December 20, 2014 | 1370 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by camlynare

I have a very oily T-zone and very few moisturizers soak into my skin. This does the job perfectly. Not only does it give a touch of moisture to my skin, but it keeps the oil at bay all day! I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin as it is light and wont clog your pores. I wouldn't however recommend this for people with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by antlered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product is great if your skin requires little help. It's light, and doesn't leave residue on your face. This is the perfect product to help soothe and moisturize my summer skin. Once winter hits though it's a whole other story. Using this product my skin was flaky and I developed clogged pores on my cheeks which something I've never had before.
I had to switch products and my skin is recovering nicely, but I wouldn't suggest this product to people with finicky skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin type is oily with moderate acne (black heads and a few cystic bumps).

I use the Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser, followed by Witch Hazel, and finished with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream.

Now, I like this product, but I'm not 100% in love and here's why:

I can tell that between my changed skin regimen that I have listed above that my skin has improved in quality and softness over the past 3 weeks. However, for the moisture rescue gel itself, I am torn. I wear it under my make-up in the mornings because it does really well at minimizing oil, which is a big deal for me. However, I definitely don't feel my skin drink it in. It kind of feels like rubbing nothing into your face and having the slightest feeling of film on your face afterwards (but a good film). So at night, I also use natural coconut oil on my face to help give it a bit of moisture overnight.

So overall, I have noticed that my skin has been improving since using this gel to my skin care system, but I changed my entire skin care system when I started using this. So I don't know how effective the product would be on a stand-alone level. But it's definitely worth a try if you're oily and want something to wear under your makeup!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

While for many this is may be an "ok" moisturizer it does list denatured alcohol as the 3rd ingredient which is drying and damages my skin over time, causing redness and irritation. I used this one and Biotherm's gel (also high alcohol/fragrance) moisturiser and had terrible, constantly breaking out skin at those times. I have since stopped using these types of products because I notice they leave me with dry patches and isn't very good for prepping skin before make up. I can see someone with very oily skin probably liking it however my preference is for moisturizers without denatured/SD alcohols, as I don't feel this is beneficial for skin in the long term. I also dislike the jar packaging. not very hygenic even if you wash your hands or use a spatula. Would not repurchase

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kbentley0423

I was so excited when I found this product as a gel because regular lotion moisturizers tend to break me out in some areas and im still dry in others. This moisturizer was not for me either. I used it for a little over a week and it was great. HOWEVER, I noticed a few bumps and a slight rash form on the side of my lip. I didn't know what it was. I'm not prone to getting cold sores either. The last one I had was over 10 years ago. The next morning, my lips were swollen with bumps all around and on them. It was a rash from an allergic reaction. Later on the day, I noticed my cheeks were intensely itchy. Again, apart of the reaction. I looked up more reviews on the product and other people have had the same problem as well. Needless to say I stopped using the product, and hope to find another gel moisturizer.

Although, the first few days I tried the product, it was cool and refreshing. Very lightweight, and didn't cause any breakouts. Just be cautious.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by dulyoncourt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only moisturizer that will not make my skin swim in oil. I love the scent. Not a fan of the packaging since I have to get just enough or I have to wash my hand again, scoop more and reapply. I have acne and very oily skin. I bought it after reading the review from Walgreens. No regrets. It works great with makeup too. Just make sure the moisturizer has been absorbed before applying foundation. Sometimes, I would use it to lighten my liquid foundation's texture. Makes applying Revlon Colorstay a breeze if it's mixed together.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mandapanda01

This product is great. It doesn't break me out or make my face greasy which is a big bonus for me! A lot of moisturizers I've used have done nothing nothing but make my oily t-zone worse. This gel texture soaks right into my skin and doesn't leave a film over my face. It applies the perfect amount of moisture and smells amazing (just like all garnier products). You only have to use a little and for the more dry-skinned people, garnier has come out with another version of this that's more heavy duty. I haven't tried it out, but it's worth a shot!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by SupremeMushroom

This burned my skin and made it very inflamed. People also told me that my skin looked red. :( I would not recommend it for the sensitive skinned.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This is an excellent moisturizer. Love the refreshing cool feeling, the fact that it's oil free and the smell of cucumber. The only downside is that I don't think it had anything in it to actually improve your skin texture like some of the higher end moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by macprobossychik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and when I started using this moisturizer I forgot about my other ones. I love that it doesn't leave a greasy film over my already oily face. The gel just gets absorbed and leaves my face feeling refreshed. I use this in the morning and at night. Now the package is what I don't like. Maybe because I feel like its being contaminated by being in a tub....it definitely should have been in a tube where the product can be squeezed out or with a pump. Other than that, this is my HG moisturizer.