October 23, 2014 | 2067 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Root Rescue

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Joyce1212

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely awful. As one other reviewer stated, my grey roots would have been preferable to the sickly reddesh color I obtained from this "dark brown" product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jade07030

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have resistant grey hair so I decided to double up the time to 20 minutes. This product did nothing to cover the grey. The only thing I liked about this kit was the brush applicator but what's the point when the dye doesn't even work. I'm going back to the Nice 'n easy root touch up kit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a Medium Brown shade. Easy to mix, easy to apply with the built in comb at the end of the applicator. Seemed like more than enough product in the bottle to fully saturate temples, bangs and part line where grey most noticible on my long, thick hair. Left it on for the longer amount of time recommended to color "stubborn" grey roots. When I rinsed, was pretty disappointed. Wondered if I should have left it on for longer than recommended, or maybe tried a darker shade of brown as only part of the grey was covered.

Even the part that did get covered didn't stay colored more than another week, so really not worth the money or effort.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Luna73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Steer clear.

I bought this out of desperation when my regular product was sold out. I would've been better off sporting my gray roots than this color.

I used the Dark Auburn shade, which is specifically mentioned as being a match for the Nice 'N Easy shade I usually use. Because of that, I didn't bother pre-testing the color. HUGE mistake.

The applicator worked very well for me -- almost as good as using my brush. And the process seemed to go smoothly. Until I washed out the color.

The "dark auburn" color (which is shown to be basically a medium brown with reddish tones -- just like the NNE 112 shade) came out nearly Ronald McDonald red on my hair. It isn't even remotely close to matching anything anyone would describe as auburn. After several washings, I've gotten it toned down to a dark burgundy which looks better -- until you see that the rest of my hair is brownish-red.

This product is a complete waste. Will not buy again, would never recommend. One lippie only because it will not allow me to select zero.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ew0308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was regretted for purchasing this product 6A light ash brown for 4.99 at Walgreen before checking the reviews first. Since I already threw away the receipt, I decided to give this product a try anyways. In many previous posts, many people complains about the packaging and the coloring problems in this hair dye.And to avoid these problems I use my own hair color brush ($1.99 at Ulta)and a plastic container to place and mixed the product together. During the process, I tried to used the comb which came with the package to brush on the color. OH My that little comb make me felt like many toothpicks scratching my hair at the same time!!Dont use the comb!! The amount of product looks small in the bottle however I was able to do my whole root hair lines. The result is just so so..It only cover 80% of my original root color(I dont have any grays,and yes 80% means it doesn't cover my roots well after 25 mins of wait time)..my hairs feels dry after color..the color is not as smooth and even as full bottle hair dye.For the price I would expect a conditioner came in with the product. Overall, my roots kind of match my medium brown hair. And for just $1-1.2 difference to full size of Feria and conditioners set..I would just pay more instead of putting extra work and time into this product. At last, one thing I do like about the product is the eyeglasses protector. Its very useful..Finally,I would not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for color 4. This is the second time I'm using this as a root rescue. I have dark brown hair with full head highlights. I've been very busy lately and taking care of my roots at home. I think L'oreal root rescue does the job quite well, at least the color I tried is pretty good and matches my hair color. My biggest problem is the price. It's extremely expensive for the amount of dye you get. I payed 6.87$ at Walmart which is ridiculous. It barely covers the roots of my head and I guess I left some areas untouched (back of my head). I also agree with some other reviewers that this fades a little after a few shampoos. I could see my grays after 4-5 washes. But my grays are very stubborn in general, I'm not sure if it's the product.
Yes I bought this for the second time only for one reason: the bottle with a brush at the tip. I think it's very practical. You don't need to apply the dye with one hand and then brush it with the other. It's a one step application. So I washed the bottle this time and I'm going to use it with other cheaper and better brands next time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bluezinnia

Once again, here's a product promising to color hair very quickly, which can't actually do it. I left this on my hair 15 minutes after finishing applying it, and it barely tinted most of the hair it was applied to. The only hair it came close to properly coloring was the hair I first applied it to around my hairline. It was on that area for upwards of 25 minutes. If I were to ever use this again, I would leave it on for about 30 minutes after application. I used the "Dark Brown" shade. At least it didn't come out red or anything strange. The applicator brush doesn't work too well. Also, as others stated, you don't get much for your money with this. One small plus - it didn't smell too bad.

The "extra fingers" another review referred to are probably actually the eyeglass temple covers this comes with. I didn't use them.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by domino1234567

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is awful! The worst hair dye I have ever used. Like other comments have stated I really do wish I had read the reviews for this product before using. Not the cheapest, definitely the worst. Great combination.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lemonfresh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used the Nice 'n Easy root product for a while but was willing to try a different one, but I am returning to old faithful. The L'Oreal Root Rescue was way too drippy (I need to touch up a spot on the paint in my hallway now), and the dark blonde shade made my hair too light--it didn't look different from the gray that I was trying to cover. So, so useless.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

How much do I hate this..let me count the ways! I bought this in BLACK..what I got, was brown/orange roots. WTF?! I've never had a Black hair dye turn out brown. This took 10 min and honestly I didn't feel there was enough product to do my roots all around my hairline and down my part. I also wasn't a huge fan of the applicator brush, it seemed to glop it out rather than brush it on. Overall this was a HUGE fail for me and I will NEVER EVER EVER buy it again.