November 27, 2014 | 1689 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just average, nothing special. For being a 'foaming' facial cleanser I don't think it really lathers that well. Don't rely on this to remove your makeup. I only wear powder foundation and concealer and this has a tough time even getting that off. The bottle is not shower friendly either. It's big and bulky, tricky to hold and pump out and the label will peel off if you get it wet. Anyway, it's alright but it's not HG worthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Wink762

I have been using this product for about three months now and it wasn't until this past month that I realized how wonderful it is. I have acne prone, oily skin that was also becoming increasingly red. I am a product junkie and am constantly trying new products with the disillusioned belief that maybe one will magically give me a baby face. During my teenage years, I would get these horrible cysts that were filled with blood and all blue. The pill has helped to clear those up, but regular breakups are still an issue.

I started using this cleanser and mixing it with tea tree oil and lavender. I was also mixing tea tree oil into my moisturiser. While my skin was clearing up, I was getting more and more red. Fast forward to a month ago when I smeared straight Tamanu oil on my face (please, don't ever do this) and experienced a horrible bout of contact dermatitis. To give you a frame of reference, I once accidentally put nail polish remover on my face instead of toner and nothing bad happened- my skin was pretty hard core. It took about two weeks to heal and I couldn't use anything on my face during that time because I would become very itchy and bright red. It started to heal so I tried to spot treat with tea tree again and I had a second (even worse) bout of contact dermatitis. Now that I am healed, I have gone back to this cleanser and I can see how wonderful it is on my newly horribly sensitive skin. I tried Aveeno Calming Cleanser and Avene cold cream cleansing bar and they both made my face feel red and tight.

This cleanser does not irritate my skin and has calmed down the redness significantly. I also didn't break out during the typical weeks of my cycle that I do. Normally when I wash my face, it looks red or tight or oily after, but with this cleasner it looks exactly the same as it did before cleansing (which is a good thing).

I have learned that gentle is the way to go and am now trying to make up for 12 years of using harsh products on my skin. I haven't been able to wear foundation or cover up because of my reactions, so I have also gone down to washing my face every second day in the evening ONLY just to wash off the grime. I spray it with Avene Thermal water, wash with this cleanser and follow with Avene skin recovery cream. This new routine has balanced my skin out and my oiliness has decreased noticeably. This cleanser works so well that on my non wash days, my face doesn't feel dirty, gritty, greasy or anything. It looks plump and even toned. You only need a pea sized amount of this cleasner if you are not using it to remove make up, so it will last a long time. When I do wear make up, I start with Pre Cleanse from Dermalogica or just jump straight to this cleanser and follow up with a toner (usually Witch Hazel).

I know for some of you, the thought of only washing your oily/acne prone skin once a day, never mind just once every two days is a scary thought, but it has really benefited my skin that I have destroyed by constantly switching from one harsh thing to another. This cleanser has given me the most clear and even toned skin that I have since I was 12 (I am now 26). I used to have to redo my long wear foundation at lunch because the oil in my skin would break it down too quickly. but I would consider my oil production now to be about average.

This has been the best cleanser that I have found for my newly sensitized skin and I recommend anyone with oily skin to give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love this cleanser - it's mild and removes any last traces of make-up without irritating my skin. I usually use mineral oil to remove make-up, then remove it with a warm wet cloth, and finally use a mild cleanser to remove traces of oil. I tried CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser but for some reason it always stung my skin. The Foaming Cleanser doesn't do this so I've been using it instead. On days I don't wear any make-up I use it alone and it's one of the few cleansers that doesn't leave my skin tight and dry. It also doesn't break me out, rinses clean and I love the pump (vs a squeeze tube - not so great when your hands are wet).

It's a great price, you get a lot of product (12 fl oz) and it lasts forever! Highly recommend for sensitive combo or oilier skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Samieedeemua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used several bottles of this cleanser. It is by far my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ahoymaite

The absolute best cleanser I've ever used! I credit this product, combined with mineral oil for initial makeup removal, for clearing up my skin. Your skin feels refreshed and clean after using without feeling tight. Plus, my skin loves the ceramides and niaminicide. After years of switching from acne cleanser to acne cleanser, I see no reason to ever stop using CeraVe Foaming.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fantastic cleanser. It's so important to use a gentle cleanser on your face. Once I started doing this, my natural protective barrier was restored and my skin calmed down and all of my other products started working better. This cleanser contains some nice ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and niacinamide. My skin simply GLOWS after cleansing with this. The glow doesn't last for long, but washing my face has become one of the highlights of my day because of this. Since I wear sunscreen and makeup, I cleanse with oil and a microfiber cloth first, then use CeraVe to cleanse, then moisturize. In the morning I just use the CeraVe, then moisturize and apply sunscreen. This is fragrance-free and the 12 oz. bottle is a generous size. Would re-purchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Simmers123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST FACIAL CLEANSER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

I love this cleanser for the past year my eczema had started again, and I have been looking for a cleanser that would help calm my skin when i washed it. I had tried everything from oatmeals to Michael Todd and nothing worked finally my dermatologist recommended this product. Within that week of using it my skin calmed down and after I washed it my skin would look like its normal self rather than all the red rashes. This product doesn't help with acne or aging. It is just a SIMPLE facial cleanser, it keeps the skin calm and hydrated which is all I needed. Love it :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

I love this cleanser! It was recommended to me by my dermatologist because of my Rosacea. It does an excellent job of cleaning off make-up and dirt without drying out my skin. I went out and bought another one to have as a back up and I will continue to buy. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Project25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using cerave foaming cleanser for over 3 months, I also used the hydrating version a few times but for some reason it stung my eyes and face so that is body wash now-however this foaming one is the BEST economical face wash I have ever used and I have tried everything from low end to high end. I love the simple pump and use this in the shower at night. (I use PCA creamy cleanser in the AM). It cleans my skin amazingly and gets it ready for my nighttime skincare products. There is no smell, it doesn't burn my skin and it clears up my skin! I bought an expensive cleanser 2 weeks ago because I got bored and wanted to try something new and stopped using Cerave, I started to notice I was starting to get some clogged pores (white closed comodones) and my skin was on the oiler side. Last night I used Cerave and TODAY my skin is practically all cleared up which is why I decided to write this review now. I am a total product junkie and don't repurchase the same things often as I love change but this I will continue to use. Maybe forever :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Jordanelizabethsmith

I absolutely LOVE this facewash! It cleans my skin and isn't too soapy, which makes it easy for it to rinse off. This wash does not contain any sulfate which is harmful to skin. A+