April 20, 2014 | 1759 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells divine - like vanilla cake batter! It feels like cookie dough going on. To be honest, I didn't really notice that much of a difference in my skin after using this. My skin was soft, but it was soft when I got out of the shower after exfoliating and cleansing my face too.

It was only about $6 and I barely used any of it for the first application, so this should last me a while...which is a good thing, value wise, but bad thing because it goes bad at the end of the month. I don't use masks more than once a week, generally, so I guess I'll have to make an exception to use up this product. It didn't really work for me, but it seems to work great for other people, so I would say give it a try if you're curious and have dry/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaWriter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product. Usually, a lot of moisturizing products give me pimples but I've been using this for a while now, and still no breakouts. The smell is absolutely scrumptious. The texture, scent, and appearance resembles raw cookie dough. It reduces redness around my face, as well as soften the dry areas caused by the cold weather. Though it expires within a month, and it's a hassle to refrigerate, I would most definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim because I needed a new hydrating facial mask. Majority of the masks out on the market are targeted towards drying out the skin for the sake of getting rid of pimples. Oatfix however is aimed more towards moisturizing your skin, and is quite soothing after a long day.

Wow the smell, is really amazing. I put this on, and although I'm pretty sure I scared my nephew by looking zombie like with this mask, everyone commented on how this smelled like oatmeal cookies. I don't know if its just the store that I get it at consistently, but I have never once gotten a hint of bananas. The scent usually does stay on my skin for a day or two, but my friends said it smelled good, and they kept getting odd hankering for oatmeal cookies.

I definitely would not suggest this mask for those of whom have oily skin, because this is meant to bring moisture into your skin it would probably make you end up looking like a grease slick. For those of us who do have dry skin, it happens to make my skin smooth as a baby's butt, and that type of feeling lasts for a couple days.

It is a slight pain that this does have to be put in the refrigerator, but its all natural ingredients so how could I really complain? Also the fact that you actually have to go into the store to get your hands on this, which is no easy feat since the closest one to me is over an hour away. Well worth the trouble though, because when I used this consistently I had the best skin I've had in years.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Ofnt

I tried lots of LUSH fresh face masks and I did not enjoy this product
Perhaps it's because I don't enjoy bananas in general.

But this thing smelled overly sweet and is disgusting.
It looked like vomit. As if someone vomited bananas on me...
It's overly greasy and the smell stayed on my face for AGES.
It was softening, but did not feel natural at all. Felt like my face was purposely caked on with a lot of grease to make it soft.

the whole experience was kind of gross for me and I would NOT buy this again!

However, I do know some that like it and thus I give it a 2. If you like it, it would go good with the porridge soap. which has a similar smell but is less disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally don't use LUSH masks because they need to be kept refrigerated and must be used quickly owing to their fresh ingredients. This is no fault of LUSH's, simply my own preference. In any case, this mask is worth the hassle. It smells delicious, which is a bonus, but it also smooths, soothes and moisturizes beautifully. I have used this after 16 hour shifts when my skin is at its worst and it really makes a difference. Did I mention it smells delicious? It isn't like a typical mask it doesn't dry out on my face and it kind of needs to be smooshed into the skin rather than smoothed on because it is kinda lumpy, more of a slightly gooey paste than your typical mask. But it is worth the effort. Did I mention it smells delicious? The only problem? Constantly sold out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Smells like yummy banana cake or a vanilla cake, it's just delicious!! =) This has oats and banana and vanilla to cool and nourish the skin. It also has Illipe Butter to reduce redness, and ground almonds to gently polish the skin. It even has Kaolin to cleanse and clarify your skin. It has everything that a skin needs to be smooth, soft and supple.

I thought this was going to be too rich, but this would be a nice soothing and moisturising and delicious mask for all skin in need of pampering. A winter must have! (Unless you really hate bananas or your skin is super oily, then this mask isn't really quite right for you). Remember to keep clear of eyes and to keep it refrigerated! AUD$15.95/black tub. Hope this helps.

For reference: my skin is normally combination/oily/sensitive, used to be a super oily/acne prone, but now that it's winter, it's become combination/dry/sensitive.