November 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by DanielleKassing

I wanted to love this so badly. And I do love it for everything that it is. To start, the packaging is great, it has a pump so it's easy and sanitary. NW20 was a good color for me at the time. I personally loved the formula. Yes it dried extremely quickly, and if you're not use to a long wearing foundation it does take some time to get use to a proper application. But once you get that down then it's good. It definitely can attach to dry patches, but moisturizer and primer help with this. It's normal for a long wearing foundation to do that. The coverage is amazing. Truly. I have problem skin, scars, redness, dry, AND oily skin. The foundation alone is perfect coverage for me, but I had to use a powder for the oiliness in my skin. Once I set it, it literally lasted me all day. My true test is always when I wear it to work. I can wear a foundation all day on a weekend and it last, and then wear it to work and it is gone in 2hrs. This did not do that. When I went home at night I felt it looked just as good as when I applied it. And that's rare for me. Not even EL Doublewear does that for me. Removing can be difficult, but use makeup wipes and it's easy. BUT, the issues I had with it on MY skin... It itched like CRAZY!! Omg I thought I was going to peel my skin off lol. I tried this for about 4wks and everyday was miserable. Idk if it was an allergy, or if it's because it's so "tight" on the face. But it was bad. I don't have allergies to any other MAC or any other makeup in general. I continued to wear it because I loved the way it looked and worked so much. By about the 3rd week my face broke out horribly. And I have problems skin so I am use to breakouts, but not like this. It was all over and in areas I never have broken out before. I even broke out in the undereye area which I've never had happen, ever. I continued use in hopes that it would go away and my skin would calm down. But by the end of the 4th week my skin was so itchy and so horribly broken out, I had to stop use. Within a week of going back to Doublewear, my skin had cleared up. So I knew it was the makeup. I was so sad to have to return this. The price is amazing compared to other highend products. And obviously I loved the foundation itself. I really hope that it works for others and you don't go through what I did. Because it really is a great product for what it's meant to do. And it really does do what it claims. So good luck with it, I really wanted this to work :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I have been using this product daily for nearly a year. I have combination skin (very dry skin and an oily t-zone) and this foundation stays on nearly all day though sometimes I need to touch up with a blotting powder. It does not last quite the promised 15 hours on me, it usually lasts about 10. This product has excellent coverage and I use the matching concealer to hide any particularly dark spots.This product does not break me out, though the majority of my acne is hormonal. I have tried other high end brands (Chanel, Laura Mercier, Lancome, Bobbi Brown) but none can match this foundation in quality or price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by peggytsui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying the prolong wear concealer and loving it, I decided to give this one a go, and I was not disappointed. Since it's summer, and really hot and humid in Hong Kong, I thought that I really needed something that will last all day. This claims to last 15 hours, and it really does. I went cycling on a scorching hot day, sweat literally dripped down my face for hours, I was afraid to go check in the mirror, but when I finally did, I was so pleasantly surprised. My makeup was exactly the way it was, before the cycling. I highly recommend this if you're looking for something longwearing. However, if you have dry patches, I wouldn't recommend it, I had dried patches on my noes for a couple days, and it clinged to them. Also, you have to work quite quickly with this foundation, or else it will set, and will not budge. I am in the shade NC25, it's a tad too dark, but it will be ok for summer I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jelainexo

I've repurchased this foundation over, &' over again. Though, i've never used this product alone, it's still one of my favorite liquid foundations. My shades are NC25 | NC30. If you have tried this, you'll know what i mean by it's a bit thick :| &' doesn't give me that " Glow " that i like >;P During colder season's my skin tends to get dry, and the foundation will definitely accentuate your dry spots. So prepping your face before hand is crucial. To help solve that issue, i like to mix it with foundations that give a dewy finish. This way, warm weather or not you'll still have that " Glow ". I've mixed this with Make Up Forever HD Foundation [120|127] , Maybelline Fit Me [210] , &' Marc Jacob's Genius Gel [42] Foundation. I have redness on my cheeks and have hormonal acne here and there. I don't use any concealer aside from hiding my under eye circles so, i mainly rely on my foundation to correct my imperfections. The coverage is great, I lean towards having more of a flawless complexion than a natural look. The longevity is good as well. I can apply this in the morning, and come home usually around midnight and my foundation still looks great. I don't have the time or patience to blot, or touch up my face, so it's important that my foundation holds up throughout the day, &' that it doesn't slip and slide or make me look like i've sprayed Pam's baking spray all over my face :| The price, well its a bit more than your usual drugstore foundation yet, less than some of the high end foundations. Just right in the middle, which isn't bad since it takes me a while to get through a bottle since i do mix my foundations. Thumbs up with packaging, mainly because i like foundations that come with a pump. Makes everything just easier and less messy! With that being said, i'll probably continue to repurchase this until i find another routine that i like. For now, I'm a satisfied happy customer ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by shaunan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my skin has a yellow undertone to it, and this is the only foundation that has ever given me the perfect shade. i use nw 45 and it always looks pretty. one problem, it transfers like crazy, regardless if you use a setting spray and powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by nena72879

