January 26, 2015 | 990 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by CuriousCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used 3 of Lush's fresh face masks and Oatifix is my favorite. I'm 51, have normal skin but it dries out in the winter from my wood stove. The other two masks are Sacred Truth and Mask of Magnaminty- also very good.

This is moisturizing and balancing. It also smells so good you could eat it. I'll continue to purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lindsi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started working in a highly dry environment. We're talking electric heating central!!! I needed a boost for my dry and flaky skin and I thought this would work. I was sadly mistaken. I purchased this product in hopes of achieving moisture pretty much all over my face, instead I guess I shocked my system and ended up with a facial RASH! I only used this product once and I think I put it on on a Saturday and by Wednesday my face was covered in hives!!!! 7 days later, now, my face is still recovering and it is an even more dry and flakey mess! On a good day my skin tone is uneven. I have fair skin and I am lightly covered in freckles. This mask made my face splotchy red with NO FRECKLES! I guess I ended up with a mildly reddened face with hives on my upper cheeks which spread to the skin 1 - 2 cm's out from my nose and I never have any marks or areas of unevenness there. I wish I could have liked this product. I would one day love for my face to be hydrated and not simultaneously be overwhelmed by raised welts/pimples. Does anyone know of a hydrating skin product that is made for sensitive skin??? I would love to know. I would even pay upwards of 100$ for it!!! Oh, and the mask burned slightly for 3 minutes then the burning subsided. I just thought that is what it was supposed to do! Guess NOT!
EDIT: My skin is still a mess after using this mask! It is still red. Holy smokes! NEVER BUYING A FACE MASK EVER AGAIN! From lush or anyone. This has been the worst experience EVER!!!! It was like I burnt my face!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very pleased with this product. I got a small sample size pot and managed to get three applications from it so a big pot it should last you a good while.
It smells beautiful, like cookie dough with a subtle vanilla spice scent. I used it over the course of a week and and my skin felt and looked lovely after using it. I would buy it again although I'd prefer a face mask I didn't have to keep in the fridge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

No way is this going on my face because this mask is way too rich for my combination/oily skin. I purchased it specially for use on my dry hands, and as I've guessed it, when I did use it, I could feel from the texture that it is very rich. The smell is lovely- of oatmeal and vanilla. No banana smell, though. Although I have given it a low rating, I will still repurchase it- just for my hands. I wouldn't dare use it on my face, maybe my neck.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by RoxieHeart

I was wary of using this mask because it's recommended for dry skin but since winter makes my skin spotty but dry at the same time I decided to give it a go.

It smells really sweet, which I liked but may be sickening to others. It can be difficult to get an even coating on your face but I found that I didn't need much to get good coverage. I loved the fact that it isn't really scrubby as I don't like to feel like I'm rubbing sand into my face. When I washed it off my skin felt so smooth and the dry bits had gone and I didn't have to moisturise afterwards.

My only problem was the fact that once I put it on I felt my face stinging. Fortunately my skin didn't have a visible reaction but that was still enough to put me off using it again. Really disappointed as its ones of the few lush masks that aren't too scrubby (many have ground almond shells in them) but I simply don't trust products that make my skin sting.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! This helps keep my dry skin moisturized and ever since I started using this and Lush's Fresh Farmacy soap my acne scarring has gotten SO much better. I haven't had a breakout since I started using either of the products either which is amazing since I usually break out several times per month. It smells AMAZING!! The tub I have doesn't smell like bananas (and I hate the scent of bananas) but has a strong vanilla scent and kind of smells like cookie dough! I think the price is pretty great since I get several uses out of it. The packaging isn't the most sanitary but I kinda like the tub/jar packaging for some reason

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by borntobepurple

I tried this in a store and loved it how i felt . I ended up buying catostrophe cosmetic due to small spots . I got the sample. I have normal to dry skin. In winters my skin gets drier . Oatifix is so amazing . I leave it for 10 mins and my skin looks nourished . It smells like banana . I really dont like pasty mask because its hard to get them off sometimes. This one is chunkier. It has oats so you can use it as scrub. The banana scent is strong. I dont mind . Its really moisturising so i wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin or acne troubled skin or big pores . I would definitely use this in winter . But for summers it might be too greasy. But so far so good .

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever fresh face mask from Lush which is recommended by the SA and I really wanted to like it. I bought this in Singapore and it is pretty expensive at S$21 for a 75g tub of product.
First of all, this product does not have preservatives, so I use a spatula to decant a small amount of product before use instead of sticking my fingers into the jar. My mask was made fresh on the day I bought it, so the SA told me it expires in 4 weeks.

It smells great like vanilla custard (too bad the scent is synthetic) and generally, the ingredients sound like it would be great for the skin: bananas, oatmeal, almond. I have combination skin and recently my skin has cleared up considerably. However, I'm very sad to say that my skin broke out with small little bumps all over my face right after using this mask. Ick. It must have something to do with the ingredients, but I decided not to use this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

imo, oatifix is lush's best smelling mask. it smells like cookie batter! AT FIRST it did soften my face, but not to much in the long run. a salesperson @ lush explained to me a one-time use of ANY product wont benefit your skin, obviously. so i started using it on a regular basis, like once or twice a week, and my dry dry dry skin was slowly gaining moisture it lost.
i think the value is great for the quality of the ingredients if you use it often! i havent noticed any bad side effects, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by assertives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually do like this product. It smells nice and it does leave my skin feeling soft, which I appreciate. However, I don't think it did anything for my skin for the long run. I don't think I would repurchase as its way too expensive for such a small tub.