December 18, 2014 | 1521 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Girl Meets Pearl

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love this product. The packaging the impact the effect. I love dewy. Currently I dab it one, sheer, with a wet sponge. Maybe a stippling brush would give it a better effect.

I avoid my shiny forehead....and use the Porefessional around my cheeks, before I dab it on....otherwise it will illuminate lines and pores.

Wear it without makeup. Suits dark to med dark skin tones because of the champagne glow.

It's not shimmer, it's glow. This Benefit have nailed the 'glow' formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by DNeum

This is a great highlighter. I bought a sample of it and am going to purchase the full tube. It adds a pearly sheen but doesn't leave you looking "shiny" in that greasy way. It can be mixed in with a foundation or applied on the tops of the cheekbones in C shape. I also use it to dab in the corners of my eyes and along the sides of my nose (a very very tiny amount on the nose.) I think it would be easy to over apply this product, so less is more starting out.
I don't really care for the packaging. It just looks... little kid ish. I like BeneFit's retro style packaging in general, but this produce could use some repackaging I think. It's a little pricey but a tiny bit goes a long way- the sample tube I had lasted 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I mix this with KA SSE sx08 to thin it and it creates a beautiful slightly satiny finish. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite highlighter for my cheeks/temples.
I have tried thebalm mary lou-manizer, highbeam, moonbeam, nars illuminator, touche eclat, dandelion, toofaced, smashbox, bareminerals, etc etc.
This one just looks best on me.
It smells and looks a lot like thatgal primer, with the same click packaging.
It is quite liquid but not as runny as high beam. I use MACs small skunk brush (130 I think) and pick it up with the brush from the back of my hand and stipple it across the top of my cheekbones and around my temples in a C, and sometimes over my blush a bit (on the top side).
It looks great and doesnt have any noticeable sparkle but a pearly sheen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is a "soft golden pink liquid pearl that glides on for a breathtakingly luminous complexion". Benefit offers only a limited amount of info on this product, so this may not be my most informative review. I'm pretty sure this product is meant to be used in conjunction with That Gal Brightening Face Primer because the formula has similar features like raspberry and chamomile extracts to calm the skin and light reflecting pigments for a dewy glow, along with very similar packaging. This product can be used as a highlighter or mixed into foundation or moisturizer for all over glowy goodness. The full size of Girl Meets Pearl is priced at $30 for 12ml (.4fl oz). I bought a sample sized tube at Ulta for $8, containing 7.5ml (.25fl oz). I believe the actual value of the same size is about $20. Though it seems tiny, this little sample contains a decent amount of product, more than half of a full size for less than a third of the full price. Sweetest deals! Benefit does not test on animals and offers an extensive animal testing policy on their website. This highlighter was made in the USA. Benefit products can be bought online at the company's website, Sephora, Ulta, and Benefit counters in department stores.
written in peachy pink cursive on the front. An adorable caricature of the San Francisco (Benefit's hometown) skyline wraps around the purple cardboard box. Directions and a full ingredient list can be found on the back of the box. The sample size of Girl Meet Pearl comes in an itty bitty squeeze tube that features the same San Francisco at night design. There is no information on the tube, but that's ok, I think the box pretty much covered it. The full size of Girl Meets Pearl comes in a strange twist up tube, I think I'd prefer a tube like this one.
Girl Meets Pearl is a peachy golden pink as promised. It's on the warmer sides of highlighters, but not as warm as Sunbeam or Watts Up. This highlighter contains a moderate amount of shimmer, the effect is a beautiful golden glow that's noticeable but not too out there. It may be a tad shimmery for some people's tastes, others might think it's better to use in the evening. Actually that's probably what Benefit is suggesting by packaging it in a night-time themed tube. The consistency of this luminizer is a little on the watery side but it blends well. This product seems to change color as you blend it, changing from peach to a soft golden tone. I blend this product in with my fingers, but a concealer brush is also a good option. I apply Girl Meets Pearl to the tops of cheekbones and down the center of my nose, sometimes on my cupid's bow and under the brow. It adds a lovely pearlescent, if not slightly shimmery look to the skin. It's an easy way to add that special little something to the skin that's not super obvious.
Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is a nice liquid luminizer. The slightly shimmery, pearly finish and the light golden color warms up the skin even so slightly and gives a pretty glow to the complexion. The texture is a little runnier than needs be, but it blends well, and that's what really matters. The packaging is really, but what Benefit product packaging isn't? I won't repurchase Girl Meets Pearl, its far too expensive and seems like it might be dupeable. If you have your heart set on Girl Meets Pearl check your Ulta or Sephora for a sample size before investing the $30 into a full size.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Kate1011

Its a good highlighter, but sometimes I do not like the finish it gives, it almost looks a bit streaky. I think benefit have some better highlighters like high beam or moon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jaimesommers

I love this product. I apply it a few ways. I put a dab in my daily moisturizer and it gives me a soft all over dewey glow. I also apply it (with a brush) on top of my foundation -which gives me a very soft pearly effect. It is a bit pricey for the amount you get - but I am always satisfied when I use it. In summer I wear it almost daily - in the winter - I like it with my evening makeup. Plus, I like the fact it has no sparkle in it. Just a 'pearlessence' if you will.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I have a small sample of this. I cant see how this works as an efficient highlight. The effects dun really show up well. Maybe this might work on someone with a darker skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My second favourite highlighter (1st place is High Beam). I use this on my (fake) bronzed skin in summer months. If my skin looks dull, I apply it sparingly all over my face before putting on foundation to give me a subtle glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by roxxdallas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just love it...perfect golden kiss on my face :)