Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 3/26/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Never been huge fan of drugstore foundation. ...and especially rimmel...it was a cheap brand I used as a kid as I only had limited funds! But its become popular and a lot of youtubers review this make up.
after buying the wake me up foundation and loving it (see my review on that foundation)....I decided I'd try this fuller coverage and longer wearing foundation. ...as I do love full coverage due to acne scarring etc....SORRY BUT I HATE THIS FOUNDATION! why....its thick...which would be ok if it blended well...it takes ages to dry and is so sticky...leaving skin tacky for ages...you'd have to put a decent layer of powder on to try and dry it....also...THIS IS NOT FULL COVERAGE! its light and can be built up too medium. ...but blending it is a challenge! Also I gave it a good chance...and after two days I had two pimples. .which this foundation did not cover ....did this foundation cause my two new friends????? I'd say yes....as I only got them after wearing this make up.....yet the rimmel wake me up was great abd actually helped my skin....
overall this may be great for some but not for all....I have dryish skin...think this may be suited to oily combination skin types....as mines dryer I prefer the wake me up ....wake me up isn't full coverage either but I only need full coverage on my chin area.....
this 25 hour foundation drys fast but stays sticky. ...not full cover...medium at best....plus side. ...colours are great. ..same as wake me up shades...
5/10.....I don't hate rimmel just hate this sticky stuff!but gave it 5 as its got a pump and love a glass bottle ;)

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It does have a smell to it. Not bad, but I do think it may be a bit strong for some. I didn't have trouble blending it into my skin, but after application I felt it and realized it was suuuuuper tacky. That went away once I set it with powder some minutes later though. It also seemed like the color darkened quite a bit as I was applying it (I got 100 ivory and the undertone was a bit too pink for me). It gave pretty amazing coverage and lasted me a full day (with some blotting every few hours since my skin is excessively oily). However, I don't think I'll be repurchasing, just because I can tell I won't be able to find a good shade match. At least at $6 it wasn't a total waste of money.

on 3/24/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Used the old version in the tube And now using this new version in the glass bottle. I've tried them all or at least I feel like I have. Just recently bought EL DW which I love but I love thIs product better. 56 years old, not a lot of wrinkles, take care of my skin, but Have a lot of hyper pigmentation. What can I say but I love it!!!!! For reference, I'm a Mac NW25, ELDW pebble, and wear this in classic beige.

on 3/23/2015 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have oily skin and this foundation makes me look drier on the face which had me confused, I thought it was the primer I was using (Insta-blur) I tried smash box hydration primer - worked well on my nose and face except from my chin and forehead which still looked very dry! However, I like how thick this foundation is, I would suggest to use an egg sponge or beauty blender, you literally only need less then 2 squirts for a full coverage face (followed by concealer)

on 3/21/2015 1:07:00 AM

I really don't know how I feel about this product. It looks fine and covers pretty well but it feels really heavy and STICKY. I typically don't like to set my whole face with a powder if I don't have to (like when I use longwear foundations) but I absolutely have to set this with a good powder cause the stickiness does not go away after just a short time like most foundations, it stays so it's uncomfortable and makes anything on top of it go patchy and muddy. that being said, once I set it with a powder it's absolutely fine and it doesn't look bad or mess with any products I layer on top. It does last the 15 hours it claims and doesn't LOOK too heavy or cake despite it feeling that way. Idk, it's a nice products and is a nice full coverage foundation for it being a cheaply priced drug store item but not my fav, not HG material. Nice packaging as well I might add (it really does matter lol)

on 3/19/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried this after hearing good reviews by some YouTube gurus and I have to agree with them. Great product at a great price. More over EL double wear!

on 3/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

This is really impressive for a drugstore foundation. Also very natural.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really happy with this foundation! I had heard great things about it so I couldn't wait to try this. When I first went to but this, the shop had none of the shade 'Ivory' which is the shade I would have picked as I'm quite pale. However I picked up 'True Ivory' as it looked almost identical to Ivory in the bottle. I absolutely loved te foundation however the shade was too dark for me so I went to get 'Ivory' a week later and they actually had the shade. I have to say there is quite a big difference between the two shades so if you are quite pale, don't get true Ivory even if there are no bottles of Ivory left. Ivory is a great match for my skin! What I love about this foundation is it is medium-full coverage (which is good for me as I have mild acne and redness) but still somehow manages to look very healthy and glory which I love! Therefore It looks really natural. It stays put all day, as long as you need it to and the price is fantastic! It's half the price of the foundation I used to buy (Revlon Colourstay) but so much more convenient because this foundation has a pump glass bottle! I don't think I can praise this foundation highly enough, and I definitely recommend giving it a try if you want a good high coverage foundation!

on 3/11/2015 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Pretty impressed with this foundation. Bought in in the lightest shade, Ivory, and was a bit dubious after swatching it on my hand as it looked quite orange. Im quite pale with dry skin, so I wasn't sure how this would work. I wouldn't say it's ideal for dry skin as it dries to a matte finish, but with moisturize underneath you can make it work. After applying it, it seemed to match my skin tone pretty well so I was happy with that. I applied it after putting on my moisturiser, and initially it felt quite heavy and a bit sticky on my skin, like it was just sitting on top. The coverage is medium-full, which suits me well. Covered up the redness on my cheeks and evened out my skin tone. It lasts a good few hours as well which is a plus.
Overall a good foundation, perfect for nights out and days where you need a bit more coverage.

on 3/11/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A new link should have been made for this foundation since Lasting Finish has been reformulated a few times in the last ten years. The latest version is Comfort Serum. It's a thicker formula and longer lasting, but it can appear cakey if you apply too much. Sheering it out with a damp sponge works better than using your hands or a brush. As usual, the packaging is awful. The UK and countries overseas always get pumps on foundation bottles. I think Americans are willing to pay $2 more to have one too! The coverage with this foundation is definitely good, but it's one of those that you can feel on your skin. I don't recommend wearing it in extremely humid or hot climates unless you're used to that heavy feeling. I prefer a lighter foundation and then concealer where I need it. I think there is spf 20, so it's not a foundation for photography. The price is decent and Rimmel never overcharges for their cosmetics.