Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 7.8 (Sunscreen), Octinoxate - 2.5 (Sunscreen)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Talc, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Silica Silylate, C12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Acrylates, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Chlorphenesin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Fructose, Sodium Hydroxide, Urea, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Allantoin, Maltose, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geraniol, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Glucose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain: Iron Oxides

For anyone looking to purchase this, the photo pictured in this review is the old version. It now comes in a glass bottle with no pump. I hate the bottle since I have to pour it out.

I have extreme combination skin. It's very sensitive too. But almost every foundation wears poorly on me because between oil and perspiration, they melt away. So I bought this at Marlena's (makeup geek) recommendation for a sweat proof foundation. I got it in the shade 101 Classic Ivory, which seems to be a good match for my NW15-20 skin.

When I first got it, I was using a beautyblender to apply this, and even if I washed it right away, it took a minimum of 10 minutes to clean the beautyblender, and it was starting to ruin the beautyblender and try my patience. So I stopped that, and started applying it with a brush spritzed with MAC fix +. I've had much better luck applying it with a brush, especially the Sigma F80. It stays on all day without any oil breaking through. It starts to look a little shiny at about 8 hours, but it isn't actually oil. Weirdest thing. I find that I have to set it with powder to keep it basically matte.

Like many of us, I am always in search of that perfect foundation. This is not - quite - perfect but comes close. I am 63 with good skin and this makes it look really good. I know it says "full coverage" on the bottle but I dont know it that is so or not. It gives me a really smooth finish, not cakey or heavy and it does indeed wear well; I apply E.L.F.'s HD shimmer powder over it (which is also a product that rocks). I gave it four lippies for only one reason - it dries extremely fast, even when applied with a damp sponge - which I do - and it is sort of like paint in that way, you have to work fast. That said, it is a buildable foundation. I believe the packaging has changed, it comes in a glass bottle, and I am fine with that. I have to say this foundation was a complete surprise; I just picked it up at Target on impulse, without knowing anything about it, and checked the reviews later. I have Light Ivory and it is perfect for me. Also has good SPF. While I have never purchased a high end foundation I have tried many drug store brands, and this is really excellent, a great product, and a great value. I would definitely purchase it again and am contemplating tossing all my others.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I went on a foundation buying spree recently and bought this foundation along with Revlon Age Defying, Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser, ELF BB cream and Tarte 12 hour foundation. Comparing this side to side against Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser, I preferred the Maybelline over this. The Maybelline had better coverage and smoothed out my pores better. However the Maybelline didn't even last on my face for half a work day in an air conditioned office. Major bummer. Based on that, I gave the Rimmel another chance. It does stay on longer...maybe not quite 8 hours BUT I found the floral smell overwhelming. It gave me a nauseated headachey feeling. What a shame. It went back to Target along with the Maybelline.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

First off I will say that I did not purchase this product even though that's what I went to the drugstore to purchase and here is why. I tested this on the back of my hand to see if it was a colour match and left it on for a bit while I walked around the store to make sure it didn't oxidise. Unfortunately, it oxidised HORRIBLY on the back of my hand. I can't even imagine what it would've looked like on my face. Too bad because the darkest shade colour matched me well, price was right, and it came with a pump :( anyways I ended up taking home the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation which is absolutely amazing! Had to buy a pump separately from clinique but it was super cheap so it's not a big deal. Too bad because this foundation had a lot of potential :(

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the foundation I'm currently using, and as long as the formula doesn't change then I will be happy to buy this again and again. I have it in the shade 303 (True Nude) and it matches my skin colour perfectly. I've never tried to build it, but I don't need to, because one pump is just enough for me. I find that my skin looks very nice and natural with this foundation on, not too cakey or oily or dry. I don't use primers and this stuff still lasts all day (though I do set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder). And the packaging is great, I love the size and shape of the glass bottle, and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product and doesn't get too messy. Definitely my favourite foundation that I've tried so far.