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THE BEST. Perfect for my acne prone, yellow under toned skin. The closest to budge-proof, sweat proof make up there is. Doesn't crease into your wrinkles like other foundations and powders. Coverage is great and layerable. Awesome for hot summer days and for people who practice hot yoga like me! I use NC40 during the winter and spring, NC42 for summer into fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My daily foundation. Been using this for the past 3 years and It stays for hours and doesn't break out. It gives a very nice semi-dewy finish when used with a damp beauty blender. My only grip is the shade. Im in between NC25 and NC30. NC25 looks white on me. NC30 oxidizes to an orangey tone.

Update: I have yet to come across another liquid foundation that can withstand humidity and sweat as good as prolongwear foundation. This is truly long lasting!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a foundation addict, I have justified my continued research and purchase of foundations on the basis that I have yet to find my HG. The truth is less glamorous. Aging has forced me to accept that certain foundations no longer work for me and my aging skin.
I happily and effortlessly relied on Estee Lauder Double wear (fresco) from my mid twenties to my late thirties to provide consistent good coverage and even-skin daily wear.
Towards my late thirties I started to notice that my tried and tested foundation seemed to have a grey tinge once applied and seemed to be rather flat looking on my skin. Since I did not wish for a corpse-like "look", it was time to make a change. Subsequently I did learn that EL did in fact change the formula of double wear and tinkered with the colour fresco introducing more pink. Incidentally too much pink in foundations can appear greyish on yellow undertone skins.
For reference, I am a nc 20, light olive neutral skin toned aging gal of 43 with real skin and aging challenges such as light melasma splotches on my forhead and sides of my face, tiny lines under my eyes and horizontal expression lines on my forhead. My skin type is normal and I have very fine textured skin with no large pores.
My foundation requirements are:
1) Provide moderate and reasonable coverage of uneven skin tone,
2)Good colour tone matching my own skin,
3)Natural finish that does not look cakey or accentuate lines

I have tried my fair share of high end (Dior, Clarins, Chanel) and low end (revlon, loreal, covergirl, rimmel) foundations and in respect of all one or all of my requirements have not been met. One of the biggest challenges with aging skin is definitely skin tone. I have found my skin has lost its natural lustre and can look dull or sallow. A lot of the foundations I tried have been awful in terms of colour.

Now, I have stumbled on what could possibly attain HG status for me. Prolongwear. I was given a sample pot at Mac when purchasing lipstick and have been unexpectedly delighted with the result. Nc 20 could possibly be the best colour I have ever tried (better than Studio fix) and genuinely melts into my skin for a seamless finish we all strive for without the dreaded jaw line division of colour and without the need to blend blend blend down the neck...

The finish is simply beautiful. Natural yet still polished and flawless. No accentuating those fine lines. They are still there, but prolongwear is friends with them rather than exposing them. Wear time is extraordinary. No need for powder "to set" it and in fact the longer you wear it, the more satin the appearances.

Definitely HG for me... Young Gals and us more mature ladies alike, this will work for both. Give it a bash. Mac is very generous with their samples. It is worth trying.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Ashleydefreitassssss

In love. Amazing coverage and smells great! Long lasting and heard nicki minaj ever wears it - even better

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lisaturk1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this foundation to work, but unfortunately it did not deliver the results I had hoped for. After being color matched, it was decided that I would be an NW25. The color looked perfect in the mirror in the store, but the salesgirl also applied it over my current foundation, Almay Line Smoothing Liquid Makeup in Neutral 220. When I applied my new MAC foundation the next morning, it looked really orange in the bottle but I blended it with a foundation brush and was out the door. On my drive to work, all I could see was an orange mask on my face that I could not wait to wipe off with a tissue! I will definitely be returning this. Not only is it the wrong shade, but it made my face feel tight and itchy. I will continue my search for a new higher end foundation!