December 20, 2014 | 1479 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So. My review is good for this but.......
I got a sample so I can't comment on packaging.
The lightest shade is too dark for me.
It made me breakout in huge gross whiteheads, probably the worst breakout I've had in two years. I wore it two days in a row.

All that said, this is one of the most lovely if not the loveliest foundation I've ever used. I desperately wish I could use it. If you truly want perfected yet undetectable - try this. I hope you have better results than me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This foundation has to be one of my favourites.
With most foundations I break out, or they have a way of making the tiny pimples on my face stand out. With this foundation it give you a look of healthy skin and almost glazes over all imperfections. Also this foundations is the opposite of cakey. Most natural looking foundation ever. The only complaint is staying power for me, without a setting powder it slides off my face after a few hours. Also if you have acne or redness it definitely isn't full coverage but it very buildable.

UPDATE: Been using for almost 2 months and its my HOLY GRAIL of foundations, the two main things I've noticed are how buildable it is and how natural it looks, but you NEED setting powder.

ENJOY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Unfortunately for me, I am too pale for this foundation. I was really looking forward to changing up my makeup routine, but this is about two shades too dark. The foundation itself is of good quality, tends to be on the drier side, and has a nice finish. I also love the packaging, which is very elegant. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bough this foundation after seeing a review done from some people on youtube. I really liked the way the video's were talking about how it sets into your skin like a second skin and not like a mask. So after much research I went out and bought it.

I will admit it is very pricey however the bottle is big so it makes up (somewhat) in that manner. I paid $64 Canadian for it. I went to the Husdon Bay store and had the counter lady try different shades on me. While I am fair skin, I have yellow not pink undertones and this foundation line has a lot of pink undertones. We finally found the one that was perfect for my skin color, Beige Clair 02. When she put it on the side of my face, I swear it looked like I had nothing on. However she didn't have my shade so I ran to Sephora and bought it there for the same price.

I went home and dreamed about using it the next day. When I woke up in the morning after my bath routine I did my makeup and put this on. I used my beauty blender sponge with it, and it just sank into my skin perfectly this foundation. It looked like i had nothing on but flawless skin.

I read a lot of people had issue with flakiness. You need to use a good moisturizer before applying this. Because it is a thin based liquid foundation and not cream, then yes it will cause your dryness to appear. Since it is winter here in Canada, I put on my face cream with my sunscreen and let it sit for one minute. Then I put this foundation on and it looks beautiful.

This might just be my HG foundation. If anything changes I will updates this post, but for now I don't look darker and this foundation has not oxidized it as some said it happen to them.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been dying to try a Guerlain foundation, and was super excited to get a sample of it with my last Sephora purchase. Was SO disappointed with it and feel relieved I didn't splurge on a full size like I had been planning to, based on good reviews I'd read.

It has a thin, oily formula that never quite sunk into my skin. I have dry cheeks with oily zones at the middle of my forehead and along the sides of my nose. It emphasized fine lines and dry patches, while turning to an oil slick in my Tzone. I could *feel* the foundation on me all day which was unpleasant. It also oxidized and turned darker. By the end of the day it was as though it had melted off my face unevenly. And yes I did use setting powder! Temperature was not to blame because it has been cold and dry here in NC. It made my skin itch and feel prickly. I was never so glad to get home after work and wash my face!!!

This is an extremely poor performer, one of the worst foundations I have tried. Even if it had a drugstore price, I'd return it in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

