me.

on 4/2/2012 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had read the great reviews of this product before buying so I thought it would work for me. Well, exactly the opposite. It was irritating, drying, and gave me some terrible cystic acne and deep whiteheads, which I hadn't had in years. I did return the product and will never buy again.

on 3/5/2012 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this toner. I tried to stop using it and the milia on my forehead immediately returned. I tried switching to ProActive's toner and that made my skin worse. I went back to this toner and immediately the milia subsided. My skin is overall clearer, smoother, and even-toned when I use this toner. It keeps the acne at bay. Love this stuff!

on 2/20/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love this product. Probably one of the best performing toner that you can get over the counter. Definitely keeps acne at bay and the glycolic in this toner is an added plus. It is alcohol based but not loaded with alcohol. I'm on my 2nd bottle. A good toner to rotate with my PC 2% BHA liquid.

on 1/13/2012 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have gone through about a third of the bottle now and I really like it. It has slowly faded my acne scars a little, but it stings/burns when I put it on and I have to fan my face so 1 lippie off for that.

on 11/8/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Neutrogena products, and when looking at my skin routine, I realized I should try a toner and see how it works for me. I picked this up at Target and within 3 days of using it only at night, I broke out severely. I stopped using it, and my skin cleared back up. I tried using it everyother night. I still broke out, just not as bad. So I stopped using it all together. Now, 2 months later, I use it every night, but use a q-tip to dab it onto the spots that need and my scars instead of my whole face. Its been a week and so far I havent broken out, so hopefully I wont. I havent seen any results on my spots yet, so I'm not sure its even working for me yet.

on 9/10/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I generally believe toners really do work in my makeup removal regimen. I picked this up at my local Walmart (it was recommended to me by my mom). I've never had acne, or a big problem with breakouts, but I needed a new toner so I gave it a shot.

What I like: After removing my makeup either with a wipe or after a shower, this really helps get the leftover residue off my face. It almost has a cooling effect, and doesn't irritate my face. After using it for a few weeks, i've noticed the clarity of my face has greatly improved. It had faded a few of the scars I've had from past breakout. It also does not make my skin feel overly dry or tight after using it.

What I don't like: The product is very strong. For people with really sensitive skin, this could be a problem.

Overall, this toner has really impressed me. I feel like it is a product I will continue to repurchase. I would recommend this to anyone :)

on 8/17/2011 2:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't actually have a lot of experience with toners (this was my first) but I'm about halfway through and wanted to say that it does everything I expected it to. It cleans my face well and I have noticed that my acne has been subdued considerably while I've used this. I've also noticed that my acne scars have not completely faded, but have definitely faded somewhat and are barely noticeable now. I'm happy with my purchase and will continue to repurchase.