August 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Full coverage
-Easily blended
-No harsh scent
-Sets to a satin-matte finish
-Lasts forever on the face without touch-ups
-Pump top lid was very sanitary

CONS:
-Made my acne-prone skin go crazy and breakout
-Price

BOTTOM LINE:
Would not repurchase simply because of the skin reaction I had. I had gotten to the point where my acne-prone skin was actually very calm, mostly even-toned, and minimal breakouts (we’re talking a tiny pimple here or there). I used this product for three days in a row with the same primer I always use (Make Up Forever HD Primer, the original) and the same setting powder (MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural) and thought, “I’m in the clear. No breakouts and this looks fabulous!” Then day four hit and my skin was broken out like crazy. I had taken Accutane two years back and the breakouts I had from this product were comparable in severity. If you are acne-prone, consider getting something more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ShiMakeup

The most wonderful foundation I have tried. I have not one foundation that I have loooved..and this is the first one. The first one to really control my oil and I'm not the oiliest person to exist. Keeps all makeup on top looking fresh and smooth. Doesn't seperate. Covers well. Light -medium but buildable. Stays on all day. Looks fresh all day for the most part. I've been wearing it for a couple weeks and 2 nights ago I started experiencing a breakout so I'm not sure if it's from this but I hope not because I want to use this FOREVER. Pricey for the size but the pump only pumps a bit out so you don't overuse the product. Yummy stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by fatima1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I have a VERY oily skin and it keeps matte for a long time! It also really is a LONGWEAR ! i wear it at 6am and stays on until 6pm! the only complain i have is the coverage .. other than that its amazing and would buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only foundation from MAC that doesn't break my skin out ( in acne or bumps). However I dislike it because the coverage is poor- sheer to medium at the very best. It does not cover blemishes, and it just barely evens out my skin tone. It also makes me look like a greaseball in two hours, so there is no oil control whatsoever. And if that's not bad enough, it gets cakey through the day and separates so my face looks blotchy and gross. I've tried to find better coverage - Estée Lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay- both had awesome coverage and lasting power, but both causes bumps, blackheads and pimples. I'm beginning to doubt if there is such thing as a long wearing, full coverage, non- acnegenic foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do love the studio fix fluid but this is lovely :-)

I would say that this is better at oil control and longer lasting. Plus the finish is not as matte as the studio fix fluid. It is very blendable and buildable and i would say it provides medium to full coverage rather than sheer to medium.

I am currently using the real techniques complexion sponge to apply this and it works a treat but i have previuosly used a stippling brush (again real techniques) and the coverage was great with that too.

The only negative i have found with the pro longwear is hat the colours do run slightly darker compared to studio fix fluid. At the moment i am NC30 in studio fix fluid but with the pro longwear i am NC35! Saying that i do really like the oil control, coverage and blendability (you also get a bit of a glow which i personally love) but i can't say that this will replace my studio fix fluid as that is a foundation that never fails me come rain, shine, heat etc!!! x

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Jennypye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it doesn't fully cover my blemishes, and if I layer it on more, it would clog my pores and I would break out. I find myself often never reaching for this foundation in the morning for an everyday look, because I find it can be too cakey. I often reach for the beautifully matte foundation by No7, this is probably my go-to foundation.
Another problem I had with this foundation is mac does not stay true to their colours, I bought NC30 for both pro long wear and studio fix fluid thinking it would be the same colour. I was very naive in thinking that, when I applied the pro long wear and it was twice as yellow as studio fix fluid. I had to exchange it for NC25 and was more happy with this colour, I like that the consistency is silky but that just mean I have to apply more?
Overall this foundation does stay on for the whole day or whole night if you go out, it has become my 'special occasion foundation' but I don't think I would buy this foundation again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

ok I hate this. I actually HATE it. Hard to blend, strange clown like colours, paint like texture....it just sits like a yellow blob on the skin. I believe it lasts long, but the way ur skin looks in it is just gross. Rubbish....Bin it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by bronyaleavesley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lovely foundation!! Absolutely amazing coverage and matte finish. Makes skin look flawless. However the high coverage makes it a bit harsh for during the day. Slight problem with exaggerating pores but this can be stopped by using a good primer!! With NC15 skin this foundation is slightly dark but still lovely!! Would buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by roisindoherty99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I heard amazing reviews about this.
When i was on London a while back i went to buy it.
I'm NC15 in Mac Mineralise Moisture SPF 15 Foundation, and i said to myself "Sure NC15 must be the same colour in all the foundations" .
Turns out it's not, it's much darker in Pro Long wear, I was raging when i went to put it on!..... It's a great foundation and i only use it for when I have Fake tan on. Its so much darker than the normal NC15 dose anyone know why?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by sannakim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this foundation to be for special occasions only. It does not look natrual no matter how you apply it, and it does not photograph well. It last a long time, and does not slip and slipe around my face. You have to be careful, cause it can look cakey. Also what I don't understand is why the pro longwear foundations are so orange? But anyway, it stays put for a long time, so I'll give it some stars for that!