July 23, 2014 | 1845 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After the first 2 times I used this mask, I was ready to climb up the table and sing praises of how amazing this mask is. The Mint & Lemon came in a trio with 2 other Freeman masks from Rite Aid, it was one of the gift sets that they had for christmas. For $10 I got 3 masks, talk about a bargain. Now onto the actual mask, since it's a clay mask I love that it sucks all the oil and gunk out of my skin. My skin is oily overall but especially in the t-zone. During the warmer months I can leave this mask on for 20 or more minutes and my skin wouldn't dry out. When it's winter I can't since my skin is drier, so I just do 10-15 min but that's still enough time to suck up all the excess oil. Another reason why I love this mask is because it calms the redness in my skin. I haven't found anything that has done that, my skin does get red still later in the day but not as red if I didn't use the mask. This is the perfect pick me up for your skin. And if you have any active breakouts it can help dry them out. You can be very sure I'll be running out the door to get another one when I finish this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I have so many freeman masks, and this one is probably my favourite. It's the one I use if my skin is really freaking out. I even use it as a spot treatment overnight sometimes. When you rinse it off, it minimizes the appearance of your pores. (Doesn't last forever but is nice while it lasts). It also dries up any blemishes - not completely but it helps. I'm almost out of this & will repurchase so I always have it on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Catka06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a self-proclaimed Freeman fanatic I absolutely 100% believe this is THE BEST mask they make. Seriously, it can do no wrong. The smell is subtle and refreshing, not at all overpowering. It's a fairly thick consistency and can be difficult to spread evenly across your face. However, once you get it on it literally works magic. As it dries you can see the nastiness surfacing from your pores and be mad about how you totally exfoliate and still the grossness insists on clogging up your face like little black polka dots. So when you wash it off your pores are clean, tightened and your skin is glowing. Not only does it remove blackheads though - it also has magical wizard powers when it comes to pimples and the dreaded hormonal cystic acne. The smaller zits will most likely be gone overnight after using this stuff and cleansing your face. The harder cysts can be seriously taken down, if not taken out, by using it as a spot treatment overnight. The only possible downside is that if you have extremely dry skin, like yours truly, it really should only be used once or twice a week and followed up with a wonderful moisturizer, otherwise you run the risk of stripping your face or making it so dry that it hurts to raise your eyebrows (this is a thing). All of that said, if I was forced to pick one mask for the rest of my life it would be this one, hands down. Go out and try it! I hope you get results as wonderful as mine!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does help with my acne but it is quite irritating after I left the mask on for 2 minutes or so. I think it's a really great mask, but it's sister the dead sea mineral one won my heart. I own both so i alternate using them along with other masks, but I just enjoy using that one and I always find myself going for that one much more. My cheek area is quite sensitive and that one gets rid of my acne just as well. I wouldn't buy it again because it's irritating during my dry skin days. I can't imagine how i'll be in the winter time. :(
For you people with oily skin w/ acne that is not sensitive, this product is great.
For people with combo skin w/ acne I would say try the blue dead sea mineral one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I have used pretty much all of the Freeman face masks, & this one is BY FAR the best one out of all of them. This smells amazing (like real lemons), dries fast, removes all dirt, oil, impurities, & literally makes any pimples or little bumps dissapear by the next day. This mask is truly wonderful. I don't have one bad thing to say about it. For how cheap this is, ($3.99), it is a steal! I will continue to buy this for life. If you're debating on whether or not to buy this, don't hesitate....buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Solacitaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First and foremost I absolutely LOVE this product I use to buy a 45$ face mask from GM Collins and the Freeman lemon and mint mask completely tops it. I suffer from acne on my chin and cheeks and even cystic acne and it's done wonders. It's organic so great for your skin. I'd totally refer my friends to this product because its a religious product ill always return to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by nshelt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $3.99 since it was on sale and decided to buy 2 because i heard great reviews. Starting off, I have very oily skin, especially in my t-zone areas. I use this mask about 2 times a week and it has significantly improved my oiliness. I am very impressed with the results so far. This is also a good mask for treating cystic acne blemishes that aren't ready to come to a head yet. I apply a little dot before bed time and by the morning they have gone down in size. I really love this mask, and it smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ewendlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have moderate acne with the occasional cysts and very oily skin

With that being said this is a fantastic mask to use every other day or as a spot treatment as needed - it soaks up all the oil in my face without drying my face out (very minimal dry spots) and also helps prevent cysts from getting worse or too red. This product doesn't break me out and I think anyone with oily or acne prone skin should try it out for the price

Do I think it improves acne? Yes, in the fact that it helps clean out your pores and keeps your skin less oily for a few hours after applying it. The best part of the Freeman clay masks for me is that it really helps even out the texture of my face (which as those with acne knows, is the biggest problem when applying face makeup) and helps make a smoother surface for my foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was happy that I grabbed the last tube on the shelf, since this has been very hard to find for whatever reason. It smells realistically as lemons and has kaolin clay high on the ingredient list which my face responds well to. After I apply, let it dry, and rinse it off, my face feels and looks smoother. I get no redness or dryness which is surprising since my face is both sensitive and oily. It really does a good job keeping acne in check and doesn't clog my pores. Of all the Freeman masks I have tried, this one is the best for me. It does what it says it will do and is perfect for those with oily or even combination skin. It does remind me a lot of the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask in both consistency and looks, yet I would have to say this smells and performs better. This will be perfect to use during the summer and it is not too pricey. I found my tube at Walgreens, but I hope this is not discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Jlab25

Preface to my review: Prior to using this product I had really rough dry skin that looked horrible under makeup. I wear makeup on occasion because I have a few acne scars. My dilemma was the texture of my skin and my skin was uneven. I heard great reviews about the product so I decided to purchase to assist with my skin issues. Like many other reviewers, I too experience acne spotting from time to time. When I purchased the product my acne breakout was at the worst its ever been. Needless to say I was skeptical in using the product but I took my chances.
Using the Product: While experiencing my recent breakout I also paired the use of this product with my new facial routine (clinique for blemishes kit). In doing so I have seen positive results. Especially in the texture and smoothness of my skin. My makeup looks flawless now...I have even decided to go without makeup now a days. I have not given this product the full rating because I have not been using it for long (3 weeks now, 2x a week). Before I give a full rating I would like to see how my skin behaves with prolonged use. I recommend giving the product a try, especially given the price. I also recommend going to Ulta if you can, they often have these products for buy 1 get 1 free.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No