October 31, 2014 | 933 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quite liked this mascara as it was mostly waterproof, although when I wear this in a light coat, it wears off by the end of the day. I think that this $5 mascara curls well and gives the same curling result of clinique lash power curling mascara ($16). The only reason I might not repurchase is to try other maybelline mascaras, but the $5 is really worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Cute packaging, very very waterproof, gives me nice curls that stayed all day. It doesn't give me volume or dramatic result like false lashes, but really nice if you want natural curl lashes look.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Not really for me. I have stick straight Asian lashes so when I wear this alone it tends to clump up for me and doesn't give a lot of length. So I like to layer this on top of the Maybelline Volum Express The Colossal in waterproof and it does a little extra length. However wearing it alone spent really do much for my thin fine lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Joxi

I absolutely adore the regular Falsies mascara so I thought I'd try this one since I was looking for a waterproof mascara but I was completely disappointed. It clumps your lashes like nobody's business and it fails to give that beautiful, defined, volumised look that I love The Falsies so much for. It does not add any length and if you can call horrid clumping volume, then it does that. I will not repurchase it and go back to my non-waterproof Falsies that I am so in love with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by x33janelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

OH. MY. GOD. This is the mascara I've been searching for my entire life.

I have Asian monolids and stick-straight, short, stubborn Asian lashes to go with the monolids. In short, I never expected my lashes could EVER look this good.

I've been playing around with other Japanese mascaras, with the rationale that Japanese makeup brands understand my Asian lashes (the eyeliners they make certainly understand my Asian monolids). After going through mascaras like the Fairy Drops in several colours/formulations, both the Kiss Me Heroine mascaras, and even the CG Clump Crusher, I expected my lashes with mascara to always look a certain way. (I was resigned to my natural lashes, basically)

This blew everything out of the water. It gives me unbelievable length, loads of volume, and basically makes my lashes look more incredible than any other mascara ever has. I will keep buying this forever and ever while testing out other mascaras on the side until something better comes along. This even blows Maybelline's The Rocket mascara out of the water!!!

I love this mascara. While mascara is so incredibly personal and different for everyone's lashes, TRY THIS. It's so cheap, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Ldao90

if you have short straight droopy sparse eyelashes and oily eyelids like me, this is the perfect mascara for you. Not only is it cheap and so easily accessible everywhere, it separates your lashes, lengthens them and holds them so well (including those tiny bottom lashes!) Your lashes remain curled all day. Best of all, because it's waterproof, it doesn't smudge at all, yet it's quite easily come off if you use a good eye makeup remover. I've tried other waterproof mascaras and have to say this is one of the easiest ones to take off.

The only thing I didn't like about this mascara is the brush - it's crappy looking and when you slap it on your lashes, the application feels weird, as though you are not putting mascara on at all. But it's the result that matters, isn't it!

Overall, highly recommended, would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really don't like this mascara. I have naturally long lashes, so most mascaras work pretty well for me. The only issue I run into often is smudging, as I have dry under eyes that I moisturize well, causing transfer, and also the length makes it easy to transfer on my lids.
This mascara, however, I can't get to work for me. It's way too watery for my taste (maybe it will get better as it dries up a bit), and so I feel like I can't build volume. I try to put it on a thin coat at a time, let it dry a bit, comb, and repeat, but I still get clumping. I can't really get length, either, without getting those weird ends that point in the wrong directions, which is unusual for me. I don't feel like it's waterproof, either, and it transfers all over the place.
The brush seems to work okay, and maybe I would like it better with another formula of mascara.
I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Freshpink29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's ok. I put it on my upper lashes and it smudges underneath my eyes but if I comb it out after applying it's better. Pretty good and volumnizing. Will not repurchase, want to find one with better staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite mascaras for the simple reason that it delivers exceptionally well. Once you get the hang of applying it, you will experience long, lush doll-like lashes without the spidery mess. It has fiber extensions like the better lengthening mascaras out there. However, its formula is wet enough to be buildable so you can layer it on to produce amazing lengths. Also, it is not gunky and messy like other fiber mascaras in the market. This makes it a joy to use. The black pigment is nicely dark and opaque. The brush is big and has a built-in flex so you can really reach from root to tip while coaxing a proper curl. It does not flake and has good staying power. Also, it does not have an off-putting scent. Lastly, it is reasonably priced for the quality of lashes it yields.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

I like this mascara but it's just above average. It gave me volume but it clumped a little. My on gripe about this product is that it makes my curl drop... Like it was too wet and heavy for my medium length lashes. I prefer the Maybelline's Great Lash Lots Of Lashes over this.