Ecotools 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

4.4

on 9/10/2012 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

In addition to everyone else's glowing comments about these brushes I want to add that the short handles are a godsend to the extremely myopic (namely me). I have to apply makeup holding a mirror very close to my face and these cute little brushes allow me to do that much more easily than most other brushes. Granted, I currently own a gazillion brushes and love them all but these little cuties are just so easy to work with. Also very well made, don't shed, cruelty free, soft, go back to their original shape after washing. Oh, and did I say cute?

on 9/10/2012 12:54:00 PM

I bought this a while ago at a grocery store on sale, but had not really used it until recently.

Now I have started to dabble in make-up and specifically smokey eyes and darker, blended styles. These brushes are really all I need to do that. The only other brush I use is an eyeliner brush. I will note that I have never really used any other brushes since I just started seriously experimenting with higher quality make up and such.

Here are the brushes and my take on each one (largest to smallest):

Blend: I use it to blend and it does a good job.

Crease: I do not use this one as much, but if I want a light sweep of color I will use it and then occasionally to blend as well.

Highlight: I pretty much use it to highlight on my brow bone and then at the inner corner of my eye. I use a lot of dark colors so this tends to be my light color brush. It is a bit big for the more precise application, but it works okay.

Shade: I use this the most. Generally I use it to pat on and apply the dark colors. I can use the shape to create the V or wing on the outside corner as well. My favorite of the set.

Smudge: Honestly, I do not use this much at all. I really just have not had a chance and have not really thought to use it when I do smudge. I tend to just use the Shade brush.

Some general notes on the brushes: The bristles are quite soft, but also the right amount of stiff. They seem to pick up color well. I like the overall sizes as well. The do not take up a lot of space and would fit nicely in my purse.

I really like the little case. It keeps everything neat and keeps me from having to search for brushes in my make up kit.

Overall, I will definitely be purchasing more brushes from Ecotools.

on 8/31/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Very impressed by this drugstore brand. Granted, I'm not claiming to be a brush connoisseur. But I have owned some MAC and other high end brushes before, and I honestly can't tell the difference between the feeling of their brush hairs and Ecotools brush hairs. I love that these are travel sized and can be neatly stored away in the handy pouch provided and thrown in my makeup bag or purse. I wish more companies would come out with travel eye brush kits.

I am a hard-core faithful of the daily cut crease look, so having the right cut of brushes is crucial. Using Inglot's 107R shadow, I use the smudge brush to cut the crease with my darkest color. The shading brush is used for the lid color. The highlight brush is used as for the medium color to deepen the crease further and blend out the cut crease line. Then I use the large blend brush with the lightest, taupey color to blend everything together. The crease brush is sometimes put to use to contour the sides of my nose or highlight smaller areas.

You can literally use these however you want, doesn't have to be according to what they labeled each brush's use.

In terms of softness, I would say these have a medium stiff-soft feeling. They don't feel as wirey as elf's brushes, but maybe not as ultra soft as Japonesque. I haven't used them long enough to see if there is significant fall-out in bristles or if they break after use, but I will update.

on 8/26/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got this at rite aid for 7.99 (Walgreens is more expensive) by the recommendation of a few ladies on the board. I love these things. I believe that the short handle helps you get a good grip and better movement when applying shadows. The brushes can be used for things other than stated (I.e the blending brush for highlighting). The bristles are soft and blend shadow like magic. I noticed no shedding after washing them twice. The holder is pretty cool but because of the light color, has a habit of getting dirty. If you get a chance, try the mini 5 piece face kit. It's awesome as well.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this yesterday at Walmart for 7 dollars. The brushes are good quality but they're kind of awkward. The shading brush is small but some of the others are huge. But it does work. You just have to get used to it :)

on 8/1/2012 10:21:00 PM

I bought these brushes on amazon for like 6 bucks and it was totally worth it :) theres 5 brushes and a little bag/wrap (but u probly already know that lol) They are these cute little bamboo handled brushes with white bristles with brown ends and theyre short brushes so they'll fit pretty much anywhere and theyre perfect for touching up in a hurry. And a plus is that theyre greener than most other ones :) One thing I will say is that I dont use the brushes for their specific use (each handle is labeled for a specific use). For example, the biggest brush says its for blending but I use it as a big shader and the highlighting one is better as a blending brush lol but maybe thats just me being wierd. Hope this helped!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this set since I wanted to have few smaller eye brushes to go in my morning makeup bag. These brushes are short in their length, but the Blend, Highlight and the Crease brushes' heads are SO big! Bigger than normal brushes. So you can't really apply eye shadows accurately with them. I've also found the Shade brush to be too small for anything but applying a light shadow in the inner C of the eye. The Smudge brush was too itchy to use around the eye area... The Blend brush even lost some hairs, and that was a big turn off for me...
BUT- I've found out that if I use them differently they do a pretty nice job so overall I did find use for them all and after the first not so good impression I had on them, I started liking them.
I use the Blend brush as a highlight brush.
I use the Highlight brush as a crease brush- it's perfect to blend shadows in that area.
I use the smudge brush to conceal tiny areas.
I use the crease brush as a shade brush, even though it is a little too big for that.
I use the shade brush to apply highlighter in the inner C of the eye.

The brushes are "green" and the case is really comfortable to carry while traveling. They are also soft and nice to hold.

So- Not a "must have", not even "good to have", but OK to have.

on 7/14/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've had this kit for about 6 months now and I utilize every single brush in it! I wish I could have these in full size brushes but I have to admit that the shorter handles are great for more precise e/s application, you can get a lot closer to the mirror without fear of bumping into it and poking your eye out.

They're very soft, great quality, even better than the crown brushes I have and they've not shed yet! They dry very quickly and most of them keep their shape, the only one that hasn't is the angled blending brush and it's only a little splayed (barely noticeable) but I think that might be because I use a lot of pressure (probably more than I should) when I blend out the crease. It still works like new so it's not a big deal, especially at this price! I think I'm going to buy two more of these, one to keep with my other brushes when these are dirty, and another set to take with me when I travel. Absolutely adore the little pouch it comes in but I have a brush roll that I use when I travel, so while I can see someone getting a lot of use of the tiny brush pouch, I don't really need it.

The only thing this is missing is an angled liner brush, but that's forgivable given that not all liners require a brush. Definitely recommend these. [n/m]

on 4/26/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I use these every day! I not only recommend them but am actually going to purchase another today because I often find myself in need of a clean brush and don't want to use any others. They are good quality, affordable, don't shed, super soft and eco friendly! Can't ask for more! I think ULTA is having a bogo1/2off sale right now if you are interested in trying them, now is the time (today is 4/26/12).

on 2/25/2012 2:11:00 PM

This post is for yellow7.... I live in Toronto and just recently saw them at Pharma Plus

Popular Makeup Brushes