November 25, 2014 | 1745 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by stellay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave this foundation a try when I spotted it on clearance pricing at Target. My mom has been using this foundation for a couple of years and seems to like it enough considering her consistent usage of this product. I'm now in my early 30s and am starting to appreciate more of the anti-aging properties in beauty products, including this foundation. This provides buildable medium to full coverage. I'd say the finish is semi-matte at first and then tends to verge into dewy territory hours later without any touch-ups. I actually don't mind the slight radiant finish my face has later in the day or night with this foundation because my complexion appears supple and radiant. I'm quite happy with this foundation and would recommend it to anyone who is seeking a reasonably priced foundation that gives medium to full coverage to skin that is starting to show slight signs of aging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by swpalady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This foundation makes my skin look wonderful! I set it with True Match powder and it wears all day. For those that say it's too heavy looking, you have to apply foundation with a cosmetic sponge not your fingers. That way you can apply it as sheer as you want. I've been using Maybelline Mineral Power for years because I didn't like liquid foundations but this foundation is making me change my mind about that.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by sgomez47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is so creamy... I apply it with a flat top sonia kashuk brush and my skin looks like velvet!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I purchased this in shade 157 which was the darkest shade available in Canada.

My reasons for purchasing this were that my skin was extremely dry and no foundation would 'stick'. They were all fading/dissolving or highlighting dry patches.

Unfortunately the color was too dark/gray looking and did leave a white-ish cast, even though it was too dark. This is likely due to the SPF, and would not want to be wearing this for taking any pics, especially flash photography.

My skin is usually quite oily, but is dry due to cold weather at the moment. This would not be suitable for anything other than dry, dry/combination, or normal-dry skin types IMO.

In addition to my skin being dry, I currently have some active breakouts including some that are in the process of healing. Nightmarish skin.

I removed my makeup and applied this straightaway, and I have to say, upon removing it a few hours later, my skin was EXTREMELY calmed down and somewhat healed. I did not use any other skin care products that I don't normally use, so whatever serum they claim is in this product, really is in it! And I can vouch for the fact that it is good for your skin.

I did want to try the next shade up, because I was so impressed with what it did for my skin with only a couple hours of wear, but it was sold out. Instead, I purchased the compact version which is MUCH creamier and definitely only for very dry, dry, and maybe combination-dry skin types. It doesn't have the serum but has hyaluronic acid. I am not experiencing the same 'healing' results with this one and my preference would be to have gotten the liquid formula in the right shade.

I can't really address the wear time of this makeup since I did not wear it for a full day, but as always, I set with a powder and it was still on 4-5 hours later. It definitely 'set' and will wore much longer than the compact version.

Coverage-wise I would say it's moderate. It's definitely not light coverage, as I have some dark post-acne marks and it managed to cover them up pretty well. It is less coverage than Revlon Colorstay which is what I was previously using.

For reference, I purchased shade 157 and am NC42/c40 and Revlon Colorstay Golden Caramel, medium-deep tan skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by DLYNN

I purchased this product for the anti-aging ingredients in the formula. When it comes to color, most foundations I have tried are either too orange, too pink or somewhat ashy but in this case I lucked out. Unfortunately, the product left my face feeling slightly itchy all day. It also never really set right, causing it to smudge on my cell phone. It felt and looked more cakey/oily than dewy right from the start and no amount of pressed powder would mattify my face (which normally isn't greasy). As time went on it settled into the places I wanted to minimize --- so much for a "visible lift". It is among the few foundations I have ever actually returned after just one use. Although I remain open minded, I have not had good luck with L'Oreal foundations in general; unfortunately this was no exception.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by gabiomom

I am glad I was able to rate this product on two different parts!

First off - I love(d) this foundation! I am 50 with average skin, no age spots, no wrinkles or weird stuff going on. I don't like heavy makeup at all. I bought this on the recommendation of a friend. I put it on with a damp makeup sponge and It wore well all day and didn't look heavy or cakey. I liked the natural look and feel of it.

That said - I WILL NOT BUY IT AGAIN! Not until L'Oreal fixes the issue with the pump. I bought a bottle and used it ONCE. The pump completely quit working. I thought it was a fluke and took it back for an exchange. I managed to use this bottle THREE times before the pump quit again. I e-mailed a complaint to the company and I could see that this was an ongoing issue for many people. It's a shame since I liked the product itself. I don't feel like "worrying over a foundation bottle" should be something I need to do, so....I'll be studying the boards here for a bit to see which direction to head next for foundation......Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. The coverage is medium and buildable. The texture is very smooth, which makes it easy to apply, although I need to powder after to make sure it stays in place. The only con is that this foundation doesn't last as long on my skin as Estee Lauder Double Wear, and I probably won't be able to wear this one in the summer. The finish is soft matte, but I don't find that it controls oil well throughout the day. So I would recommend this to dry-normal skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

not a bad foundation for people who have some amount of warmth or pinkness/paleness. i like the texture and finish of this foundation but the only problem is i could not find a good shade for my light/ medium olive tone skin. i started at sun beige- too dark with orangy cast. then moved on up each shade, but all contrast this orangy cast, untill i made it to buff beige (the lighter one) no orange cast, but i looked like a walking corspe!!!!! it odd there is not a lot of color choices for those with deep skin tones or olive tones.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I first put this on I LOVED it. I wore it on NYE & it photographed well. After a few hours I noticed it was patchy near my chin & made all the fine lines around my eyes VERY noticeable & I really dont have that many. This is a bummer because I really wanted to like this & find a great drugstore product. Im NC20 & 144 was a perfect color match. I bought Lumi as well so I'll see how that one goes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. I had bought the l'oreal infallible foundation in the past but broke out like crazy so I avoided this one. It hasn't turned on me yet. The coverage is pretty great. Not a very natural finish though. I would wear a moisturizer underneath it especially for under the eyes. Lots of color options for pale skin. Doesn't oxidize on skin.