July 24, 2014 | 1964 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is so great!!! It has ended my search for an under eye concealer. Provides quick, full but believable coverage. Never masky looking. The pump takes some finessing, but this liquid is so versatile I never have trouble using up the amount dispensed. I use just a dab, not even a pea sized amount maybe half a pea - it does under both eyes with left over to mix with moisturizer for the rest of my face, or cover any redness or spots, mix with foundation for full coverage - whatever my face needs that day.

Only $19 & I can use it all over my face as opposed to the $15-30 for under eye specific concealers (tried Maybelline, NYX, NARS, Laura Mercier, Benefit & IT). Fabulous, matte coverage that somehow doesn't accent dry spot & last all day. Possible HG here...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

As per usual, I'm very late on the MAC bandwagon and have known about this concealer for a long while and have only just got round to buying it. Partly because there's no MAC counter near me (boohoo), and partly because I have loved my Benefit concealers (Boing and Erase Paste) for the best part of a year and have had no desire to change (I'm a creature of habit).
However, I thought I'd take the plunge and get it when I visited a MAC counter recently. Unfortunately, I suffer with eczema/rosacea on the face and it makes me incredibly depressed hence the reason I need a heavy duty concealer that not only covers and looks natural but that highlights without making my dry skin noticeable.
As soon as I put the Pro Longwear to my under eye area I audibly went 'oooooo' at the result. It is very thick in consistency, almost to the point of being like a foundation, and the amount of coverage you get from one tiny pump is unbelievable. You really need to half the amount you use because you get so much coverage from one little blob. It covers my dark circles, any redness from the eczema disappears completely and it lasts all day without reapplication for me. I really don't know how I have gone this long without it, it blows any other concealer I have ever used completely out of the water. HG status really doesn't go far enough to express my love of it.
There are only two reasons that stop me from giving it full marks. One is that the packaging hacks me off no end. The pump always manages to dispense too much product, no matter how lightly I press I always end up having way more than needed. Although, I have mastered a way in which to spread it out so it covers both eyes, I would just far rather they rethought the packaging. The second reason is that this is a hugely dry formula, probably owing to the fact its full coverage, but I have dry skin already and it can make it feel particularly dried out come the end of the day. However I do not experience any itchiness or irritation with this product like I do with some other foundations/concealers.
Overall, I am very much in love with MAC pro longwear. I'm very tempted to go online and order a backup because I'm not sure I could ever go back to other concealers having used this one. Love it, definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

This is one product I have been trying over and over to like, but after numerous chances, I hate to say that this product totally disappointed me. Honestly after reading such amazing reviews, I thought my only concern would be the annoying pump bottle. Unfortunately though, that was the least of my concerns. I'm a long time user of the Studio Finish concealer in the pot, which I find works amazing, but I wanted something a little more heavy duty that would hold up better than the Studio Finish. This application is nice. It's thin but still very pigmented and easy to blend. However, I don't find that it wears well at all. It just looks SO dry. and I have oily skin so usually I like products to be a little drier and a little more matte. This however, makes my skin so dry that a few hours into the day, I suddenly have very obviously dry, ugly skin where I put the concealer. Especially under my eyes. I also find that it gets patchy as it wears. My skin just looks like it's in horrible shape when I wear this. I've tried everything to make it work but I'm definitely going to go back to my Studio Finish concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupdiva224

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is best stuff on the earth!! nice coverage and blends really good

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by yassaminj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/ combination skin, and after using a different mac concealer that was drying my skin out, I decided to take my best friends advice and buy this one instead.

The price for this concealer was fairly high, but the reviews I had read were so great that I felt able to buy it with confidence in the product! I was so glad when I discovered how great it was! This concealer blends in perfectly with my skin and removes any blemishes and undereye bags without looking too cakey or orange. I would really recommend buying a good brush with this, such as the mac concealer brush, or I use the ecotools brush which I absolutely love! But I would really say don't use your fingers!

