September 19, 2014 | 1610 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! This helps keep my dry skin moisturized and ever since I started using this and Lush's Fresh Farmacy soap my acne scarring has gotten SO much better. I haven't had a breakout since I started using either of the products either which is amazing since I usually break out several times per month. It smells AMAZING!! The tub I have doesn't smell like bananas (and I hate the scent of bananas) but has a strong vanilla scent and kind of smells like cookie dough! I think the price is pretty great since I get several uses out of it. The packaging isn't the most sanitary but I kinda like the tub/jar packaging for some reason

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by borntobepurple

I tried this in a store and loved it how i felt . I ended up buying catostrophe cosmetic due to small spots . I got the sample. I have normal to dry skin. In winters my skin gets drier . Oatifix is so amazing . I leave it for 10 mins and my skin looks nourished . It smells like banana . I really dont like pasty mask because its hard to get them off sometimes. This one is chunkier. It has oats so you can use it as scrub. The banana scent is strong. I dont mind . Its really moisturising so i wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin or acne troubled skin or big pores . I would definitely use this in winter . But for summers it might be too greasy. But so far so good .

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first ever fresh face mask from Lush which is recommended by the SA and I really wanted to like it. I bought this in Singapore and it is pretty expensive at S$21 for a 75g tub of product.
First of all, this product does not have preservatives, so I use a spatula to decant a small amount of product before use instead of sticking my fingers into the jar. My mask was made fresh on the day I bought it, so the SA told me it expires in 4 weeks.

It smells great like vanilla custard (too bad the scent is synthetic) and generally, the ingredients sound like it would be great for the skin: bananas, oatmeal, almond. I have combination skin and recently my skin has cleared up considerably. However, I'm very sad to say that my skin broke out with small little bumps all over my face right after using this mask. Ick. It must have something to do with the ingredients, but I decided not to use this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

imo, oatifix is lush's best smelling mask. it smells like cookie batter! AT FIRST it did soften my face, but not to much in the long run. a salesperson @ lush explained to me a one-time use of ANY product wont benefit your skin, obviously. so i started using it on a regular basis, like once or twice a week, and my dry dry dry skin was slowly gaining moisture it lost.
i think the value is great for the quality of the ingredients if you use it often! i havent noticed any bad side effects, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by assertives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually do like this product. It smells nice and it does leave my skin feeling soft, which I appreciate. However, I don't think it did anything for my skin for the long run. I don't think I would repurchase as its way too expensive for such a small tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mhelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have acne prone and sensitive skin.Love the way it smells, it makes my skin so soft, gowing and dont brake me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask can be a bit messy but it's PERFECT for dry sensitive skin.

Got rid of my redness and made my face soft and felt so smooth.

I love it. i finished the package about 1 month ago and i still did not get my redness back thank God

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy using all of Lush's fresh masks, the ones I can use on my skin type always leave my skin glowing and fresh. I recently starting using RAM and BenzaClin spot treatment for my adult acne and my skin is starting to feel like sand paper in some areas. I had not yet tried Oatifix, so I thought it might help put a little bit of moisture back into my skin. I also use Full of Grace serum bar as a daytime moisturizer as well as under all my masks.
On to the mask! I personally love Lush's recycled packaging and the container is the perfect size. I also usually get more uses out of the masks than the SA's state. Keeping it in the fridge is also wonderful because the cooling effect is very refreshing. When you open the container of Oatifix it looks VERY much like cookie dough. Very thick and chunky with a golden yellow brown color. It smells lovely in my opinion because I love sugary sweet smells. It smells sweet like vanilla mixed with oatmeal cookies. It is a very strong smell that lingers for hours after you've used it. I used the mask early evening last night and I can still smell it late morning the next day! So if you are sensitive to smells, definitely give it a sniff in the store! Applying the mask is extremely hard! Which is why I gave this mask a 4. It was so hard in fact that it took the fun out of putting on a mask completely. Since it is the texture of cookie dough it doesn't spread very easily. I also couldn't press it onto my skin like some reviewers have stated. I had to just keep smearing it on and adding more layers because it was like I didn't put any of the mask on at all. After about ten minutes of trying to apply this sucker it was finally on. I did have to rinse a lot of product down the drain because it was left all over my hands. Once I had the mask on, it felt very nice. The smell was relaxing and my face didn't feel tight at all and again the coolness of the mask felt very good. The mask rinsed off very easily despite the odd texture. Once I rinsed it off I could see a sheen on my face because it left my skin moisturized with a comfortable lotion feel. Nothing heavy at all. After a few moments though I noticed the extremely dry patches on my face were back to being dry. I do not blame this on Oatifix not working since RAM is some pretty wicked stuff. Just stating that if you have extremely dry skin this might not do very much for you.The rest of my face was perfectly moisturized and still is the next day. I might buy this again, but I will probably try Sacred Truth for moisturizing before I repurchase this one again. All in all not a bad mask just a huge pain to apply!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by emmyjepson

i really like oatifix! i have dry and sensitive skin and i feel like it helps moisturise and sooth my face. i bought it from my local lush store for 5.25, which i think is an amazing price to say that it's lasted me for around a month. it has to be kept in the fridge as it's made with completely fresh ingredients, which makes me feel much more confident about applying it because i know i'm not applying any harsh, nasty chemicals or ingredients to my skin, and it's also really cool and refreshing when applying. i apply it both morning and night after i've removed my make up, and after washing it off (i keep it on for around 15 minutes, but the recommended time is 5-10) my skin feels very soft. i'm not sure how moisturising it is exactly, but i've noticed my skin doesn't feel as dry after using this. i don't think it moisturises it a hell of a lot, but i don't mind that too much as i apply moisturiser afterward anyway. i just use this because i feel that it helps keep my skin clear and it helps keep it clean and soft.

oh, and it smells like nutty vanilla. when i first smelt it in store around a year ago, i thought it smelt like cupcakes, but when i bought it it smelt different. i doubt they changed anything in it, it must just be my nose! but the smell is lovely nonetheless. i'd definitely recommend this for the price. i'm going to try other lush face masks after this but if they don't work as well as oatifix then this will definitely be a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this mask! I am now on my second tub and I will surely continue buying. One tub last me about 12 applications. I have been using it 3 times a week for a month and it is WONDERFUL. This is a mask for dry skin. It contains vanilla, oats, bananas, almonds, clay as well as many other things...when you put this on make sure to use a nice thick, even layer. I leave this on for a lot longer than the recommended 20 mins. on most occasions and it works wonderful. I also like to rub it into my skin like a scrub while I am washing it off, it gives your skin extra exfoliating. This mask really does make your skin as smooth as a baby's butt. Also love that I haven't had any breakouts from this! Even though I am dry I do tend to break out and this hasn't caused any. $5.95 it can't be beat! I also don't mind keeping it in the fridge because all my LUSH products and in there and honestly it is so good you would never forget to use it!