Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder

4.2

Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Tried: LM translucent setting powder, rimmel stay matte, chantecaille loose powder, other finishing powders. I still get oil break through or look shiny after 4 hours, needing to apply more powder :/

I think primed and poreless is amazing. I work at a makeup counter and this product leaves my makeup looking fresh like from the morning. I hate looking shiny or "extra dewy" so this fits the bill perfect.

How I use it: I use foundation first Benefit Hello Flawless liquid in Ivory, then use a puff with Primed and Poreless all over my face, pat pat pat. Finish all the rest of my makeup. Don't use this as a touch up powder, you wont need it, and it'll make you look all white and powdery. Use it to set your makeup and that's it. You'll look beautiful all day!! And until the next morning if you havent washed your face ;)

I experienced no itching, allergies, or reactions.

on 2/29/2012 4:33:00 PM

I tried this in the shop, and it didn't do anything at all for my pores - very disappointing, glad I didn't buy it. I can't understand why it's got such good reviews.

on 1/29/2012 11:29:00 PM

I put this on my face as a primer (just the areas where my pores are visible, not the whole face) then my liquid foundation, then put it on over foundation as a setting powder.
My pores dissappear. It's pretty awesome.

on 1/29/2012 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This powder is great for setting foundation but I agree with the other reviewers here that it is so finely milled it flies in the air even as you put the brush down to it. Definitely not for carrying around in you bag as powder will be everywhere when you unscrew the cap. However, this powder is so effective that I have only had to apply it once and no touch ups were necessary for the rest of the day. My t-zone can get shiney and this powder keeps me matte with a very natural finish (no powdery/white cast).

on 1/19/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product does a nice job of setting my foundation and controlling shine. I do not like it as a primer, though. It really did nothing for me. It can be a bit messy, as the powder is very finely milled so it gets everywhere during appliation. I think this is just okay and I will probably search for a new setting powder once I've finished this one.

on 1/2/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I would buy this powder again, simply because there are so many really good setting powders out there and I've got 3 or 4 of them. Having said that, Primed and Poreless does a beautiful job of setting foundation and leaving your skin looking flawless and really poreless without looking artificially powdery. I also really like it for setting my under-eye concealer. I do find, however, that it sort of flies and fluffs everywhere when I'm applying it, no matter what brush or puff I use.

on 12/30/2011 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been battling oily skin all my life and it has not stopped even into my 40s. The Skin Board recommened Primed & Poreless. I already use Too Faced's powder foundation so I didn't hesitate to try this. I love it. It's HG for oil control. Finally, something that actually works and I don't mean just for an hour or two. Yes, the powder is very, very fine and will billow up, up and away if you aren't careful, but the sifter packaging gives you control over how much you use. I apply this under my Too Faced powder foundation with Too Faced's powder pouf brush. My face isn't left with a white cast. In fact, I can't even see it. It's like magic for my skin. My skin looks good. I think the primer is pricey, but I don't mind pricey if a product works and this product works. I will continue to buy.

on 12/23/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I hate powder. I've always hated powder. I hate the way it feels and I hate the way it looks. Every powder I've tried has always made my face look dry and made my fine lines stand out even more. That being said, I absolutely LOVE this product. I was looking for a translucent finishing powder and I couldn't resist the great vintagey packaging. I haven't tried it as a primer yet, but as a finishing veil it is top notch. I didn't care for BE's mineral veil because it made my skin look dull but this has a lovely subtle glow to it. I've been wearing it for 3 days and have no sign of skin irritation. Yes, it billows up some but that's indicative of the lightness that makes this such a fantastic product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this powder because I was such a fan of the primer. While it is at least light enough for my extremely fair skin, the texture is almost too fine. It is so lightweight that it billows up with the slightest breeze and it always makes me sneeze while I'm trying to put it on. Trying is the operative word, because I find it difficult to get enough of it to stay on my skin and not float away. 'Weightless' might be a desirable quality in a foundation, but this powder takes it to the extreme. It is also difficult to get any kind of coverage, and when I say difficult I mean impossible. To be fair, it does create a light finish that gives the illusion of no visible pores, but only if you can get enough of it on. It also works as a final step to set your makeup, so I will be able to use it. I'm also not a fan of the packaging design. Trying to get the powder out is messy and too much of it goes up in the air. I was really expecting more from a sister product to one of my all time favorites. The primer, while definitely not cheap, is worth every penny. Bottom line - rather expensive zero gravity powder that covers pores but nothing else.

on 9/17/2011 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My large pores and oily face always trouble me, its like it won't go away no matter what foundation or powder I used. But thanks to Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder, I don't have to fret about this anymore !

The powder works wonders for me, it really reduces the size of my pores and provides a nice matte appearance, with a little brightening effect. The powder is very fine and light-weighted that you don't feel a thing on your face, its like your skin is breathing with make-up on !

I apply this before make up as a primer, and after make up as a finishing veil. It helps my foundation and concealer stays on longer. My concealer usually gets cakey during mid day, but after I started using this, it stays put and lasts longer.

I find it quite expensive in the primer range, and also its quite a bit of waste during application even when I'm using a Kabuki brush to pick it up very slowly. But for all the wonders it brought to me, I can't afford not to give it a 5/5 rating!

Popular Primer/ Correctors