October 25, 2014 | 1240 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Lust

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

i bought this in solid perfume form a while ago, i love the scent of jasmine, however the push up tube packaging is very poor. As others have mentioned, it's a mess when you push it up, you have to push it back down with a finger (messy) or just replace the cap (also messy and just splodges the product all over the lid). I thought i'd pop it in the fridge to see if that helped, but it didn't. Another downside is the red pigment, it stains!! I would buy this again, but only in spray form.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice "jasminey" scent and very cheap, but rather ruined by the strong colour which I imagine would stain (I was for-warned by other reviewers (thanks), so I avoid wearing good clothes near it) and also poor packaging which means you push it up, then have to squidge it back down with the top which tends to melt it all over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Homegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the solid version to use as an everyday, carry-around-in-my-handbag pick-me-up.

I love the smell of it - it is very jasminey, which I like, and to me, it smells sweet. Sometimes it almost reminds me of tinned sweetcorn (which sounds mad, but it is nice!). The dry down is still sweet (corny), but also very slightly smoky and very feminine. The scent lasts a long time, and I love that I can occasionally catch the scent of it - normally I can't really smell what I'm wearing after a certain amount of time. I find it quite versatile - I wear it for daytime, but it would also be appropriate on a sexy night out.

I've taken one lippie off, because it has a sort of reddish dye through it, which does show up slightly on application. Can look a bit like a weird neck rash if I have my hair up. Would much prefer something relatively colourless.

For £4.50 though, I think this is an excellent purchase. Love the smell, it's really portable, and the quality of the product is good. Will totally repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought to give this solid perfume a go since I get zits and bumps from spray perfumes. This product is very versatile as you can carry it in your purse, rub it in your hair, dab on any spot on your skin etc. It has a nice conditioning effect on the dry ends of my hair. I have to say that I really like jasmine and this sort of scents in general so it's perfect for me. It doesn't really smell "dirty sexy" to me, but finding this sort of scents isn't easy so I give it a definite thumbs up. The downside is the packaging as you can't push the stick down so you have to be careful with that. Also, I think it could do without the red dye although you can fade it by rubbing in the balm. Other than that I find this product really nice, the price good and the scent a perfect deep floral.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I canít say I adore this scent in the least. I tried it on several occasions and still canít get myself to like it. The nose behind this scent is, Mark: ďI think what you're good at is what you like to do. I do believe that I'm good at jasmine. I wanted to do a really, really sexy, dirty, lustful fragrance and that's what I've done.Ē I have to give credit to the creator, he didnít lie about what he was creating, he had a plan from the beginning.

The main notes selected for this fragrance are Jasmine (very concentrated), ylang ylang, Vanilla, and Sandalwood. When I first spritzed this on, I thought the Jasmine note was heavy, but still sexy with the vanilla overtone, and sandalwood undertone. However after half an hour, the notes collided to create a very smoky jasmine with no distinction of the other notes. Other reviewers are correct in comparing it to Flying Fox and Godiva. That said, I must admit that these are my least favorites of the Lush line, so now you understand where I am coming from. Furthermore, if I had to portray what feelings or thoughts this fragrance brings to mind- itís sex and cigarettes, dirty smoky, and musky. I am not saying smelling sexy is wrong, in fact I think itís great and gives women a sense of confidence. However, I found this one made me smell cheap and sexy at the same time- an unfortunate outcome for me.

Overall, I have rated it a 2, not out of disdain for the scent, but because I honestly think it could have been a lot better. Concentrating the jasmine was a bold choice, but I honestly found it was too overwhelming- the subtlety, sophistication, and sheer complexity of jasmine was completely lost in the making of this fragrance. I suppose on certain skin types- this might smell really amazing, but on me it was rather disappointing.
Happy Shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Ollyli

I LOVE it and highly addictive, that being said I'm going to buy another back up tomorrow. It's smells like flying fox. Full of Jasmine and honey goodness. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I feel very feminine while wearing it. BF loves it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by AddictedShopper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i was a bit worried about this smelling a little 'pungent' as sometimes lush can smell a little bit too natural and earthy! i tried lush spray perfume and could smell it on the cuffs and collar of my jackets weeks later. also the day i sprayed it, i went into the local boots after and the women serving me said i smelt fantastic! i explained it wasnt from there and was from lush! i dont get loads of comments and a wear other perfumes regularly. then a woman sat next to me on the bus and kept talking to me! it certainly seemed to attract attention to me, albeit in my case, from the wrong sex!! so ive never actually purchased yet and did feel lush was very pricey esp for perfume, but if the boots women commented who had obviously smelt a lot of perfumes, it must be good! with regard to flying fox mentioned in other review, it smells incredible and so does bathroom after. also, the other reviewer commented on body cream. ive added a few drops of jasmine essential oil to a fragrance free body cream and this works quite well

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the solid perfume stick for this scent. It resembles the Godiva shampoo bar by LUSH. The jasmine isn't old lady-ish at all- very sexy! I love this fragrance and it is calming to me. I wish I had this in the form of a candle (like those expensive discontinued ones!)- I'm in love! Try before you buy, as in, it will smell way better on your skin than in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you could only being to know how much I adore this scent. It is everything I want and more! Whenever I wear this EVERY single person I come across stops and ask me what I am wearing. As my co-worker described it, it smells like "hot sex" lol. I think she meant it smells like a completely seductive woman that any man would want to lay down with and I agree. I mean, afterall, the name is Lust right? I have the soild and my only complaint is that the scent doesnt last long enough. I want a body lotion in this scent so I can layer! LUSH----please put this scent into everyone of your products! I already use Godiva and plan on buying Flying Fox and will def. buy anything containing this sexy jasmine...what a winner!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I love the smell of Jasmine. I adore flying fox, and the Sakura bath bomb to pieces. I was talked into this by the awesome SA at my local lush. They didn't have any in the store to try so I bought it blind online. Gorilla perfume.. If they mean a gorilla is mauling you in the face with the scent of Jasmine they got the name right. Holy hell this stuff is powerful! It could probably clear a room in 2.5 seconds.

The dry down is nice. But it takes a few hours to get there and by then no one wants to sit next to you anyway. To me this smells like a mixture of Jasmine and moth balls. Not something I really want to smell like. I had high hopes for this little gem. I'll keep it around as a reminder not to buy a perfume blind.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No