December 22, 2014 | 1623 users online

Mascara - Essence - Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Iriana74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed by this product. I was looking for a clear mascara and the lady working in the store recommended me this one. I was surprised and excited by the fact that it was really cheap.
When I got home, I realised that it didn't do anything on my lashes. I curled them and then applied the mascara, but the curl didn't resist for a very long time.
So I used the gel on my brows. Still, didn't like the texture that it gave me. And it takes forever to get dry.

I don't like this product. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Super cheap and effective, have gone through lots of these in the past 3 years since I discovered it. I only use it for brows, it is pretty much useless for lashes. It does not leave the brows crunchy or sticky, has no smell and is overall a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by PulolthicPat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for something to keep my brows in place (not that it goes all craycray and stuff but...i wanted a tidy look) while making them a tad bit darker. This does the job very well! Just one coat keeps my eyebrows in place and it makes my eyebrows become more visible (I have light eyebrows and i don't like to use eyebrow pencils because they make my brows way too dark). I curl my lashes and apply this on my lashes as well and it kept my eye lashes curled all day. Some cons would be that it makes me itch my eyes at times and the gel takes a while to dry. Despite that fact, I would gladly repurchase because it is so affordable!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Lilil95

This brow gel just wipe my eyebrow color off and makes my eyebrows crunchy, shiny, and clumpy. I'm not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic setting gel for the brows, absolutely useless on the lashes however. Keeps my brow hairs in place all day long even with my long hair down. Unbeatable price tag and would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Knocking my rating down to a 3. The cap has now broken off of at least 3 of these, making them unusable. It's very frustrating and a waste of money. The product is good but the packaging sucks. Blah.

I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of this gem, with my next one already purchased and ready to go once it's finished. I was previously using E.L.F. Brow Mascara and thought that was the greatest thing ever, but this one by Essence definitely takes first prize. I'm spending about two dollars more on Essence than on E.L.F., but it's still only $2.99 or something. It keeps my brows in place all day without any stickiness or flaking. That's pretty much all I want in a brow gel, and Essence delivers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

Before this I was just using a spray gel from herbal essences & a brow spoolie, which didn't really keeps brows in place at all. This was only $2.99 & works great. At first I noticed it was quite wet, but I think I was using too much because I haven't had that problem since. Keeps my brows in place and I haven't noticed any flaking. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by BeautyGirl352

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product from Priceline now and tried it.
Have to say it works amazing and super super cheap!
For a while I was using Benefit Brow's "Speed Brow" to keep my eyebrows in shape.... and this product does the exact same thing.
For all the people who said it was "wet" maybe you are using to much! Would recommend this product and buy again!

I did review on this product:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by andraealynne

I've gone through two tubes of this clear mascara now and really love it. I use it to set my brows after powdering them. While it's not a super tacky, hairspray-like hold, it keeps all my brow hairs in place. Doesn't flake, it's totally transparent, and is very inexpensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have used this product only to set brows.

Pros:
- Non flaky
- Doesn't make eyebrows feel crispy
- Odorless
- The packaging is not bad
- Cheap

Cons:
- I don't think it keeps brows in place all day
- Feels somewhat wet

I don't have thick or unruly eyebrows so I think I'll repurchase.