April 24, 2014 | 969 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Lust

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by AddictedShopper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i was a bit worried about this smelling a little 'pungent' as sometimes lush can smell a little bit too natural and earthy! i tried lush spray perfume and could smell it on the cuffs and collar of my jackets weeks later. also the day i sprayed it, i went into the local boots after and the women serving me said i smelt fantastic! i explained it wasnt from there and was from lush! i dont get loads of comments and a wear other perfumes regularly. then a woman sat next to me on the bus and kept talking to me! it certainly seemed to attract attention to me, albeit in my case, from the wrong sex!! so ive never actually purchased yet and did feel lush was very pricey esp for perfume, but if the boots women commented who had obviously smelt a lot of perfumes, it must be good! with regard to flying fox mentioned in other review, it smells incredible and so does bathroom after. also, the other reviewer commented on body cream. ive added a few drops of jasmine essential oil to a fragrance free body cream and this works quite well

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the solid perfume stick for this scent. It resembles the Godiva shampoo bar by LUSH. The jasmine isn't old lady-ish at all- very sexy! I love this fragrance and it is calming to me. I wish I had this in the form of a candle (like those expensive discontinued ones!)- I'm in love! Try before you buy, as in, it will smell way better on your skin than in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you could only being to know how much I adore this scent. It is everything I want and more! Whenever I wear this EVERY single person I come across stops and ask me what I am wearing. As my co-worker described it, it smells like "hot sex" lol. I think she meant it smells like a completely seductive woman that any man would want to lay down with and I agree. I mean, afterall, the name is Lust right? I have the soild and my only complaint is that the scent doesnt last long enough. I want a body lotion in this scent so I can layer! LUSH----please put this scent into everyone of your products! I already use Godiva and plan on buying Flying Fox and will def. buy anything containing this sexy jasmine...what a winner!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I love the smell of Jasmine. I adore flying fox, and the Sakura bath bomb to pieces. I was talked into this by the awesome SA at my local lush. They didn't have any in the store to try so I bought it blind online. Gorilla perfume.. If they mean a gorilla is mauling you in the face with the scent of Jasmine they got the name right. Holy hell this stuff is powerful! It could probably clear a room in 2.5 seconds.

The dry down is nice. But it takes a few hours to get there and by then no one wants to sit next to you anyway. To me this smells like a mixture of Jasmine and moth balls. Not something I really want to smell like. I had high hopes for this little gem. I'll keep it around as a reminder not to buy a perfume blind.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by rottenbanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this on vacation on Maui. It's a beautiful jasmine scent with maybe a little plumeria thrown in. It gets lots and lots of compliments. I can't stop smelling my wrists because I smell so PRETTY! At $8 it is a bargain. It doesn't smell like it costs $8. I like tube packaging for a solid perfume, but I don't like how this one pushes up instead of twisting up; it smushes the top every time you replace the cap. I knocked off one lippy because it doesn't last very long on me. In Maui it seemed to last one to two hours. Now that I'm home though, in a warmer climate it has lasted perhaps five....so maybe this is just due to humidity or heat. Anywho I will definitely buy again if I run out. I'm glad that I read other reviewers who say that it STAINS. I will avoid long sleeves with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I bought this in both forms - the spray and the solid. I'd not read any reviews that the scent differed depending on format, but it's something I quickly discovered for myself.

I bought the solid first. At $8ish CAD, it seemed a steal. The tiny, chubby tube is perfect to stash away in a pocket or a purse. I rub this on my wrists and on my neck, right at my hairline, but never near clothing, as I'd been warned by SAs and reviewers alike of its staining ability. The scent is all gorgeous, sweet, true jasmine, and it lingers throughout the day, and even into evening without need of reapplication. I suppose I could have been satisfied with the solid, but, like most addicts, I had to have the other too... so off I went for the spray.

The first half hour or so of the spray is just as dreamy. It's like sitting in a bed of jasmine with a honey scented candle lit somewhere nearby. Then, suddenly, a soft whisper of wheat - or maybe bread? After an hour, it's much clearer, and it's like I'm standing in a kitchen with an armful of fresh baked loaves, with some remnant jasmine perfume lingering somewhere, although I can't tell where, in the room, not even on me.

So, as it stands, I'm a Lust solid fan. The spray leaves something to be desired for me, but no worries. The solid is cheaper anyway.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is jasmine. If you don't like jasmine, don't buy it. It is easy to carry in a purse. The fragrance lasts for about an hour or two. Strange that they colored it slightly rose.
Nice enough for the 8 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Indolic jasmine in super-concentrated form. It has displaced L'artisan's La Haie Fleurie from its top place in my list of "Too heady, steer away" fragrances. Actually, that one feels pretty wearable after this one. If you can't handle the cat pee, poop associations of indoles, run for the hills.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My fave thing from LUSH. it smells like flying fox & godiva shampoo bar. I love jasmine smells lol. I don't understand the red dye though..I wish they would remove the dyes from the solid perfumes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I love it! I got the solid perfume, which I find easiest to apply. The samples smell strange in the store, but this is delicious when you actually wear it.... a really deep jasmine. It lasts a long time too.