December 22, 2014 | 927 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by lhaggard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Way too dark for me! I have fair skin and this was horrible. That is my primary complaint, but even if it had been a good color for me, it settled into my fine lines! One of the selling points of this product is that it will sit on top of your fine lines. "Ageless" is in the title! Yet, it accentuated all the little lines under my eyes, and I don't even have that many. The skin under my eyes is VERY thin and delicate (more-so than most others') and this looked pretty dry and cakey. Not smooth at all. It might work for people with a darker skin tone and thicker under eye skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product since I had read so many great reviews for it. Unfortunately, it didn't work for my undereye circles, which are dark brown. The corrector just made them look ashy and really didn't cover them enough. I loved the texture, though--it glides on smoothly. There's also a ton of product in the jar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product is great. I put off buying it for a while even though I LOVE the Simply Ageless Foundation and blush and really like the concealer. I was hesitant because I thought it would be too dark and/or too orange. But I couldn't resist (shocker), so I got it. And I'm so glad I did. This is SO much better than the Simply Ageless Concealer, which is too transparent for me to love it. Both products feel good on the skin and wear well, but the Corrector does such a better job covering and brightening. I think this may beat my beloved BB Corrector. I'm a cool-toned PPP (NW 15) and this works really well for me. I would hope it works for a lot of different shades because, as I said above, I thought at first this would be too dark for me, but it worked great. Although I don't see it working well on darker women since it does work so well for PPP me.

I have only been using this for a few days, so I'll update when I've used it longer. Cover Girl says these products will improve your skin over time because of the Olay Regenerist in them, so I'll be interested to see if that's true for me. My skin is in good shape, but I'd always love even better skin. That's why I keep trying products even when I've found my holy grails. :)

If you are on the fence about the Concealer or the Corrector, I'd go with the Corrector unless there's a perfect color match for you in the Concealer. I do wish Cover Girl would expand the line and make additional shades of the Correctors and Blushes and maybe even start doing shadows (I love cream shadows). My skin is on the dry side, and I think this product is probably best for normal and dry skinned women. The Corrector, to me, seems more moisturizing than the Concealer. I thought the Concealer was nice, but after using the Corrector, I'm not feeling the great love for it I did feel, although I'll probably keep my review of it at four lipsticks because it is a nice product. But this Corrector is a total five lipstick product for me, and I will definitely be using this up and repurchasing it when the time comes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Having had the worst experience with LM Secret Camouflage, I was really mixed up about what kind of product I should use for my undereye darkness. I saw this, looked it up on MUA and seeing it got good ratings I decided to pick it up. I used it today (for some reason I have bags from bad sleeping last night so I haven't had the full-effect) but this stuff is AMAZING. Covers the dark circles, gives a nice appearance, it's creamy, smooth, easy to blend and work with... the best. This product gets it, I don't know why $40 concealers don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG concealer!!! I love this stuff and the little jar lasts for sooo long. I have used it for over a month now and the jar barely has a dent in it. This is the best thing for under eye circles and it works great on my blemishes. It applies well and does not make me look cakey, not even under the foundation. It lasts all day on top of my moisturizer. I will be repurchasing for sure and I highly recommend:D!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product, but only for fair skinned people. I am already currently using Simply Ageless concealer in their darkest shade, and it works perfectly for me. It covers under eye circles without looking cakey. Then I bought this and tried it under my concealer, and it was way too light for me! In pictures it looked like I had a white cast under my eyes! But it won't go to waste. I will give it to my fair skinned sister. So for all NC 40+ gals out there, try their concealer! It works wonders for me! =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good product considering it's a drugstore brand. Costs around 12 cdn in Superstore. Anyway, it erases my undereye circles. For reference, I am MAC C25, Dior 021, BE Light, MUFE Full Cover #6. It's my first time to use a "corrector" (this only comes in one shade- 230). It is significantly yellow as compared to its concealer counterparts. It's creamy and easy to apply. There's this white Olay formula swirled in as well. The directions say it can be used alone or before applying concealer. It's a really great neutralizer and matches my skin tone so I've been using it alone. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Doesn't work with my skin tone. Leaves me with a gray look under my eyes. Nice creamy texture though. Not expensive for a drug store brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by CalifNina58

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, all I can say is this is a great product. I keep stocking up when CVS or Walgreens has buy 1/get 1 or 50% off, LOL! I have used many products to try and conceal the undereye circles that won't go away. Even though this is called a "corrector", it actually conceals those dark areas. And, it goes on creamy, not cakey. I'm on my second jar and have two back-ups! The only reason I gave the Packaging one less lippie is because the darn top is hard to get off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

HG HG HG. I use both the concealer and corrector. Both are amazing. I was looking for something new and the skin around my eyes can get a little dry on occasion, so I decided to try these and they're fabulous. They go on super creamy and feel very light. The texture and consistency is amazing. The corrector also lasts almost all day, which just makes it even more great. I can't think of a similar product that works better for a comparable price.