Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

In love with this. An old product but it will always be a classic! Comes with a range of warm neutral shades, perfect for any skin tone and anyone starting off with makeup. The eyeshadows are so wonderfully creamy and buttery- a dream to blend. Endless colour combinations, can be worn during the daytime through nighttime. The shadows are generally long-wearing, but I personally always use a primer. I have had this palette for around half a year now and I have not hit pan, considering how much I use it! A downside would be the shimmery shades having quite a bit of fall out, but if applied carefully and dabbed rather than sweeped- there should be very little to none. Also comes with a handy double sided brush, sampled of UD's Primer Potion (in different shades and types) and mirror in the palette which is another reason why this would be a great purchase for someone starting off with makeup. Pricey at 44 (price it was when I bought it) but worth the price considering the quality and longevity.

Favourite shades:
-Buck (matte)
-Smog (shimmer)
-Hustle (satin)

PROS:
-easy to blend shadows
-endless combinations for any makeup look
-comes with a double sided eye brush
-lasts for a long time

CONS:
-fall out if not applied carefully
-pricey
-would love if there were more matte shadows

My mom purchased this a while back but NEVER used it. She lost it but them found it a week ago in the basement. She gave it to me. I tried it on and was surprised that the pigmentation was still there as good as when you first buy it. This product is amazing and you can either make a smokey effect out of this palette or just a neutral look. I am absolutely in love with it. The only thing I didn't like was the price. It's ridiculous. $56 is a bit too much. But if I run out, I will possibly repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the dark colours in this palette as I normally prefer darker shadows. This is a nice one in that aspect. However, my eyes itch every time I use UD eye make up and leave some ugly dry patches on my skin afterwards... What a shame.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This was my first makeup palette, so it does hold a sentimental value to some degree. However, it isn't my favorite eyeshadow formula so I did sell it. The shadows aren't that pigmented to me and even with a primer/base, they melt off quickly or turn into one shade on my eyelid (they are oily!). I prefer the Lorac Pro Palette. I even tried to buy it again and I disliked it the second time. It's simply not worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this pallet for a while. My mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I can't believe I've never done a review. The only color I've hit pan on is the one called "Virgin" because I use that one on my brow bone all the time. These colors are highly pigmented and some of them have glitter. I really love this pallet and I'll try to use most of them up before buying another version of the Naked pallets from UD. There's so many to choose from now! I use the colors "Naked" "Half Baked" and "Side Car" very often. I also use "Creep" as my eyeliner sometimes when I don't feel like applying actual eyeliner. This is worth the money, I believe and I still have the full-sized flat brush it came with. If I recall correctly, it came with a travel size sample of the famous UD primer potion (which I adore). I'd recommend this pallet, especially if you like neutral, shimmery colors.

My everyday palette! The packaging I don't care for much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My best friend brought me this palette for Christmas and I absolutely love it! I use it almost every day and I get so many compliments on my eye makeup when I'm wearing it. I use all of the colours apart from gunmetal, its a bit too grey for me.
The colours in this palette are beautiful and all really versatile. My personal favourites are smog, half baked, virgin, creep, darkhorse, sidecar and sin.
I prefer the more shimmery colours rather than the glitters as I find some fall out happens with the glitter shadows.
In the UK, this palette retails for 39 which I think for the quality, is very reasonable. The brush that comes with the palette is also really lovely.
I have very oily eyelids so I wear the primer potion and a cream eye shadow underneath as these help the product last, as well as really making the colour pop.
I've already decided that when I hit pan on any of the eye shadows, I'm going to buy a new one as a back up, just so I know I won't have to be without it (lol).
Definitely worth the money!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this! 12 nude shades. Matte and shimmer to create an amazing combination of looks. The powders are well pigmented and easily blendable and feel silky to apply.
The added brush in the palette is a bonus too and it's good for applying, blending and smudging.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the velvety palette. I find it gets grubby easily.I'd rather it be metal like the Naked 2 or 3, but that's just aesthetics really. It doesn't affect the product at all.

There's a reason this product is popular: it's simply because it is THAT good.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i Love all the colors in this eye shadow pallet , it goes with every thing i wear , you can smokey eye and you can make it look natural , bought all 3 of them .

My favorite high end palette! When I worked at a hotel cleaning rooms, this was the palette I kept seeing in the guests rooms. I can see why. For someone that loves warm colors, this is perfect. It has a matte transition color (Naked) and a crease color (Buck) a nice highlight color (Virgin or could even use Sin) and then other stand out colors to use on the lid (like Half Baked) or as liner on the bottom lash (like Creep). It is pretty versatile on its own but also pairs well with other palettes since it has most of the basic textures and colors, making it very user friendly. It is good especially for people that are newer to eyeshadow or who like these types of very wearable, every day colors. The shadows wear well with primer even with my oily lids, and while there is fallout while applying the shadows, I don't find that I get fallout throughout the day, which is great. On me they might fade after a number of hours, but they are usually still vibrant, especially when paired with a cream base.

I do wish there was a matte darker color (like there is in the Naked 2) but overall, I think they have the right amount of matte shades to shimmer shades.

I could do without the velvet plush on the outside, since it attracts powder and dust, but I prefer this packaging to the tins of the other Naked palettes, since I find the cardboard more sturdy. The brush that comes along with it is okay - I don't often use the fluffy side, but the narrow side I use to apply colorpop shadows.

Overall, I would say this palette is for someone who likes warm, shimmery colors, or someone that wants a wearable palette.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804