Unfortunately, there are some negatives to this concealer, one of which is the actual bottle itself which has been a bit of a difficulty for me. This is because the bottle has a pump and when you use the product a lot comes out at one time so I end up wasting a fair amount of it, or using it all up all over my face to not waste it because it was quite pricey. On the other hand, I would say its a good idea to squirt all of the product into a pot and use it from the pot so you can control the amount that you need on the brush in order to not waste it, which is what my friend did and it worked really well!

Apart from some problems with the bottle, the concealer itself is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone with any skin type that wants a good coverage under eyes or on spots!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by rosiejnes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

really good, quite good coverage
it does not crease and glides on naturally and smoothly to the skin and the shades they have match almost everyone!

it stays on for quite a long time but I did have to re-apply around the eye area as it does not really conceal that well around the eyes. I do love this product though

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the best. I am so, so picky about what goes on my sensitive skin, and this is just it for me. No irritation. No breakouts. No smearing or melting. I don't ever want to try another concealer. It covers EVERYTHING and doesn't budge. It's all I use on the spots where it's needed - no foundation or powder to set it. Don't need it. It's thick and dries fast, so I apply a tiny bit at a time and blend quickly. It will get cakey if you over-apply, but I've used this for years and am comfortable working with it now. I'm NW15, cool and fair, and this is a flawless match.

I don't consider this expensive because my last bottle lasted me over two years with daily use. Yes, the packaging sucks and wastes a lot of product. Get a little sample jar from Sephora and dispense a pump at a time into it. When it's empty, disinfect the sample jar and repeat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

I wanted this to be an under-eye concealer first and foremost, and in that respect I think this wasn't great. The staying power was very good and it covered my dark circles well, but I found it looked too drying under my eyes, even though I had a decent amount of eye cream on and I don't think my under-eye skin is particularly dry.

However, I think this does a FABULOUS job of thoroughly concealing spots and blemishes without the need to touch up during the day. I also found this makes an excellent primer for eyeshadow.

I find the pump packaging dispenses much more product than I need, so I decant the extra product into a small tub which means none is wasted.

I would buy this again simply because of how good a spot concealer/ eyeshadow primer this is, but I won't be using it under my eyes anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is amazing. The formular is vert smooth,and it's very pigmented, doesn't feel too dry or too heavy on the skin. I like the product a lot, but the packaging is such a pain. This is the only reason I give this product 4 out of 5. It comes in the GLASS bottle. BEWARE, DON'T DROP IT. It will break and spill everywhere. Also, it comes with pump, so it's quite difficult to control the amount of product. It can be a waste. Overall, I love this comcealer. It performs quite well. I'm just not satisfy with the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Sherryanne300002

I really like this concealer I believe that it is a great under eye concealer if taken into consideration 3 things:
1. If you have dry skin it can be a bit flakey/clumpy/beady because it drys matt, everyone knows matt on dry=bad news. This can be avoided by using their light infusing moisturizer to mix the formula, or basically any moisturizer preferably a skin enhancing shimmer or shine provoking one. But with all that messing around and if your not really into spending time on your makeup you might as well buy the narrs creamy concealer or I find some drug store brands set with a loose matt formula looks less drying and cakey.
2. Unfortunately if you have lots of lines or creepy skin like almost all with the exception of sheer concealers it can become creasy and unflattering accentuating the very thing you don't want noticeable.
3. If you use a little under the eye and perhaps blend with the mac duo fiber blending brush that can be used for cream/liquid products as well as powder formula eyeshadows creams etc.

This is one of my HG concealers I do have to be careful and apply my own suggestions while using it. There are others that are also great including one of my favs shoppers drug mart 11$ QUO made in Canada under eye illuminating concealer = fantastic considering I am a makeup artist who have tried alotttttt of makeup on many different skins. I hope this helped for a prospective buyer.