July 28, 2014 | 944 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

imo, oatifix is lush's best smelling mask. it smells like cookie batter! AT FIRST it did soften my face, but not to much in the long run. a salesperson @ lush explained to me a one-time use of ANY product wont benefit your skin, obviously. so i started using it on a regular basis, like once or twice a week, and my dry dry dry skin was slowly gaining moisture it lost.
i think the value is great for the quality of the ingredients if you use it often! i havent noticed any bad side effects, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by assertives

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually do like this product. It smells nice and it does leave my skin feeling soft, which I appreciate. However, I don't think it did anything for my skin for the long run. I don't think I would repurchase as its way too expensive for such a small tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mhelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have acne prone and sensitive skin.Love the way it smells, it makes my skin so soft, gowing and dont brake me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask can be a bit messy but it's PERFECT for dry sensitive skin.

Got rid of my redness and made my face soft and felt so smooth.

I love it. i finished the package about 1 month ago and i still did not get my redness back thank God

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by bellawoozel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy using all of Lush's fresh masks, the ones I can use on my skin type always leave my skin glowing and fresh. I recently starting using RAM and BenzaClin spot treatment for my adult acne and my skin is starting to feel like sand paper in some areas. I had not yet tried Oatifix, so I thought it might help put a little bit of moisture back into my skin. I also use Full of Grace serum bar as a daytime moisturizer as well as under all my masks.
On to the mask! I personally love Lush's recycled packaging and the container is the perfect size. I also usually get more uses out of the masks than the SA's state. Keeping it in the fridge is also wonderful because the cooling effect is very refreshing. When you open the container of Oatifix it looks VERY much like cookie dough. Very thick and chunky with a golden yellow brown color. It smells lovely in my opinion because I love sugary sweet smells. It smells sweet like vanilla mixed with oatmeal cookies. It is a very strong smell that lingers for hours after you've used it. I used the mask early evening last night and I can still smell it late morning the next day! So if you are sensitive to smells, definitely give it a sniff in the store! Applying the mask is extremely hard! Which is why I gave this mask a 4. It was so hard in fact that it took the fun out of putting on a mask completely. Since it is the texture of cookie dough it doesn't spread very easily. I also couldn't press it onto my skin like some reviewers have stated. I had to just keep smearing it on and adding more layers because it was like I didn't put any of the mask on at all. After about ten minutes of trying to apply this sucker it was finally on. I did have to rinse a lot of product down the drain because it was left all over my hands. Once I had the mask on, it felt very nice. The smell was relaxing and my face didn't feel tight at all and again the coolness of the mask felt very good. The mask rinsed off very easily despite the odd texture. Once I rinsed it off I could see a sheen on my face because it left my skin moisturized with a comfortable lotion feel. Nothing heavy at all. After a few moments though I noticed the extremely dry patches on my face were back to being dry. I do not blame this on Oatifix not working since RAM is some pretty wicked stuff. Just stating that if you have extremely dry skin this might not do very much for you.The rest of my face was perfectly moisturized and still is the next day. I might buy this again, but I will probably try Sacred Truth for moisturizing before I repurchase this one again. All in all not a bad mask just a huge pain to apply!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by emmyjepson

i really like oatifix! i have dry and sensitive skin and i feel like it helps moisturise and sooth my face. i bought it from my local lush store for 5.25, which i think is an amazing price to say that it's lasted me for around a month. it has to be kept in the fridge as it's made with completely fresh ingredients, which makes me feel much more confident about applying it because i know i'm not applying any harsh, nasty chemicals or ingredients to my skin, and it's also really cool and refreshing when applying. i apply it both morning and night after i've removed my make up, and after washing it off (i keep it on for around 15 minutes, but the recommended time is 5-10) my skin feels very soft. i'm not sure how moisturising it is exactly, but i've noticed my skin doesn't feel as dry after using this. i don't think it moisturises it a hell of a lot, but i don't mind that too much as i apply moisturiser afterward anyway. i just use this because i feel that it helps keep my skin clear and it helps keep it clean and soft.

oh, and it smells like nutty vanilla. when i first smelt it in store around a year ago, i thought it smelt like cupcakes, but when i bought it it smelt different. i doubt they changed anything in it, it must just be my nose! but the smell is lovely nonetheless. i'd definitely recommend this for the price. i'm going to try other lush face masks after this but if they don't work as well as oatifix then this will definitely be a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this mask! I am now on my second tub and I will surely continue buying. One tub last me about 12 applications. I have been using it 3 times a week for a month and it is WONDERFUL. This is a mask for dry skin. It contains vanilla, oats, bananas, almonds, clay as well as many other things...when you put this on make sure to use a nice thick, even layer. I leave this on for a lot longer than the recommended 20 mins. on most occasions and it works wonderful. I also like to rub it into my skin like a scrub while I am washing it off, it gives your skin extra exfoliating. This mask really does make your skin as smooth as a baby's butt. Also love that I haven't had any breakouts from this! Even though I am dry I do tend to break out and this hasn't caused any. $5.95 it can't be beat! I also don't mind keeping it in the fridge because all my LUSH products and in there and honestly it is so good you would never forget to use it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells divine - like vanilla cake batter! It feels like cookie dough going on. To be honest, I didn't really notice that much of a difference in my skin after using this. My skin was soft, but it was soft when I got out of the shower after exfoliating and cleansing my face too.

It was only about $6 and I barely used any of it for the first application, so this should last me a while...which is a good thing, value wise, but bad thing because it goes bad at the end of the month. I don't use masks more than once a week, generally, so I guess I'll have to make an exception to use up this product. It didn't really work for me, but it seems to work great for other people, so I would say give it a try if you're curious and have dry/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaWriter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product. Usually, a lot of moisturizing products give me pimples but I've been using this for a while now, and still no breakouts. The smell is absolutely scrumptious. The texture, scent, and appearance resembles raw cookie dough. It reduces redness around my face, as well as soften the dry areas caused by the cold weather. Though it expires within a month, and it's a hassle to refrigerate, I would most definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim because I needed a new hydrating facial mask. Majority of the masks out on the market are targeted towards drying out the skin for the sake of getting rid of pimples. Oatfix however is aimed more towards moisturizing your skin, and is quite soothing after a long day.

Wow the smell, is really amazing. I put this on, and although I'm pretty sure I scared my nephew by looking zombie like with this mask, everyone commented on how this smelled like oatmeal cookies. I don't know if its just the store that I get it at consistently, but I have never once gotten a hint of bananas. The scent usually does stay on my skin for a day or two, but my friends said it smelled good, and they kept getting odd hankering for oatmeal cookies.

I definitely would not suggest this mask for those of whom have oily skin, because this is meant to bring moisture into your skin it would probably make you end up looking like a grease slick. For those of us who do have dry skin, it happens to make my skin smooth as a baby's butt, and that type of feeling lasts for a couple days.

It is a slight pain that this does have to be put in the refrigerator, but its all natural ingredients so how could I really complain? Also the fact that you actually have to go into the store to get your hands on this, which is no easy feat since the closest one to me is over an hour away. Well worth the trouble though, because when I used this consistently I had the best skin I've had in years.