April 17, 2014 | 2073 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Riordanpett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm rating the package quality 4, based on all the burt's bees lip balm products. They're all the same!

I heard about Burt's Bees online. So I simply read all the descriptions under each of the Burt's Bees lip care range, and the Acai Berry one attracted my attention straightaway. Loaded with vitamins A, C, D, E, beeswax, lanolin, omega oils and free radical-fighting antioxidants (even castor oil), made me believe it is the best lip balm ever created, despite all of the useful properties and effective ingredients, it honestly made the other lip balms out on the market look so inferior to it. It was superior.
I went to Boots and bought it.
After a few days and nights using it, it magically transformed my lips. For me, it definitely did what it said on the description. It rejuventated my lips, and improved and smoothed their texture. Took care of them, nourished them and softened them, moisturised and renewed them.
After one hour or less of applying the lip balm, it would dry out, or 'soak into my lips', and I touched my lips after every hour of applying it and they felt smoothed and softened. Nourished and renewed. And overall, rejuvenated.

I recommend this lip balm for someone who wants daily usage of a lip balm, someone who wants their lips to be renewed and rejuvenated. Someone who wants their lips to feel moisturised and 'just-licked', then to soak into the lips and make them feel so soft, smooth and nourished, as an after-effect.
I've tried the most popular Burt's Bees lip balm/product, the beeswax one, with the peppermint scent, and must I say, this one is so superior to that one.
The other doesn't do much of what it describes it would do. (Although it's a very, very good lip balm!!)

I would recommend this balm to everyone who reads this review.

***And if you haven't got the Burt's Bees Acai Berry Lip Balm, GET IT***

You won't regret my recommendation. Not once. Not never!
Go Acai Berry! Go Best Burt's Bees!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ally187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

all i can say is ew! i went to walgreens to buy this and i tried it in the car and returned it....it smells like the flinstone vitamins! YUCK!!! i love burt's bees products i'm not a big fan of the original, because i dont like the pepermint oil in it. but i love the honey, pomongrante, mango, and passionfruit spf8. ill stick to all those.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update: This lip balm doesn't do a DAMN thing. Seriously. My lips look a little better but not because of this, just cause I got over my cold. It does NOTHING for lines, doesn't feel moisturizing... I would only suggest it if you have already healthy lips which want a bit of sheen without gloss. Oh and smell, I love. Yes it's kinda sweet, medicinal, vitaminy, but those are qualities I like. I am not very sensitive to smells anyways.

Original: Not impressed. I love the Pomegranate one though. The texture of this one is thinner and creamier? which I guess should be a good thing, but I actually like the thicker one more. Right now I'm in probably the worst cold of my life and my lips look/feel like they are literally splitting apart and it's the only symptom which has not improved yet. I don't know if it's cause this lip balm did nothing or if it's just making the problem worse. I can definitely say it's only for healthy lips to start with. Gives nice sheen though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MoniqueJung

A good lip balm although it does smell like chewable vitamins :/ The only reason why I gave it 3 lippies is because there's something in this lip balm (I don't know which ingredient) that's making the skin about my upper lip a pinkish color. My friend who also has sensitive skin on the skin above her upper lip said the same thing happened to her when using Burt's Bees lip balms. I think I'm going to stick to my EOS or just the regular & classic chapstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this lip balm! It is so smooth and soft! It really keeps my lips moisturized in winter! I got this in a 2 pack for $5! LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by aperfectdisplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the original and am a fan of acai but this is way too slick and glossy and tastes like chewable children's tylenol. My boyfriend won't kiss me with this on :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by RachelOaktree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product and as soon as I put it on I was in love with the smell, which is a much more pleasant scent than the Pomegranate Burt's Bees. It feels great on my lips, very soft and light :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell was overwhelming, like uber sugary Sweet Tarts. I had it on for about a half hour before I was thoroughly nauseated and wiped it off. When I returned it to Walgreens, even the clerk said it smelled terrible. I'll stick with the pomegranate one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by LaFenikkusu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lip balm was great for me. I have really chapped, dry lips and the first time I used this my lips already looked rejuvenated and moist. This lip balm does what it says it does, and I'm glad. In Canada it's about 4-5 dollars but it's worth it.The balm goes on smoothly and it smells amazing. It smells like Fruit Roll Ups! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by princesstabitha