April 20, 2014 | 982 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by crolik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm not really sure how everyone else is using this and getting good results. I has to return it.
First, it seemed as if my pores were more visible (the powder sunk in), I inhaled some powder and it left my face with a different skin tone. I really didn't want to deal with this, a primer should not be this difficult to use. ):

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get so many compliments when I use this. I usually put on my mac studio fix fluid and use this as my finishing powder and it gives me a flawless airbrushed look! I love how it's not drying on me and I like how it doesn't feel heavy at all! I just use a kabuki brush to apply it. I have been using it for about 6 months now and I still have a good amount of product left!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great powder for oily skin, however perhaps people with dry skin should be careful, its main ingredient is silica which can be very drying. It does indeed blur pores a bit (and I have huge ones so I can vouch for this). I am giving four lippies though because it can leave a white cast.
UPDATE: Bumped this down to three lippies, I want to be able to layer this stuff to get more of the blur my pores effect, but I can't because I end up with a white cast and to much of this stuff leaves my face feeling irritated/dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jezebeljunk

I was looking for a finishing powder that was both matte and colorless. This powder is exactly that and works effectively.

Pros:
-Cruelty free
-I LOVE the packaging, which reminds me of what I imagine 1960s/1970s makeup packaging to look like.
-The product comes out of the container in a very controllable manner with a slider over a Bare-Minerals-reminiscent perforated plastic divider.
-Provides matte coverage and sets my makeup well.
-Odorless
-I also use it under my eye to catch fall out and then brush it away when I'm done with my eyes.

Cons
Hmmmm......I can't really think of any. Perhaps this goes without saying, as makeup is designed for skin and not the respiratory tract, but it isn't pleasant to inhale.

Love the product. It's a great staple in my make-up collection. Good product for a beginner as you really can't mess is it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I work in a retail location that carries this powder. I got it as gratis when it first came out, but had no plans to use it as anything other than a catching powder beneath my eyes when I'm doing a strong shadow. At first I was very skeptical because loose powders have a tendency to make me ashen and itchy. Our past summer was extra hot and humid, and none of my usual primers were stopping the melt. Out of desperation, I slapped this on top and kept it moving. A fee hours later, I was GLOWING and my face was still perfect. A quick feel revealed that my face felt silky. A few days of the powder on top showed no signs of irritation, just gorgeousness. I also tried it as a primer. It made foundation application a bit sticky, but the staying power is nuts. I still use it everyday!

The powder has a soft lemony tone that brightens, and the omission of talc makes me squeal with delight.

At work, I use it on anyone looking for a flawless finish.

Def a HG powder for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by KieuNguyen

**Pros: Super-smooth powder makes the skin feel flawless, unlike any other powder out there
**Cons: Within an hour, it gave my skin dry patches; irritated my cheeks
I really amazed myself with this at the store because it made my skin on my hand feel super silky-smooth; it is a completely unique formula! However, I bought it and applied it to my face, and within an hour, I had dry, itchy patches on my cheeks. It may not be the best buy for those with sensitive skin. It has a similar priming effect to the Bare Escentuals Prime Time, except the BE Prime Time doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by djxt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hides pores amazingly well. Was very pleased with this purchase... Makes my face super soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm looking for something that can compare to my favorite setting powder (MUFE's HD powder). The other day I went to Sephora and asked for a sample of this powder. I tried it today over Givenchy's Photo'Perfection fdt. So far, so very good. I put it on at about 10 am. It's now 3:47pm and my skin still looks good. My T-zone is getting slightly shiny, but nothing hideous. And I didn't use much, either. The sample was a bit small. I'll keep you posted.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smashbox Photofinish Primer + Mac Studio Fix + Primed and Poreless powder = fabulous skin! I've felt insecure about my large pores for as long as I can remember and I'm only 23 (years of acne too :/) but this stuff is remarkable. I'm pretty fair skinned and the powder is very light, so I feel like it works best on those of us with paler tones. I have been using for about one month and I couldn't be happier, I don't even mind paying a little extra because I think it is that great of a product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by pywacket

I work at a Macy's Impulse shop and Too Faced is one of my favorite brands. I adore this powder and I am trying to get my cohorts on board. The problem is non-oily people don't really understand how hard it is to keep our makeup on. I am 46 and STILL OILY AS ALL GET OUT!. When we went through training for all of our lines, they gave us this product, as well as a thousand other primers, Smashbox (OK), Laura Geller (which I like quite well, but not like this), Stila, Urban Decay, I could go on.

This product is different. If you are truly oily, it will hide your pores and make your oil disappear before it is even an issue. It is a fabulous product.

Note to those who are really interested in using it:

If you are using it as a primer before a powder foundation, just apply with a puff, paying particular attention to the oily areas.

If you are using it over a liquid foundation, be aware that it has an unusual texture and other products don't show up as much as they would otherwise.

In my experience, it works best as a primer underneath another powder.

It's fabulous and life-changing for that if you are truly oily! Good luck!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No