July 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Pumpkin0525

I am not the type to write comments about products but I feel that this product has been unfairly bashed. I was fearful after reading all the scary comments but proceeded to use it tonight anyways. Have long hair and I am SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. To those who 'have thrown up from the smell of step one'.....may I recommend that you do not visit Europe, Asia, South America nor any of the Islands. The smell is NOT that bad at all and my hair no longer has that smell after blowdrying it. Granted, if my hair falls out tomorrow ~~ I will update my comments and sue Garnier. I will definately buy this again!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mill6389

Using this product was the worst thing I haver ever done to my hair and one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made! My hair was just slightly damaged before...maybe a few split ends here and there.... before I used this (probably about 4 months ago) but LOOKED very healthy and shiny. It was slightly wavy if I let it air dry... which was my problem. It wasn't wavy enough to look nice air dried, but too wavy to be straight. So I thought I'd try this to see if it'd help it straighten out better if I didn't want to blow dry it.

I now have the most damaged, brittle, frizzy, unruly, tangly hair you could possibly imagine. It has NO natural wave left in it, and when I blow dry it, not only is it bone straight, it is A HUGE, fluffy, nasty straight afro. It's SO hard to comb when it's wet because it's SO tangly (I've never had a problem with tangles in my LIFE) I

My hairdresser said it was so brittle that she barely even touched scissors to it and my hair just broke off. I'd say over half of my head is full of split ends now, or ends that are ready to break off. I have a chunk of hair in an underneath section that just fell out mid-shaft. Like...the rest of my hair is past my shoulders and this chunk is maybe like 5 inches long. It's terrible. Horrifying. It is especially upsetting because I'd had pretty short hair for about seven years and just started to grow it out about a year ago and it had been going great before I decided to use this product. I have tried many many many things to remedy the effects and if nothing helps, I'm just going to have to chop my hair off and start over. I am so devastated. Please, no one use this product! It's not worth it!

I would like to make a side note...that all of the other Garnier products I have tried are wonderful. Their shampoos and Conditioners are so great for the price, and the Sleek & Shine Smoothing Milk has been an essential product of mine (and a LOT of my friends) for over 2 years now. So this is not company bashing....this specific product is just SO bad that I can't stand for it to be on the shelves any longer, let alone have anyone else experience what I am now with my hair which used to be my pride and glory! I wish the company would do something about customers that have complained.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by marizzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So, I put this stuff in my hair today and i got on here and decided to read some reviews as it was processing in my hair. THANK GOD I got on here, as soon as I saw all the horrible reviews about hair falling out and all this other stuff I immediatly jumped up and washed it out. My hair feels really dehydrated but nothing unusual. I'm going to use the smoothing creme and see if I notice anything.

UPDATE!
it completely ruined my hair. it is so fried and brittle and is falling out. I called garnier and they are paying for three reconstructor treatments and a haircut. please girls, do not use this ity is NOT worth it. oh and I have long hair that has taken me years to grow out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by jerristanford

Ruined my hair. This is the worst thing I have ever tried! It has been almost 4 mts. since I used it and my hair is just now starting to look healthy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Cat2772

I used this on my light blond hair back in October. Almost 4 months later, my hair is a disgusting mess of brittle hay. This is the worst product i have ever used in my entire life. What was once soft, healthy and shiny hair has been reduced to a haystack. I have tried at least 25 different deep conditioners, reconstructors, you name it. NOTHING has helped to rid the god-awful effects of this so-called hair product. If you dont want hair that is: (1) damaged beyond repair; (2) brittle and dull; (3) easily breakable upon touch; (4) susceptible to falling out (YES); and (5) an overall MESS, i suggest you steer far away from this POS product. 4 months and my hair has not gotten any better, and even perhaps gotten worse. Garnier is a joke, and so is this crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by prink

So I bought this product 2 weeks ago and finally decided to apply it last Sunday as I did not have time to follow all the steps. The product has two sub-products that come in a nice packaging which serves its purpose of fooling unsuspecting consumers. I have always had frizzy, curly and thick hair. However, it is not stubborn i.e. I can style it by curling or creating waves by using a flat iron but I wanted a quick fix. I must admit I was quite wrong as I have never spent so much time on my hair until I used this product. I blow dried and straightened my hair for at leat 1.5 hours to get the look that the model had on packaging. Honestly, I was not expecting any miracles but my hair did not even look close to the model's hair. I got straw like straight hair which kinda looked unhealthy when compared to my natural curly hair. When I shampooed my hair next day to get rid of the smell, my hair was back to being curly but this time it looked unhealthy and dry. So please stay away from this product. I am not sure if it will work for people with fine hair but the other reviews are not too encouraging either.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lv224

worst product I've ever used on my hair

clumps fell out

tons of breakage

I'm wondering if I will have any hair left next week.

Terrible product ~ DO NOT BUY

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mutleyo

Smells horrible. Thankfully it did not make my hair fall out but it didn't make it look that great either. Can't get the smell out of my nose. I would not use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Jujubee2344

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product in August right after cutting my hair. I do not usually use heat on my hair(99.9% of the time I air dry), deep condition and reg. get my hair cut because I'm trying to grow out my hair. I also have virgin hair. I also use satin pillowcases since it causes less damage to your hair. Yes my hair is babied and yes it was VERY healthy.

Then I used this product because my hair is naturally wavy and since I don't like to style it(I don't like to use heat on my hair) I thought it would be cute to have nicely styled hair for a week. Never again. It caused major breakage and hair to fall out in clumps. My hair is STILL screwed up and now it looks like I have frizzies since some hair is growing back. My hair is thin, damaged and dry. I literally would have to cut off all my barely shoulder length hair to remove the damage after this and it's growing really slowly. I've tried everything to try to recover my hair so if someone has an idea let me know please. I called them and they offered NO HELP except coupons.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by df10701

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It ruined my hair :(