October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by nena72879

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THE BEST. Perfect for my acne prone, yellow under toned skin. The closest to budge-proof, sweat proof make up there is. Doesn't crease into your wrinkles like other foundations and powders. Coverage is great and layerable. Awesome for hot summer days and for people who practice hot yoga like me! I use NC40 during the winter and spring, NC42 for summer into fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by unoeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My daily foundation. Been using this for the past 3 years and It stays for hours and doesn't break out. It gives a very nice semi-dewy finish when used with a damp beauty blender. My only grip is the shade. Im in between NC25 and NC30. NC25 looks white on me. NC30 oxidizes to an orangey tone.

Update: I have yet to come across another liquid foundation that can withstand humidity and sweat as good as prolongwear foundation. This is truly long lasting!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a foundation addict, I have justified my continued research and purchase of foundations on the basis that I have yet to find my HG. The truth is less glamorous. Aging has forced me to accept that certain foundations no longer work for me and my aging skin.
I happily and effortlessly relied on Estee Lauder Double wear (fresco) from my mid twenties to my late thirties to provide consistent good coverage and even-skin daily wear.
Towards my late thirties I started to notice that my tried and tested foundation seemed to have a grey tinge once applied and seemed to be rather flat looking on my skin. Since I did not wish for a corpse-like "look", it was time to make a change. Subsequently I did learn that EL did in fact change the formula of double wear and tinkered with the colour fresco introducing more pink. Incidentally too much pink in foundations can appear greyish on yellow undertone skins.
For reference, I am a nc 20, light olive neutral skin toned aging gal of 43 with real skin and aging challenges such as light melasma splotches on my forhead and sides of my face, tiny lines under my eyes and horizontal expression lines on my forhead. My skin type is normal and I have very fine textured skin with no large pores.
My foundation requirements are:
1) Provide moderate and reasonable coverage of uneven skin tone,
2)Good colour tone matching my own skin,
3)Natural finish that does not look cakey or accentuate lines

I have tried my fair share of high end (Dior, Clarins, Chanel) and low end (revlon, loreal, covergirl, rimmel) foundations and in respect of all one or all of my requirements have not been met. One of the biggest challenges with aging skin is definitely skin tone. I have found my skin has lost its natural lustre and can look dull or sallow. A lot of the foundations I tried have been awful in terms of colour.

Now, I have stumbled on what could possibly attain HG status for me. Prolongwear. I was given a sample pot at Mac when purchasing lipstick and have been unexpectedly delighted with the result. Nc 20 could possibly be the best colour I have ever tried (better than Studio fix) and genuinely melts into my skin for a seamless finish we all strive for without the dreaded jaw line division of colour and without the need to blend blend blend down the neck...

The finish is simply beautiful. Natural yet still polished and flawless. No accentuating those fine lines. They are still there, but prolongwear is friends with them rather than exposing them. Wear time is extraordinary. No need for powder "to set" it and in fact the longer you wear it, the more satin the appearances.

Definitely HG for me... Young Gals and us more mature ladies alike, this will work for both. Give it a bash. Mac is very generous with their samples. It is worth trying.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Ashleydefreitassssss

In love. Amazing coverage and smells great! Long lasting and heard nicki minaj ever wears it - even better

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lisaturk1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this foundation to work, but unfortunately it did not deliver the results I had hoped for. After being color matched, it was decided that I would be an NW25. The color looked perfect in the mirror in the store, but the salesgirl also applied it over my current foundation, Almay Line Smoothing Liquid Makeup in Neutral 220. When I applied my new MAC foundation the next morning, it looked really orange in the bottle but I blended it with a foundation brush and was out the door. On my drive to work, all I could see was an orange mask on my face that I could not wait to wipe off with a tissue! I will definitely be returning this. Not only is it the wrong shade, but it made my face feel tight and itchy. I will continue my search for a new higher end foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lolo0310

This Crap made my skin break out like crazy!!!!!!!! I'm sticking to Clinique'.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by nataliad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the shade NC40.

