October 22, 2014 | 1403 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yep, I can see why the bad reviews. Yuck!!
I bought the lightest shade for my ultra-pale complexion. Normally with French makeup, the lightest shade is a wee bit too light even for me, but this was def way too dark. It looks lighter in the bottle, but it goes on dark.
It's funny to blend...It kinda dries fairly quickly so you have to move fast. The coverage is pretty good however...like your skin only perfected. I like the subtle semi-matte finish too...not to shiny, not too powdery.
Really, my big complaint is the color. Nobody can find a color in this line that matches their skin. This wouldn't be bad if I was more yellow but I'm not a Simpson so this was not a winner.
The price btw is insane! Like $80 at Sephora...and it's just not up to par with other high-end products, sorry to say. The bottle is dated and bland, as is the cap and labeling. For the price, you'd expect some bling or something snazzy..but it's just blah....
Overall, I can see why this has been discontinued and not going to be restocked at Sephora...don't know about the rest of the planet....
I sent this loser back.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Farba02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was wondering why this foundation has such bad reviews all of the suden...well people! The formula was changed!!! I used to love this foundation. It was my holy grail, it was soft and creamy and blendable, it would cover all imperfections without looking cakey, was a dream. I recently went to sephora to get is as I was running out. First I noticed the bottle was different. The old one had logo and all letters tattooed in black on the glass while the new one has a cheep sticker placed on front. Second I noticed that the foundation looked liquidy, very runny. Unlike previous formula, you could see the runniness of it in the botle...I still had some of the old one left and squeezed a little to compare. And oh God. Not only this new one is runny like water but beige Claire 2 is completely different color! The new one is very yellowish and at least a tone lighter then old one. It doesn't cover anything and you cannot build coverage like before, it comes out streaky even if blended with fingers. I am so beyond pissed! For $60 I expect consistent quality! First time disappointment with guerlain! Will have to search for new holy grail now :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Jennkworkman

I like this foundation but I do not LOVE it. I wish there was a bit more coverage and staying power. it does give a beautiful glow at first but it does wear off and the foundation lasted 5-6 hours max before it started looking dull and greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I tried almost all of the foundations that Sephora sells - from high end like lancome, dior, YSL to lower end of higher end like MUFE, bobbi brown, urban decay, cover FX, etc.
This is what I ended up in after searching for 2 months long.

The price tag to begin with is ridiculous. its the next most expensive to the Tom Ford, Elis faas, Giorgio Armani, and Cle de peau. but as always, if there is a good reason that a product is expensive, I'm willing to pay the price.

Color:
I bought the ambre pale (31) which was only exclusive to Asia until recently. Its a very pretty color - just the right amount of yellow to complement an Asian skin tone. I was worried that its going to be too light for my skin tone, but it actually blends nicely into the skin. (though I do hope that Guerlain will bring in the Ambre clair soon)

Coverage:
The texture is thinner than the YSL touche eclat, and because its less pigmented, its easier to blend with the hands. however I was pleasantly surprised that it offered a fair amount of coverage. it corrected for redness and uneven skintones almost perfectly, while doing a fair job on the hyperpigmentations and acne. Did not accentuate the pores at all either. its sheer to light coverage that is easily buildable.
(though you should stop at medium, because otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of it being a "lingerie" foundation)

Application:
I like to use this with a beauty blender because that way, I can apply thin layers multiple times to build coverage. however from a certain point, it starts to get cakey if I try to build the coverage up further.
it also sets pretty quick, so I have to squeeze the product on my hands and dip my beauty blender or brush to work in sections.

lasting power:
This is the worst part.
Because I live in a dry climate, this works alittle better than it should on a combination skin. at first when I put it on, its has luminous, glowy, pretty finish that doesn't look oily or dry. however, about 2~3 hours later, it looses the luminosity and becomes quite dull.. it does keep coverage though until about 6 hour mark, when the foundation changes color - not orange, but about 2 ~3 shades darker than the original shade. good thing about this foundation though, is that this foundation does not become patchy during the break down process.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ladydog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is constantly changing these days and what works for me one day in make-up and skin care may not work for me in the next. I have pretty much stopped using liquid foundations, but I was so intrigued with this that I bought it. I love the velvety smooth feel of this foundation going on. It is dispensed with a pump which is what I think all liquid foundations should be packaged with for sanitary reasons. It goes on evenly without a primer and doesn't streak. I apply with my fingers although I've also used a brush. The coverage is medium, but it is a coverage that eliminates all ruddiness in my skin and glides over my pores. Several imperfections (tiny marks and scars) will still be visible, but I could use concealer if I wanted to cover them up. No mask-like look. Pretty, natural looking skin. I use setting powder and it lasts through a normal day very well. I need to blot a couple of times, but my skin is oily (though not as oily as it used to be when it was an oil slick). The major bonus is it has SPF 20 with broad spectrum protection so I don't have to wear sunscreen underneath and on an average day, I'm well out of the sun except for being in and out to my car or house so I feel fine wearing this w/o additional sun protection. And, one of the best points for me, it doesn't separate on my skin by the end of the day.

