October 21, 2014 | 2059 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Now that the lot of my drugstore mascaras are approaching the 4 month mark, I had to throw all of them down the chute and go out and buy a few more. Y'know, just enabling myself. I went to CVS and since I saw something about Rimmel and long lashes in the latest girlymag, I had to see what they were talking about. Well, I couldn't remember the exact Rimmel mascara, but this promised length so I picked it up.

Anyway, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- very very hard to clump up, buildable for ages
- elongates lashes without any spidery-ness
- feels very comfortable on my lashes, unlike telescopic which does a great job but irritates my contact lenses
- can be layered on top of another mascara
- doesn't smudge onto the bottom of my undereyes creating a panda fashun look

Cons: hideous packaging, wet formula means slight smudging on top lids

I wouldn't say that it elongated as well as telescopic did, but the telescopic also irritated my eyeballs so badly that I couldn't wear unless on occasion. This one is great for every day even though it's not waterproof. I like how I can build on it for ages and it doesn't clump. This is by no means a "volumizing" mascara, but on my sparse lashes it volumizes well enough so that my lashes don't look spidery but still full. I don't think I'll get it again because there are still so many drugstore mascaras to try!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

it didn't work for me because of the formula(too wet) but i give it to my friend and she was totally in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mpapaya

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS MASCARA!
my mom bought it to me from london, and it's definetly one of my holy-grail products.
this mascara adds amazing volume, which is just what i was looking for.
it makes my lashes look false, and everytime i put it on people compliment me and ask me if i put false lashes on.
but the packaging- EWW. light yellow metalic disaster, and people who see me put this mascara on in public think the mascara is yellow or very very cheap, and if i would see is in a store i wouldn't buy it beacuse of the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by prettyLady11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had given up on Rimmel mascaras after a horrid encounter with The Max Volume Flash mascara.One of my friends told me i should try this mascara and since her eyelashes looked quite spectacular, i decided to try it. The price is reasonable and i did like the mascara overall. It lengthens pretty well but i wish it volumized better. Also it claims to make lake lashes appear 80% longer upon first application and i did not find that to be the case. I think i will use another mascara to volumize and then this one to lengthen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After watching a few youtubers rave about this mascara, I figured I'd give it a try. I was looking for a lengthening mascara to layer with my HG volume mascara (Prestige My Biggest Lashes). These two mascaras layered gives the ultimate false lash effect. My lashes don't even look real. Honestly, no need for *my dog just farted ewww* no need for false lashes anymore! Lash Accelerator gives length, amazing separation, definition and no clumps. It doesn't smudge or flake on me which is big because I have oily skin & lids. I find Lash Accelerator to be a dry waxy formula which is my favorite type of formula. I hate wet. Wet = clumps for me. Also, I like dramatic lashes so I always layer multiple coats with my mascara and I can't do that with a wet formula. The brush is okay, I would prefer a traditional thin bristle brush. This mascara comes with one of those trendy plastic bristle brushes. However, this brush isn't as pokey like some out there. Lastly, I love the neon yellow holographic against the black packaging.
My rountine:
1. Apply two coats of Lash Accelerator to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom.
2. Apply three coats of Prestige MBL to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom.
Results: Non-clumpy separated long and thick full lashes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Rakela82

Absolutely love this mascara :)) I've tryed so many from top end mascara to the low end mascara and this mascara will have to be the best .. Love how it lengthens my lashes and separates them .. It is not a volume mascara so for those after volume too what I do is use my heated eyelash curler once it has dryed and you will see a difference .. Please Rimmel do not ever discontinue this product as it is my fav

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

This is a great mascara for defining each and every lash and lengthening noticeably. I like volume too however so I use this, let it dry and use the rimmel volume mascara too. Perfect combination!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by 211999

I bought this mascara because of fleurdeforce a youtube guru!!! It legnths lashes very good but there is better ones it also does not clump. It holds a curl good. Doesnt dry on lashes feeling crunchy or brilltle.:-) I like it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I had high hope for this mascara since my fave beauty guru on YouTube recommend it but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I have short & straight lashes so I always curled my lashes before I apply any mascara. What I like about this mascara is the fact that it gives my lashes definition and it separate my lashes very nice but I hate the wet formulation,it instantly brought down my nicely curled lashes :( I will not repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by katiexcutiekiss

I picked this up in the discount bin at the drugstore for like 3 bucks. Its incredibly clumpy and that's ask i look for in a mascara. Also i think I'm allergic to it because it irritated the heck out of my eyes and i woke up with them stuck shut. Its supposed to make your lashes grow after a while and maybe its Good for that but I'm not putting up with its failures as a mascara in every other way I've got enough lashes as it is