St.Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

4.1

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Bisulfite, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Caramel, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 40 (CI 16035), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) 6/15/2012

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first time I've ever written a review for a product but it's so rare to find a self tanner that doesn't turn you into an oompah loompah color or streak everywhere! I used to go tanning indoors until I finally woke up and realized how horrible my skin would eventually look if I kept it up but still didn't want to be pasty-white in the summertime, so I picked up a bottle of St. Tropez at Sephora and so far, I love it! Definitely try it -- it gave me a subtle tan after using it one time, and looked even better the second day :) Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out but a little goes a long way!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this. I really did. The product did produce a pretty tan but it is super messy!!! Messier than any other tanner I have used. Also, the mousse dries too quickly when applying. I would be willing to try it again but I can't see paying 40 dollars again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I haven't had much experience with self-tanning, but this + the mitt was extremely easy . I did get someone to do my upper back, but otherwise spreading it on was fast, and the color guide is quite good. I think I go a little sparing with this compared to other users, but I'm starting off at about NC 15-20, so I'd rather be careful.

Seems to last about 4-5 days, and it gives me a warmth without streaks or anything like orange. Haven't been using it on the face, since I prefer to go with a gradual tanner there. Overall, I think I'll be keeping up with this all summer, and maybe longer.

Love this!

Beautiful color, gives a nice color to my really white skin. But I can't quite get my arms blended enough to prevent all streaks. Best self tanner I've ever found.

I have pale asian skin that doesn't really tan (burns first then tans a little) and this gives me a natural looking tan. I absolutely love this!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Comes out onto the skin too orange and streaky. Too expensive for what it is. The cream is better than the mousse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Blargh! And yet again I fall for an overhyped and overpriced product. I'm tired of those two things coinciding and willingly falling victim. :P Sadly, I have nothing good to say for this tanner. I'm as white and ghostly as it gets, which in spite of receiving some great ridicule for throughout the years, I for the most part happily embrace and have no problems with being pale. It then is a big deal when I state that this winter has been so long, cold and depressing and being trapped indoors for months and months has made even me cringe at how dull my skintone is and thought I should do something about it. I was persuaded by all of the rave reviews that said this mousse gives a natural-looking tan and smells good, but nothing about it worked and I followed the instructions to the tee. I'm guess I'm just too fair for it, and a natural-looking tan it was not. I tested it/applied it on my legs only to be on the safe side in case I needed to hide potentially bad results. The application was easy and came out evenly, but it reeks just like every other self-tanner does after a few hours and the color was totally orange. Honestly a terrible color result, and I have tried a few other gradual tanners (Jergens and Banana Boat) and even those turned out better. Worst of all, I had a reaction to this product consisting of bumps and itchiness that have not subsided. :( Hate to be a kill-joy amidst all of the love for it, but it was just a complete bomb for me.

This product turned me streaky and orange, don't think it's worth the money!! I feel the mousse it's very watered down and runny. I received this as a gift but personally I wouldn't purchase it myself. The only pro I found about this is the smell is that horrible curry smell you get with fake tans!

I absolutely love this tanning mousse. I have been using Fake Bake for months before purchasing, and the first time i used it I loved it. It made me super dark and it lasted. However you have to apply it at night because it makes your skin look weirdly dark and dirty and in the morning it washes off. After that first time, Fake Bake left me looking like I had a disease. My skin was weird and spotty. I contacted the company and they gave me some bullishit excuse about how I should've exfoliated with their product and moisturized with their product. First off NO. That should never be the case. But anyways I did buy their exfoliated and it did the same thing.

With that being said, I was very scared to purchase St tropez because it is quite pricey. I sucked it up and bought one at sephora along with the glove. (The glove sucks but whatever). the first night I used it I loved it. It smelled so good, kind of a rose from a bush (I say that because if you know what actual roses from bushes smell like you'll know that its a diff smell than the fake roses here in america). It gives you a light color and it dries very quickly. The color that you get isn't as dark as the fake bake, so at first I was a little scared, HOWEVER, in the morning not a lot of the color washes off. With Fake bake, you get super dark when you apply it and all of the color washes off the next morning. With this it doesn't. So you can apply it during the day and run errands as you wish without looking like you dipped yourself in mud. It lasts forever and it works perfectly on tricky areas like hands, feet, elbows and knees. Its even good for your face although i do suggest only putting a little bit there. The first time I did it, i applied it three days in a row because I was super pale. After that I only apply it twice a week. The bottle last forever and it is honestly so worth the price. The color is very natural and very long lasting. And the best part it…you don't get cancer! yay. Love it. Definitely purchase.
It is cheaper than a month's worth of fake tanning, and less risky than sun tanning.

Top Rated St.Tropez Products