Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, beeswax, aroma (flavor)*, castor seed oil, lanolin, euterpe oleracea fruit oil**, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, soybean oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool *natural flavor **acai berry

on 10/27/2011 1:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this variety of Burt's Bees lip balm because it was included in a lot of Pomegranate Oil balms I purchased on Ebay (12 new for the price of one at the store!). While the Pomegranate remains my favorite, I like this one too. The fruity and vaguely herbal scent is mild and inoffensive (unlike Burt's Bees honey lip balm - ugh!), and goes on clear. But for some reason this one doesn't moisturize as well as the other. The texture is a bit thicker and slightly waxy, not as smooth and soft. I have to put on a lot more to get the level of moisture I like, causing the product to build up a bit. There is little if any shine from this, but it is a balm rather than a gloss. All in all, I'm rather ambivalent about it. There's nothing really wrong with it, but nothing I dislike either. I have no problem using it, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again. If it's included in a lot of lip balms like before, then yes, I suppose I would get it then. Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but not a stinging condemnation either.

on 10/2/2011 3:45:00 PM

My favourite of the Burts Bees lip balms. Does what it says and I prefer it because it hasn't got the mint. I use it daily and also under my lipstick.

on 8/21/2011 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This lip balm is soothing, super moisturizing, and long lasting. It's not tingly like the peppermint Burt's Bees I had used for years, which makes it much more useful in my opinion. It smells nice, tastes nice, and the packaging is quality. One of the first things I reach for each day.

on 8/15/2011 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love the smell and the packaging, but unfortunately it does absolutely nothing for my lips. They are as dry and cracked as ever despite using this lip balm multiple times a day.
I should probably also mention that I am quite sensitive to lip balms and tend to have a bad reaction to a lot of them.

on 6/13/2011 8:14:00 PM

Such a lovely smell! I always grab it just to smell it:) Everyone should also try the lipbalm with passionfruit or mango butter. They give such moisture and even better its all natural!

on 5/25/2011 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Within seconds of putting this on, it feels like it just soaked thru my lips. I feel like I constantly have to re-apply because it "fades" really quickly.

I use this balm over lipsticks and sometimes when I'm staying at home, but if i'm going to be in the sun or (definitely) in the winter time, I will use a much stronger lip product.

It doesn't seem to do the job for me..although my lips do feel softer, its not fully moisturized.

on 5/2/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Does what it says "Soothing, Hydrating, Reviving. I really love all the burts bees lip balms. I have tried so many chap sticks and I can't seem to find one that actually works. I have heard that some lip balms really just dry your lips out so that you buy more... marketing scams. But I must say I fell in love with burts bees lippies!

on 4/20/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm rating the package quality 4, based on all the burt's bees lip balm products. They're all the same!

I heard about Burt's Bees online. So I simply read all the descriptions under each of the Burt's Bees lip care range, and the Acai Berry one attracted my attention straightaway. Loaded with vitamins A, C, D, E, beeswax, lanolin, omega oils and free radical-fighting antioxidants (even castor oil), made me believe it is the best lip balm ever created, despite all of the useful properties and effective ingredients, it honestly made the other lip balms out on the market look so inferior to it. It was superior.
I went to Boots and bought it.
After a few days and nights using it, it magically transformed my lips. For me, it definitely did what it said on the description. It rejuventated my lips, and improved and smoothed their texture. Took care of them, nourished them and softened them, moisturised and renewed them.
After one hour or less of applying the lip balm, it would dry out, or 'soak into my lips', and I touched my lips after every hour of applying it and they felt smoothed and softened. Nourished and renewed. And overall, rejuvenated.

I recommend this lip balm for someone who wants daily usage of a lip balm, someone who wants their lips to be renewed and rejuvenated. Someone who wants their lips to feel moisturised and 'just-licked', then to soak into the lips and make them feel so soft, smooth and nourished, as an after-effect.
I've tried the most popular Burt's Bees lip balm/product, the beeswax one, with the peppermint scent, and must I say, this one is so superior to that one.
The other doesn't do much of what it describes it would do. (Although it's a very, very good lip balm!!)

I would recommend this balm to everyone who reads this review.

***And if you haven't got the Burt's Bees Acai Berry Lip Balm, GET IT***

You won't regret my recommendation. Not once. Not never!
Go Acai Berry! Go Best Burt's Bees!

on 4/10/2011 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

all i can say is ew! i went to walgreens to buy this and i tried it in the car and returned it....it smells like the flinstone vitamins! YUCK!!! i love burt's bees products i'm not a big fan of the original, because i dont like the pepermint oil in it. but i love the honey, pomongrante, mango, and passionfruit spf8. ill stick to all those.

on 4/3/2011 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Update: This lip balm doesn't do a DAMN thing. Seriously. My lips look a little better but not because of this, just cause I got over my cold. It does NOTHING for lines, doesn't feel moisturizing... I would only suggest it if you have already healthy lips which want a bit of sheen without gloss. Oh and smell, I love. Yes it's kinda sweet, medicinal, vitaminy, but those are qualities I like. I am not very sensitive to smells anyways.

Original: Not impressed. I love the Pomegranate one though. The texture of this one is thinner and creamier? which I guess should be a good thing, but I actually like the thicker one more. Right now I'm in probably the worst cold of my life and my lips look/feel like they are literally splitting apart and it's the only symptom which has not improved yet. I don't know if it's cause this lip balm did nothing or if it's just making the problem worse. I can definitely say it's only for healthy lips to start with. Gives nice sheen though.

Popular Lip Treatments