April 16, 2014 | 1397 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Shimmer Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Glides on great, the color selection is good too, purple and green are my fav, and it has its own pencil sharpner all for $1.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have this in Twinkle teal, Gunmetal and Plum. Considering how cheap they are these are nice but I'm sure you could find better alternatives for a dollar or two more. They glide on really easily but they are hard to sharpen because they are so creamy so the tip is always a little wider than I would want it to be and it's hard to make a thin line. The pigmentation is really good in most (especially the teal one). I can't comment on their lasting power, they lasts on me but I don't have oily lids.
The packaging is really cheap though, it's nice that the cap has a sharpener (which works really well actually) but it keeps falling off so it's not such a great idea to put it in your make-up bag. Hm..I was going to give this product three stars but now that I think about it, I got these at 50% off and for that price they are quite amazing actually and you won't find anything cheaper that would also work better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have this in 'Boldly Bronze' - golden brown with shimmer. The texture is soft and creamy, but as an eyeliner it smudges like crazy!! I've tried this several times and each time end up with streaks around my eyes. However, because of the creamy formula, it works rather well as a base for eyeshadow (when you want to intensify a particular colour), but you must use a primer or else it will crease! It comes with a sharpener on the lid which I found to be a bit useless as it didn't sharpen so well. The pencil also breaks/smears easily upon sharpening. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I have this in black. Due to the almost nonexistent shimmer, this looks more charcoal. It lasted all day and did not smudge or transfer to my crease. I also appreciate that it came with it's own sharpener so it would be great for travel. I don't know about the other colors, but the black is worth a try! I'll be buying again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ive got this in purple and green. The colors are really pretty. But these pencils have supercrappy lasting power!! The color faded after 30 minutes! And after 2 hours the color was almost gone. Wont buy again..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I got the green and the teal in these. They look very nice but as others have said,they smudge very easily. Of course, most cream eyeliners do, so I don't feel like I wasted my money. Downside, the green isn't as dark as I wanted. It does look deeper in the picture but the shimmer lightens it up on the skin. Still, fun, but it'll never be professional quality at this price. I'm good with just having some fun for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by klamont9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No, no, no, no! I bought the black bandit and I swatched it on the back of my hand.. it was off in 3 seconds. It's pretty and I like the concept but if it weren't a dollar I would be pissed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the gunmetal shade in the shimmer eye liner. I really like the colour as it's a metallic shimmery deep gray that is quite pigmented. As an upper lash eyeliner (set with shadow) or as a base for shadows I really like this product as it holds up really well. (I do wear an eyelid primer underneath) Applied to my lower lash line it just smudges and migrates like crazy, but that is a problem I have with a lot of liners. Overall a surprisingly decent product for such an economical price and I love the concept of having a built-in pencil sharpener. Seriously genius and kudos to E.L.F for doing that!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

Bought this in purple, very pretty colour, but washing it off at the end if the day left me with dark pink stains from the pigment. It looked like I had hayfever eyes! Won't buy this again, though the cream liner in the pots works fine for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by glittered123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a package with other elf eyeliners. I actually like this eyeliner, because the colour shows upp really nice, and because it has glitter in it. I dislike that the cap dosent completely cover the eyeliner, and when you sharpen it, in stays in the shapener, its hard to take out, so its bad, because germs just collect. Other than that, the eyeliner is good.