OMG where can I start with this foundation? Firstly, I have yellow undertones and I am pretty fair skin toned, Ivory 100 fits me perfectly! Usually drug store foundations have pink undertones, and it's hard finding a shade that I'm completely happy with. Second, this foundation is full coverage and a little goes a long way, which is also amazing because it's also inexpensive and affordable. Thirdly, when it says it's 25 hour stay, you better believe it! 12 hour days and maybe only once do I have to apply powder since I do get oily throughout the day. I set this foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder and this is a dynamic duo that's unstoppable! Also, this foundation does not make me break out and I am pretty acne prone especially before my time of the month. TRY IT, YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. One of the best drug store foundations, hands down!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

They changed the packaging it seems, to a glass bottle with screw top lid. I prefer this, for some reason, not that I think it is easier, I just do. Less likely to get squished I guess.
Anywho, I picked this up because it claims to be transfer proof and sweat proof. I wear glasses all day every day and makeup on the nose piece is the bane of my existence, and I live in a very humid place at the moment so I sweat like crazy. It also claims to have "comfort serum" whatever the heck that is. I tested it out at first without any other makeup, on a slightly cool day. It did take about 5 minutes to set completely, but even while it was still a bit tacky it didn't transfer. Only the smallest amount got on my glasses when I put them on, and then it didn't go anywhere. It is definitely more full coverage than any other drugstore foundation I have tried, and with a bit of concealer any spots are gone. I have noticed that if I do set it with powder, it can look a little cakey and dry, so I tend to just let it set, unless I need the extra layer of coverage, in which case I just spritz it with a bit of witch hazel and that takes care of the cakey-ness. Sometimes I get a bit oily in my T zone, but a blotting paper will take care of that, but it doesn't happen very often. Another thing I really love is that it looks like skin. It is full coverage but it doesn't look like you have a layer of rubber on your face like some other full coverage foundations can. The 100 Ivory is a perfect match for my skin, which can be hard to find. The only downside is that there aren't many color options, so anyone with skin darker than a medium tan will have to look elsewhere (I feel like that isn't a very good business plan because they're missing out on a huge chunk of the population).

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation offers very good coverage, I would say medium to full. This feels comfortable on the skin, and blends seamlessly. The only downsides would be that it doesn't control oil, or stay matte for very long. I have been mixing it with another foundation just for the sake of using it, since I cannot return drugstore makeup in Canada.

Pros:
- Really cheap
- Somewhat okay shade range
- Good coverage
- For those with neutral undertones, these shades seem to be neutral or pink
- In a bottle with a pump

Cons
- Does not control oil
- Does not stay matte
- No yellow undertones

I have been using this foundation in colour #202 for over 6 years, i am a makeup and foundation junkie and do not leave the house without it.
This foundation is light enough so that you do not look like caked up but heavy enough to cover my redness and rosacea.
You can also put little on and cover a large area or put more on to get the heavier effect.

I do not need to use primer generally in summer but in winter I use a little to moisturize the face before applying as my skin gets dry.

Overall i think this product is great value for money and it can be found in most supermarkets in Australia.

I always get comments on how well I blend my makeup and with this foundation, its best to blend with your fingers.

I had been looking for a long wear foundation since the AC at my work has been on the fritz for a few weeks now and we have all been just boiling hot! As a result of this my make up has been melting off my face so I needed something durable and sweat proof.. I found this on sale for $8.47 CAD and it's description sounded perfect "sweat proof, transfer proof, etc".

Well, I did not find it to live up to its name. I applied two layers to cover my redness (I have very red skin) and I left the house with great coverage and great looking skin. Well by the 3 hour mark in my work day my redness was already showing through! And by the end of my 9 hour shift, my skin looked awful... dull and blotchy and most of my redness was now visible. This doesn't normally happen to me even when I use my normal foundation that is not long wearing!

So disappointed... but at least I hardly spent any money on this,

PS.. since this I have bought and tried Revlon Colorstay Liquid and find it works very well and lasts well throughout my workday!