Lancome Tresor In Love

3.8

on 11/8/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My boss, knowing that I have more than a passing interest in fragrance, presented me with a sample of this, saying that her husband was considering buying it for her for their anniversary but she wasn't sure about it. I dumped some on my wrist, expecting the worst, and the worst is what I got.
After a few minutes, I told her that it was so cartoonishly feminine that it seemed like drag, and brought to mind pink embroidered pillows and canopy beds and ruffles. Later, as it became even stronger, pinker, and more chemical, I downgraded my opinion to: a Baby Jane version of femininity, a classless, delusional woman stupidly choosing the pinkest girliest youngest perfume in order to seem youthful and optimistic to others.

Baby Jane nightmare. It's hard to believe the name isn't a joke- it makes Midnight in Paris seem sophisticated. I just want to smash its romantic optimism with an oversized bottle of Dune, or something.

on 10/2/2010 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this a younger version of tresor,I found tresor to be heavy, but tresor in love is alot lighter,and somehow different. don't ignore this perfume just because you didn't like Tresor. you will be surprised.

on 9/29/2010 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this, but it smells exactly like the original Tresor, like the mothballs in my great-great-great grandmother's attic, just not as cloying. I gave it two lippies because the lasting power is good, and if it works with your chemistry it will not offend people and is very suitable to wear during the day.

on 9/26/2010 11:27:00 PM

i prefer light, citrus scents. this is way too floral for me + dries down to a powdery-ness that's sickening for me.

on 9/19/2010 6:18:00 PM

I have smelled Tresor before and thought it was a little too strong for me so I approached Tresor in Love with some hesitation. It is extremely fresh and pretty smelling. Not sultry, musky, spicy or really very floral - just pretty! On me it has a light, sweet peach smell that I don't get sick of quickly. It seems to have some lasting power although it does get very light smelling and you just catch a whiff now and then hours later. It reminds me of Benefit's Maybe Baby so if you like that one you will probably like this too. The bottle is very cute and I did not find the price to be out of line with the product.

on 9/12/2010 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really liked the scent but it fades fast. In less than an hour it was gone.

on 9/5/2010 10:02:00 AM

I read zeynepd's review and I definitely agree with the Ange ou Demon le Secret comparison. It's why I loved this scent so much, because AoD is my favorite.
I liked the peach and rose in this perfume a lot and the package is just adorable. It's very pretty on my desk as decoration too :3

on 8/19/2010 2:46:00 AM

I had never tried a lancome Tresor perfume till today. My first impression of this perfume was "WOW" this is like nothing else I have smelled. I had no other words to explain it... If I hadn't spent 100$ on my Chanel Eau fraiche last week, i would have totally bought it... it is amazing and it lasts a long time on me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I am so glad that Lancome came out with a Tresor fragrance for the younger generation. I have always been sort of a Tresor-phobe because my 80+ year old aunt and her friends wear it and honestly with me being in my mid 20's I really don't want to smell like my elderly aunt and her entourage. But Tresor in Love is a really great spicy scent, it almost smells a little like Lancome's Hypnose to me (I love Hypnose too). So I am for sure willing to adopt this as my new "life scent" reflecting a fresh sassy side of me.

on 8/2/2010 5:50:00 PM

i wore Tresor some time ago and while i liked it, florals is not usually my cup of tea so it was never my total favorite. Just for the hell of it, i tried Tresor in Love and totally love it. Essentially, its Tresor with some added fruit notes which makes it a bit lighter, fruitier and not quite as floral. Notes from Fragrantica: nectarine, bergamot, peach, rose, jasmine, cedar. Rose and peach come though right away, i wasn't not able to distingish another fruit note. Since i like peaches its all good. Here is the weird part-there is no vanilla but drydown smells like vanilla with some fruit. My Hubs concured and said it was nice(quite a statement coming from a guy that hates every perfume i try)
I will test it again before deciding if its FBW but I say this is very well done. Lasting power is pretty good, i was surprised by some comments that it didn't last. It lasted at least 3.5-4 hours on me and i only put on tiniest spritz.
I picture young fashionable woman in her 20s, wearing romantic floral dress-don't ask me why, that's just the image i think fits this frag. Fun, flirty and romantic

Popular Fragrances