LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 11/8/2011 1:37:00 AM

I've been using this every day since I got it and also bought one for my mum (she loves it too). So far I've only used it as a lip balm but can definitely see myself using it for other things if the need arises. I've always had very dry lips and they get really bad especially with changing seasons. This and Lush's lip scrubs have been the best thing thats ever happened to my lips. I love that this balm only has a few ingredients and actually sinks into my lips instead of just sitting on top of them and it feels like it really is moisturising. You also get soooo much product for only 7.90!

on 7/7/2011 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my hair to smooth the frizz and it works so well plus I feel good knowing its natural and I can use it on my lips as well :)
Its an excellent all purpose balm.
I don't think any balm is particularly moisturizing for lips tho so I only use this on top of moisture as a sealant, it doesn't feel greasy and melts away to leave smooth skin.

on 6/21/2011 7:36:00 AM

not gunna lie... this product.... AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! i have a tin in my bag, one at home and i gave another tin to my grandmother who adores the stuff!!!!!
Uses
-nails and cuticles
-hand moisturizer (i generally use tiny hands and then use this to seal it all in or just this by itself)
-lip balm of course!!
-dry areas around my nose, elbows, knees and heels ( i use a tool to take the balm out when doing heels cause no one wants foot scented ultrabalm ^.^)
-eyebrow placement to keep hairs in check

and im sure ill find more ways to use this!! and ive used it for so many things and theres still so much of it left!! im hooked and will continue to repurchase over and over again and if it is ever discontinued ill be buying all in sight at the local store!! ^.^

this product is AMAZING holy crap. I used to use jojoba oil from the bottle, SO hard and so messy to actually use but ultrabalm solved all my problems!

I use this during winter at night on my face when its really dry, I have super dry skin so its a lifesaver. jojoba oil is supposed to mimic your body's natural oils, so its safe and effective to use if you have super dry, sensitive skin.

its also great, great, great as a lipbalm. the problem i have with some lipbalms is that they actually DRY out your lips sometimes. the ingredients in these balms kind of scare me, since I also have dry, chapped lips (i'm drinking more water i promise!). but anyway, this thing is so good on my lips and i put it on at night after i've exfoliated.

on 5/7/2011 10:59:00 PM

I primarily use this as a lip balm, it is absolutely wonderful for that. I have also used it on my nails/cuticles, to condition my lashes at night, and on any dry patches I might have on my hands, elbows, etc. No, the smell isn't the best but I'm very pleased that there is no added fragrance. I have a mini tin for my purse and a full sized one at home. I won't be without this!

Edit: I just got over a cold and was dealing with the dry, flakey nose of doom that develops from blowing one's nose a million times. This helps TREMENDOUSLY with that and I'm sure had I actually used it when I was blowing my nose the most I wouldn't have had such sore, dry skin on/around my nose.

on 4/29/2011 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this product, period. I am a regular Lush customer and I've heard how Ultrabalm does wonders but I never bothered to purchase it. There was this one day I woke up with a disgusting, noticeable, cut on my bottom lip. Whenever I talked or ate, my lip would bleed. My lips were extremely dry and I had to alternate lipbalms because my lips weren't moisturized. Plus, the cut wasn't healing. I went to Lush, right after my piano lesson and bought a mini sample of Ultrabalm. After trying it, it healed my dry lips + the cut! Since the ingredients are all natural, I am more intrigued to buy this product. Bye, bye Vaseline and hello Ultrabalm!

on 4/28/2011 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Ultrabalm, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

I use it for:
- Lip balm!
- Ultra-moisturizing dry spots around my nose in the winter. I went from chapped beyond repair to luscious and silky in a few days.
- Chafing in the summertime. LITERALLY reconditions skin so it's not even necessary to use it often.
- Making scents last.
- Moisturizing my very dry knees, elbows, and heels.

I looooove Ultrabalm, will never be without it in my house again. I lost my tin in my apartment once and went out the very next day to purchase more. It is a steal for how little is required.

on 4/27/2011 8:06:00 PM

I've been on the hunt for a lip balm that is petroleum free and one that is more natural. This is due to the fact that with chronic and frequent use, we all tend to ingest lip balm/lipsticks regularly.

This is now HG for me. I've only used it on my lips but it sure could do well on cuticles and dry skin. My old standby lipbalm was Kiehl's #5. However, I would always wake up with SUPER dry lips in the AM and dry lips all day. Now, I apply this just before bed and my lips are still soft in the morning. I only use this when at home as it doesn't have any SPF in it.

It is also one of the more natural balms with only three ingredients: organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax and rose wax. Plus - no parabens! (If you don't like musky flavors though, this isn't for you. You can definitely taste the rose factor.)

Due to it's extremely soft texture, it comes in a tin. I usually prefer to have lip balms in a stick form so that I don't have to dip fingers into an increasingly contaminated pot. Given how awesome this balm is, I'll get over it. Depotting into smaller pots makes this more travel/purse friendly.

on 4/23/2011 10:29:00 PM

I really like this product. It's so simple, but it works well. It heals up my chronically chapped lips like nothing else, and is pretty much the only thing that keeps my cuticles in shape. It's made of jojoba oil and two types of wax; for some reason straight jojoba oil doesn't do much for me, but this stuff works wonderfully. It sinks right in and leaves my skin soft, not greasy.

The smell isn't good (smells like wax), but it's not a big issue for an effective product. I bought the sample tin of this for $2 and it's great for keeping in my purse as a lip balm; I'll definitely be going back for the full size.

on 4/13/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This all purpose balm works great as a lip conditioner, I apply it on at night before I go to bed and I wake up with amazingly soft lips. It also works great on elbows and any area needing extra moisture. I have a feeling this will be in my must haves for a very long time!

Popular Lip Treatments