April 18, 2014 | 1679 users online

Bronzers - St.Tropez - Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by PinkBronze07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down my favorite self-tanner. I purchased this from Sephora and am very impressed with the quality. I prefer this over any others I've tried (Xen-Tan, Million Dollar Tan, L'oreal Sublime, Jergens). This one is least offensive on the "self-tan smell". It has a fresh scent while applying, but after a few hours you can notice a faint scent (nothing that a shower can't fix). The color that develops is natural (no orange) and non-streaking. Be careful applying with bare hands. I didn't purchase the mitt, but if I'm not applying with gloves, I just make sure to wash/scrub my hands really good with soapy water & a nail utility brush or it will stain. I haven't tried the lotion from this brand, but I highly recommend trying this mousse if in the market for a new self-tanner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product changed my life. I am pale naturally, about nc15 and my face never sees the sun (I live in Canada). I had such a hard time finding foundations that suited me, because they were all too pink or too dark.

I love St Tropez Bronzing Mousse, it gives me nice tanned looking skin. The funny thing is, I can definitely notice a difference in my skin colour, but no one in my family has ever noticed, I think it's cause I look "normal" this way.

I apply it and give it as long as possible to dry. I typically do it in the evening, sleep on it (leave it dry for as long as possible before I go to sleep, couple of hours at least). It does come off on my sheets, but nothing washing it won't take away. Then I shower in the morning, it does tone down a lot, and will tone down over the days and you have to re-do it of course to keep it up. I find it stays on me for about 5-6 days. I haven't gone through a bottle yet, I have the large 400ml bottle, but I will definitely buy it again. I use the mitt (and am on my second one because I don't mind it holds up very well).

For those of you who find it's not dark enough, there is a "dark" version you should try out. It comes in a blue bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay - so this is a review for the regular mousse (not the bronzing one) - in the smaller bottle.

I bought this for $30 at Sephora, and got the mitt for it too. When I got home, I showered, shaved, exfoliated and then applied this before bed. It took a couple minutes to dry, but I was very glad that it didn't transfer on my sheets at all! When I woke up, it looked like I had been at the beach for a week. Lovely color, very natural looking!

The ONLY drawback to this stuff is that in ONE application I used almost half the bottle! Freakin ridiculous! And this stuff is supposed to be a ''daily'' mousse.. or at least meant to be used a couple times a week. How the heck am I supposed to make it last more than two applications?? I took it back to Sephora the next day and got a refund. The product is great, but I felt totally ripped off.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by lguerringue

I was so excited to try this. I tan well in the summer but in the dead winter I am ghostly and I am NC15. When I used this in the summer with a full tan, I barely noticed anything. I would apply before going to bed and it develops over night.

The mousse is supposed to be washed off after it is developed for a nice glow. Well, in the winter, I wake up and love the color, it really is a nice tan, and slightly more than a glow but not too much. When I wash it off (and not even using soap and barley rubbing it) I come out looking like I had never applied it.

I have no idea how everyone is loving this when they are much darker than me, and I am not even one seeking a deep tan!

I also don't know how people can apply this and wake up with it looking perfect. Yes, you can see where it is applied but you get patches that are much darker. I see this happening on my forearms and by my elbows, and I even use the mitt.

I will say applying it to my face with a makeup sponge results in perfect application every time, but on certain parts I can never get it perfect. This kind of sucks because I only love it when I wear it without washing it off, and if it is streaky then it's long sleeves for me.

All in all, I would love the product if when you washed it off all the color doesn't go down the drain. It's crazy that being so fair skinned I look the same after showering. for me, it's not worth the price for little pay off so I will keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

Hands down best self tanner I've ever used. The color you get is actually brown, & NOT orange. Amazing. I never thought I'd see the day that happened. I prefer this over the lotion because this doesn't transfer onto clothes. The only thing that is a downfall to this, is that this is a bit of a process. You have to rub this all over your body the best you can to get all the streaks out, & let it sit on your skin for a loooooonnnng time. So, if you're in a rush...this is not the answer for you. This is pretty expensive, but worth it. You definitely get what you pay for. I would definitely buy this again & you get a lot of product as well. The color you get is the closest tan to a "real" sun tan that you will probably get with any self tanner. People usually can tell when you're wearing a fake tan, but everyone actually thought I went to beach when I used this! This is good stuff. The only thing I would say is to make sure you shave first before applying this, put lotion on & let it absorb, & spend the extra $5 to buy the applicator mitt that is reccommended with this. It will save you a mess & a hassle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't say I loved this self tanner but I do like it. Bare Escentuals Faux Tan gives much better color than St Tropez. I do like that the application is a cinch and the bronzing guide isn't overly rediculous looking. It also smells wonderful compared to any self tanner on the market.
I wish it gave more color with just one application. For this reason, I'd recommend this product for the winter months. I don't want to look unrealistically dark in the winter, so this tanner will be of more use at that time. The wear-off is also better than others on the market. No flaking off or white patches. It literally just fades until it's gone. Would I buy this again? No. Just too expensive for a slight tan. I've literally used gradual tanners that left me darker after one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MzCat

This is my favourite self-tanner. I have tried many of them, though this is the first mousse one I've tried. I love that it dries down almost immediately. It gives instant colour, though it's probably better to put it on in the evening and then wash it off in the morning. It has never permanently stained my clothes and easily washes off whatever it rubbed onto. I'm pretty paranoid about UV rays but love having that sunkissed glow. I use this with the St. Tropez mitt and am happy about the results. Would never go back to the other lotions and towelettes that I've tried up till now.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by instrawberryfields

I was really excited to try out St. Tropez, but was not very impressed. For $40 you expect a better tan and easier results than the regular every day brand, but it just doesn't deliver. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
-Nice color

Cons:
-Expensive
-Messy
-Not that dark
-Can't go out after putting it on (need to shower first).

Honestly I get just as good results for my olive skin tone maybe even a little darker with Jerrgens express tan... just saying. Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best self-tanner I've found! I love being tan but I refuse to risk the sun damage so I completely rely on self-tanners and bronzers.

Product pumps out as a dark foam, very pigmented. I was worried it would dry immediately and be hard to blend but it's not! It does dry quickly being a foam like that but it is not hard to blend in at all. Doesn't leave you feeling sticky afterwards either.

Most natural looking tanner I've found so far! I have very yellow/olive toned skin and even though the tanner is deep brown shade it looks great on my skin because you build it up over several uses. I also use this on my face and it looks totally natural (and I don't just think that myself either haha).

I would recommend using gloves or having lotion on your hands and washing immediately afterwards to avoid dark palms. Also follow the directions and don't shower for a few hours after applying or you'll wash out most of your tan. I apply this maybe 2/3 days in a row and then every other day for a week and end up with a great tan. After that I just reapply once maybe twice a week to really maintain it. I find it lasts quite awhile though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by dancergirl68

really like this product! i use self tanner all the time and this is the best one so far.
PROS:
- fast to put on (10 mins)
- dries instantly
- smells awesome and you cant smell it at all after the shower
- blends beautifully on ankels and kness which has always been a challenge with other self tanners
- good colour
- mitt is very useful
- just awesome!
Cons:
- wish it was a little bit cheaper
thats the only con so far!