Application: Can be tricky - it dries too fast for fingers, and a sponge soaks up too much product. After trying many different brushes, I have found that the Ecotools buffing brush gives the best and most natural looking coverage. I use two pumps (on the back of my hand) and then dot it over an area of face, blend out with brush, and then move on to next area. It dries fairly fast, and if you do not have super oily skin you do not need to set it with a powder.

Coverage: It is a medium coverage, long-lasting foundation with a matte-satin finish. I would compare coverage to the Revlon Colorstay, but not as good as the Estee Lauder Double Wear. I have been told this is "buildable" coverage, but I can't see that happening without it looking cakey. I can still see some of my acne scars through one layer of this, and so I use my Estee Lauder concealer over the top on days when I want a full coverage.

Performance: It is fairly long lasting (maximum I have worn it for is 12 hours), but I still find that I can get a bit oily around my nose/T-zone after a few hours. It is also not a pain to remove at the end of the day either, and I can't say it has broken me out thus far (3 weeks).

Shade Match: The actual shade match is probably the best I've ever had out of all the foundations I've ever tried, but this is down to having a good sales consultant. What I do not like however, is that not all of the concealers come in all of the foundation shades.

Price & Packaging: Price was steep, but normal for NZ standards ($70), and while the packaging is good (it comes with a pump, unlike Studio Fix Fluid) I don't like the fact that the nozzle is exposed. But that is just me being picky.

OVERALL: Good medium coverage foundation, fairly long lasting foundation. Pricey, but would buy again just for the shade match and lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Nc15 matches me perfectly. At first glance in the bottle it looks way too yellow bu t when it sets it's great. I use my beauty blender and I look airbrushed! I've been going through a foundation phase where I was trying different ones daily and when I was at work I'd see myself in mirror (I'm a hair dresser) and this one continues to impress me. No break down, great finish. I do use a primer and powder, but still this is my HG! I will continue to purchase. Fyi this nc15 is slightly darker than studio sculpt and studio fix fluid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by emileesays

So first things first, after reading reviews I saw that they were all over the board with its suitability for dry skin, oily skin, combination skin etc. I'm not sure why but when you go into Mac you'll see that only some of the prolong wear liquids have SPF, while others don't. So if you had trouble with oil control and staying power with this product it might be for that reason. I would try one without the SPF. (I have combination skin and have no problem with oil control with this)
My experience with this foundation, it is the best I have ever found because...
-It is the PERFECT shade match for me. I use NC25, and I really like the yellow undertones. I can also wear this color in the winter when I am pale, and easily in the summer by just adjusting with some bronzer. It's so versatile
-The coverage is perfect and natural. By natural I don't mean that it is sheer, but rather makes you look like your skin is naturally flawless
-Staying power is amaze!
-Never causes breakouts

I have used Mac studio fix and this is definitely much lighter feeling and less matte, but very comparable coverage wise.
I apply by pumping directly onto my Tarte Kabuki foundation brush and working in sections. I follow with GloMinerals Redness Relief powder or Mac Careblend. It takes a little longer to completely dry/set so I would recommend waiting 10-15 min before applying the powder/bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by litllemakeuplover

This stuff is great! I really does wear for a long time like it claims. When I first got this I freaked out a little because I'm NC15 so I got it in NC15 and it looked kind of orange for some reason. I put it on thought and you couldn't even tell though, it matched perfectly. My skin has a tendency to go a little oily as the day goes on but this foundation stays fairly matte through it all. I think that this foundation is medium coverage, not full coverage like some claim it is. Oddly enough, it doesn't transfer--like at all. That's something I had a problem with when I used Revlon Colorstay and Covergirl Outlast, I would get oily and the foundation would wear off in certain spots. I probably use a blot sheet one or two times tops throughout the day when using this. The key to applying this foundation is working quickly in sections. Don't dot it all over your face at once. I also love the fact that there is a pump!

Only downsides to this is that you can feel this foundation sitting on top of your skin when you are wearing it.