Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation #3

3.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hated this mineral foundation. This foundation made my scars look ashy and more visible. It had this pearl like effect to it that I also didn't like. It also isn't the best foundation for darker skinned women because of the lack of colors. Numerous cheaper brands, such as Everyday Minerals and Maybelline Mineral Power are so much better. However, if you haven. near perfect skin, I'm sure this foundation would look nice on you. I have no idea why there's so much hype about this product and its "magical abilities." The brushes that came with this product are a different story though, some of the best brushes I've ever used. Anyways, I won't be buying this foundation again.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Having discovered BE minerals i have taken great pleasure in throwing out about 25 old foundations from companies across the board from Maybelline, Loreal, Clinique,Stila, Revlon, Bourjois, Lauder, Benefit - you name it I have tried it and nothing has given me what i need unitl now. I have extreme combination skin with acne rosacea, thread veins and open pores - problems, I got 'em -and I have never found a foundation that gives enough coverage and lasts all day - but the BE minerals are fantastic! Great colour on my pale skin, perfect cover that does not float away or go patchy and with all this i look like i am wearing less makeup than before and my mascara does not smear because it's not interacting with greasy foundation. I am in LOVE!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

#1 HG foundation for me for the last 5 years. I am always getting compliments on my great skin. Love most of BE products as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I left a review on the Bare Minerals #2, but feel that I need to leave it here so that others looking for an honest review can find it, no matter what their skin tone is.

After using Bare Minerals products for over 4 years with no complaints, I am sad to say that I will never use it again. My flawless skin has been mysteriously breaking out for the past 5 months. At first, I thought it was an allergy or some kind of detox, but then I noticed that every time I would wear Bare Minerals, I would break out the next day. The breakouts slowly developed into cystic acne on my cheeks and chin.

I stopped using Bare Minerals last month and the acne went away, completely. Then I decided to put it on yesterday to test it again. BIG MISTAKE. I washed my face before bed as usual and I woke up this morning with the worst skin - acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. I'm using tea tree oil, a special acid cleanser and three topical creams to get my skin back to it's original state.

Bare Minerals will destroy your skin. :(

I really enjoyed this product since it doesn't make me look made up. It can be very sheer when applied with a light hand, but I found that it doesn't cover all my blemishes unless I do a major cake on with it, which is something I don't really like to do. The best part about this is that it doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing the product on my face. I'm so used to using this product which is probably why I'll buy it again. Although, I slept in it one day and woke up to tiny little cystic acne around my mouth. So apparently, it doesn't live up to it's name of "So bare you could sleep in it." I just wish they made something that wouldn't be so messy to travel with. I gave this product 4 lippies since I believe that it is a good product but it doesn't live up to it's slogan.

Bare Minerals in Light is a wonderful foundation. It covers imperfections and stays on all day. I suggest following up with mineral veil for the total flawless look.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this due to the raves & hyped up ad on Sephora. I bought a lot of foundation throughout the years, none disappointed me as much as this product. I don't breakout/acne, my most concern is to even out my medium olive skin tone. I have 2.3 and 3.0, they are all too pink, but the worst part is the shine!! They recommended buffing is the essential part, not more powder for coverage, but more buffing. I was in a rush one day, & tended to be a little heavy handed plus that day was a quite hot. I just put it on without checking under different lights. When I arrived at my destination & looked in the mirror, OMG, my face was like the tin man in Wizard of Oz !!! All their blush are just as shiny as their foundation. I am glad it works for other people, but for me, will never re-purchase.

I had a reaction to BE loose foundation; In the SE it is hot and humid so I was looking for something good for T-Zone skin but the itch and irritation felt like fine needles. Unfortunately the humidity just made it worse and when I started to perspire on my forehead I could not take it anymore. I ran to wash off my BE make-up. My skin was red and irritated for a couple of days later. I ended up going to the doctor b/c Pur Mineral pressed also irritated my skin. The Derm told me it was the Bismuth Oxychloride and he had quite a few patients with the same reaction.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This only works on certain skin types. The foundation drys my skin out .It covers alright but very chalky,even with moisturizer on.I'll stick with my liquid foundation.

This is by far my favorite MMU that I have tried. The medium color matches me perfectly. I have been using this for years and have tried numerous brands od MMU but none give me the look of this. I think the other brands make me look chalky. This leaves me glowing and doesn't feel as though I am wearing MU. I have repurchased this multiple times and will continue to do so.