best foundation I ever use!I tried alot of brand of foundation before chanel,estee,lancome,bobbie brown,mac,shu uhmera and none of them can compare to the guerlain foundation!I have problematic skin which needs mid -full coverage..This foundation is sheer to mid coverage so for people with serve acne or redness this might not give you enough coverage.I have post acne scar and open pores,dehydrated skin so this foundation works well for me but I have to apply 2 layer to cover my imperfection area.So far this foundation did not give me any break out but the effect is great..it makes my skin look dewy and radiance..it is a runny foundation but it did not make my skin look oily like the rest of the foundation with radiance effect.It doesnt keep my skin matt but is a long lasting foundation.It stays on my skin for more than 6 hours!Important step we should remember is to apply a good moisturizer on face so that it can help to hold the foundation much more better..I give the packaging a 4 because the pump is not user friendly,the product got stuck when I tried to pump the foudation on my hand and it was a brand new bottle I only use it for 3 to 4 times..but other that that there is not much complain and this is my second bottle.. I will continue to repurchase..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yep, I can see why the bad reviews. Yuck!!
I bought the lightest shade for my ultra-pale complexion. Normally with French makeup, the lightest shade is a wee bit too light even for me, but this was def way too dark. It looks lighter in the bottle, but it goes on dark.
It's funny to blend...It kinda dries fairly quickly so you have to move fast. The coverage is pretty good however...like your skin only perfected. I like the subtle semi-matte finish too...not to shiny, not too powdery.
Really, my big complaint is the color. Nobody can find a color in this line that matches their skin. This wouldn't be bad if I was more yellow but I'm not a Simpson so this was not a winner.
The price btw is insane! Like $80 at Sephora...and it's just not up to par with other high-end products, sorry to say. The bottle is dated and bland, as is the cap and labeling. For the price, you'd expect some bling or something snazzy..but it's just blah....
Overall, I can see why this has been discontinued and not going to be restocked at Sephora...don't know about the rest of the planet....
I sent this loser back.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Farba02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was wondering why this foundation has such bad reviews all of the suden...well people! The formula was changed!!! I used to love this foundation. It was my holy grail, it was soft and creamy and blendable, it would cover all imperfections without looking cakey, was a dream. I recently went to sephora to get is as I was running out. First I noticed the bottle was different. The old one had logo and all letters tattooed in black on the glass while the new one has a cheep sticker placed on front. Second I noticed that the foundation looked liquidy, very runny. Unlike previous formula, you could see the runniness of it in the botle...I still had some of the old one left and squeezed a little to compare. And oh God. Not only this new one is runny like water but beige Claire 2 is completely different color! The new one is very yellowish and at least a tone lighter then old one. It doesn't cover anything and you cannot build coverage like before, it comes out streaky even if blended with fingers. I am so beyond pissed! For $60 I expect consistent quality! First time disappointment with guerlain! Will have to search for new holy grail now :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Jennkworkman

I like this foundation but I do not LOVE it. I wish there was a bit more coverage and staying power. it does give a beautiful glow at first but it does wear off and the foundation lasted 5-6 hours max before it started looking dull and greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I tried almost all of the foundations that Sephora sells - from high end like lancome, dior, YSL to lower end of higher end like MUFE, bobbi brown, urban decay, cover FX, etc.
This is what I ended up in after searching for 2 months long.

The price tag to begin with is ridiculous. its the next most expensive to the Tom Ford, Elis faas, Giorgio Armani, and Cle de peau. but as always, if there is a good reason that a product is expensive, I'm willing to pay the price.

Color:
I bought the ambre pale (31) which was only exclusive to Asia until recently. Its a very pretty color - just the right amount of yellow to complement an Asian skin tone. I was worried that its going to be too light for my skin tone, but it actually blends nicely into the skin. (though I do hope that Guerlain will bring in the Ambre clair soon)

Coverage:
The texture is thinner than the YSL touche eclat, and because its less pigmented, its easier to blend with the hands. however I was pleasantly surprised that it offered a fair amount of coverage. it corrected for redness and uneven skintones almost perfectly, while doing a fair job on the hyperpigmentations and acne. Did not accentuate the pores at all either. its sheer to light coverage that is easily buildable.
(though you should stop at medium, because otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of it being a "lingerie" foundation)

Application:
I like to use this with a beauty blender because that way, I can apply thin layers multiple times to build coverage. however from a certain point, it starts to get cakey if I try to build the coverage up further.
it also sets pretty quick, so I have to squeeze the product on my hands and dip my beauty blender or brush to work in sections.

lasting power:
This is the worst part.
Because I live in a dry climate, this works alittle better than it should on a combination skin. at first when I put it on, its has luminous, glowy, pretty finish that doesn't look oily or dry. however, about 2~3 hours later, it looses the luminosity and becomes quite dull.. it does keep coverage though until about 6 hour mark, when the foundation changes color - not orange, but about 2 ~3 shades darker than the original shade. good thing about this foundation though, is that this foundation does not become patchy during the break down process.