September 22, 2014 | 1192 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

I've been battling oily skin all my life and it has not stopped even into my 40s. The Skin Board recommened Primed & Poreless. I already use Too Faced's powder foundation so I didn't hesitate to try this. I love it. It's HG for oil control. Finally, something that actually works and I don't mean just for an hour or two. Yes, the powder is very, very fine and will billow up, up and away if you aren't careful, but the sifter packaging gives you control over how much you use. I apply this under my Too Faced powder foundation with Too Faced's powder pouf brush. My face isn't left with a white cast. In fact, I can't even see it. It's like magic for my skin. My skin looks good. I think the primer is pricey, but I don't mind pricey if a product works and this product works. I will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Phenyxxfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate powder. I've always hated powder. I hate the way it feels and I hate the way it looks. Every powder I've tried has always made my face look dry and made my fine lines stand out even more. That being said, I absolutely LOVE this product. I was looking for a translucent finishing powder and I couldn't resist the great vintagey packaging. I haven't tried it as a primer yet, but as a finishing veil it is top notch. I didn't care for BE's mineral veil because it made my skin look dull but this has a lovely subtle glow to it. I've been wearing it for 3 days and have no sign of skin irritation. Yes, it billows up some but that's indicative of the lightness that makes this such a fantastic product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this powder because I was such a fan of the primer. While it is at least light enough for my extremely fair skin, the texture is almost too fine. It is so lightweight that it billows up with the slightest breeze and it always makes me sneeze while I'm trying to put it on. Trying is the operative word, because I find it difficult to get enough of it to stay on my skin and not float away. 'Weightless' might be a desirable quality in a foundation, but this powder takes it to the extreme. It is also difficult to get any kind of coverage, and when I say difficult I mean impossible. To be fair, it does create a light finish that gives the illusion of no visible pores, but only if you can get enough of it on. It also works as a final step to set your makeup, so I will be able to use it. I'm also not a fan of the packaging design. Trying to get the powder out is messy and too much of it goes up in the air. I was really expecting more from a sister product to one of my all time favorites. The primer, while definitely not cheap, is worth every penny. Bottom line - rather expensive zero gravity powder that covers pores but nothing else.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by luvkire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My large pores and oily face always trouble me, its like it won't go away no matter what foundation or powder I used. But thanks to Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder, I don't have to fret about this anymore !

The powder works wonders for me, it really reduces the size of my pores and provides a nice matte appearance, with a little brightening effect. The powder is very fine and light-weighted that you don't feel a thing on your face, its like your skin is breathing with make-up on !

I apply this before make up as a primer, and after make up as a finishing veil. It helps my foundation and concealer stays on longer. My concealer usually gets cakey during mid day, but after I started using this, it stays put and lasts longer.

I find it quite expensive in the primer range, and also its quite a bit of waste during application even when I'm using a Kabuki brush to pick it up very slowly. But for all the wonders it brought to me, I can't afford not to give it a 5/5 rating!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this but I don't. I feel like I waste a lot whenever I use it. No matter how little I use it always puffs up when I apply it. I even use the Too Faced brush that goes with it. (That I love!) I'm never sure if I'm using too much or too little. I will continue to use it until it is gone but will then buy a pressed powder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by azgirl58l

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the translucent to finish my makeup. I use a very light dusting and it gives me a pretty finish. SInce I started using it, I have received several compliments about my face having a "sparkle" and being luminous. I have really good skin to begin with - this makes it look even smoother and has a tiny bit of light reflecting material in it that makes your face look pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I put this on beneath and over my foundation and it last a long time not to mention looking flawless. I dont even consider it a powder, it turns into a smoke when applying which goes to show it is high quality. I hate the sifter though, it gets messy really quick. I've always liked too faced so ill buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder ~ it's incredibly lightweight, very finely milled and is magic for my oily skin. I cannot stand to "feel" anything on my face - foundation, sunscreen, powder, etc. This feels like nothing on, yet it mattifies my face and gives a lovely air-brushed finish. I also like the packaging - you can adjust the sifter to distribute just enough product into the lid, then apply with a brush or applicator of your choice.
Another plus - no animal testing :)
This is truly along the lines of HG for me - I will repurchase as long as they make it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product! I like it better than MUFE's hd powder, it left a whitish cast on my face. This powder blends well and sets my makeup. I am not a really oily person, but I do get the usual t-zone shine. This product helps that a lot! The only real downside is the price. It's cheaper than the hd powder but it's still pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by akyky

The powder gives my face a nice finish, but I'm not sure that it does a lot for my pores. You can still see my pores but I guess they're slightly less noticable, but only slightly. I don't think it's worth the money. I know its purpose isn't to mattify skin, but I expect that in my translucent finishing powder and it just doesn't deliver. It's pretty expensive at $28 for .16oz; I feel like Make Up For Ever's HD Powder works just the same as this, but at $15 for .17oz. I wouldn't repurchase either one though, just because I need something to keep the oil at bay and neither one does that. They both don't make my foundation last longer either, which I suspect is because of the oil. They both, however, do an amazing job at providing a flawless finish for up to an hour.

If your skin is dry, normal, or combo, this product might work wonders for you. Maybe when I get older, my oily skin will calm down a bit. When that happens I'm definitely gonna give MUFE's HD powder a second chance, and then TF primed and poreless (just because of the cost difference).