All in all, a lovely, very wearable foundation that makes my skin look good as it gets. My only complaint is the price--$59.00. I'm fair-medium with pink undertones and I wear 02, Beige Clair. I will buy again in spite of the price tag because this is a worthy foundation to keep in my rotation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation.
I wore it for the last three days... and I may try it again but for now, I dislike it.
I am an NC20 asian and the shade 31 Ambre pale is perfect. At first I was scared that it would be too pale but it ended up being the perfect shade.
When first applied (i used my beauty blender & hourglass veil primer underneath), it gives a beautiful finish- looks natural and gorgeous. HOWEVER! It dried out my cheeks and got all patchy by the end of the day. I have combination skin that is very oily in the T-zone and dry in the cheeks and lower jawline. The foundation accentuated flakes that I had not seen before and dry patches on my cheeks... and kind of faded off even though wore primer and set it with a powder. Also note that it has a very strong lavender scent as with all Guerlain products, which I did not mind but some of you out there might.
Pros:
- perfect shade
- very buildable
- nice light consistency
- fresh, perfect and natural initial finish

Cons:
- fades off in a very unflattering manner (accentuating dry patches and flakes)
- dried my skin
- no oil control

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this foundation what's not to love, lovely smell lovely packaging and flawless skin. Well unfortunately I found that this product didn't stay on :( even using powder it wore off and oxidised. The colour range isn't amazing either. I wear mac nc30 but now 37 (a better shade more yellow) and find the best match for me was shade 3. More of a beige. The coverage was lovely and medium but build able but unfortunately for me lost all marks for not staying on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not quite sure what all the fuss is about. I only purchase high end foundations so my review is comparable with Channel, YSL, BB, etc.. To date, this is the most I've spent on a foundation. The colour selection is poor but with the help of an associate, I was able to find one that was close but not a great match. I purchased anyway because the reviews relating to texture were so wonderful. Not wonderful for me...I find it dry, accentuates lines and does not apply very well. There are much better foundations out there and you don't have to go to this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by annomatopia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a sephora addict. and have tried so many foundations......
Finally I went into Saks in Short Hills Mall NJ. I had the most wonderful sales lady Michelle. She can take credit for this. I love the foundation. Great coverage with a foundation brush. I work from 8-6 and It lasts all day. Works perfectly with cle de peau concealer (another favorite... I can't live w/o).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ensei

I've had this foundation for almost two years now, and now I really wanted to post my experience. This is a thin but creamy liquid with medium coverage that is dewy and glowy looking. It blends very well and doesn't set too quickly. It also has a lovely guerlain violet scent to it that I thought I would dislike, but actually really like. I still definitely prefer no fragrance at all but this is not a bother either.

The only downside again to this foundation is that the color range is not great. I'm about NC25/NC30 and I've tried 02 which was slightly too light and dried more pink, so I went with 03. Both shades still look a little too pink on my skin but I'm neutral-yellow so while not a perfect fit, is still fine. I will say that the foundation dries to a darker color than it first appears no matter what color you get. With the 03, I would say that it's NC30-ish and that I can pull it off with either more blending and pulling it down my entire neck or mixing with a lighter foundation (I've been using the lighter shade of Bourjois Healthy Mix I have). Another con to mention is if you layer this or use too much, it will transfer like crazy, so do powder thoroughly.

EDIT (03/30/13): Within the last year or so, my skin has definitely gotten a shade or two lighter with diligent sunscreen usage, so now my 03 shade this looks about 1-2 shades darker and orange on my NC25 skin. It was so glaringly off that I started routinely mixing it with lighter foundations in my stash. Finally, I bought a small bottle of the 31 Ambre Pale shade, a lighter shade with a yellow undertone that became available at Sephora. Really great since it was only a Asia exclusive shade. It's about NC20ish, maybe a smidge lighter, with a great neutral to yellow undertone. Whenever I've used this now, I mix 03 with the 31 shade. At my palest winter skin, I think I could even just use the 31 Ambre Pale shade by itself with it looking just slightly pale. Best bet would be a mix 1:1 of 03 and 31 most of the time and 1:2 of 03 and 31 in winter/spring.

Bottom line: I think this is the love of my foundation life so far. It has everything I'm looking for in a foundation: light-medium coverage, natural skin sheen finish that makes my skin look better than it is, and decent lasting power. It's one big con is the color range. That I went out of my way to buy two different shades to mix should show you how much I love this foundation. I'm pretty sure that the Asia exclusive 32 would be spot on for me as I'm about an NC25 with yellow undertones, but that is hard to find and buy since I live in the United States. If I could find any way to get this, I would be over the moon.

---

EDIT (01/11/2014): I have finally been able to attain the Asia exclusive 32 shade, and it has a great yellow undertone that suits my spring NC25 tone to a tee. No complaints here - this will remain in my top light-medium coverage foundations. I've never realized just how pink the other shades were until I tried this, and there is no way I can go back to that. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the biggest drawback to the foundation is the shade range. And, it's a shame because although I would repurchase this shade again and again, I don't see it happening because it was quite difficult to acquire.