July 30, 2014 | 1876 users online

Bronzers - St.Tropez - Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by currybabe

It works almost instantly; you can see exactly where you are going to get your tan. Absorbs very fast. Doesn't smell bad. The mousse comes out a scary brown but if you blend quickly, it ends up looking natural. You can get a very even tan especially if you use the mitt. Packaging is nice, and pump dispenser is very controllable.

However, I would use discretion when using it on your face as it broke me out in areas where I wouldn't normally break out, such as my cheeks and forehead.. and it was the first time I had used it, so my mitt was new and definitely was not bacteria-overloaded.
The pump can get a bit leaky, so I store it in the box it came in.

Of all the self-tanners I've used over the years, this is the best one thus far.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaidzikowski

This self-tanner is one of THE best tanners out there compared to most like l'oreal, jergens, coppertone.. It doesn't give you an orange look, the smell isn't bad it's just a little pricey around 40$ +tx for the 120ml and 50$+tx for the 240ml. Make sure to exfoliate before and apply with the bronzing mitt all over your body rapidly leaving your hands for last. For your face, you may apply the product on a cosmetic sponge (dollar store) and swipe over face avoiding the hairlines. - gradual tan - try it for one week daily, don't exfoliate before each use you'll just get rid of the tanner. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by ashconci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Its the only self tanner that doesn't turn my very pale skin orange! Every self tanner streaks if you don't apply it right or you didn't exfoliate right before. The only problem I had with this was when water would get on me within the first 3 hours of applying it. It will streak, but all you have to do is reapply it in that area and its fine again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE Tanner! Streaky and gave barely any color. The foam does not give an even application for some reason, so it turns out very patchy and streaky! This is also very overpriced. Go with SUN labs for sunless tanner, there dark tanning lotion is the bomb dot com!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by caroleann0215

I really like this product and I'm happy with my purchase.. that being said, I had rather realistic, if not low, expectations.

First of all, it does go on very easily and dries super fast. I purchased the applicator mitt which definitely helps blend everything in. But you have to work fast because, like I said, it dries really quickly.

Second, I do notice the typical self-tanner smell after about 20-30 minutes. It isn't as bad as some other tanners that I've used and the smell of the actual mousse when you apply it is very nice.

So far I haven't noticed any staining on my clothes or sheets, so I apply it before bed and rinse off the next morning. The color isn't super noticeable, it's more of a subtle tan.

It does streak or leave spots, but any self-tanner is going to do that. You just have to be really careful when applying it and make sure that you exfoliate and moisturize!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

Let me just start off by saying that I used to do spray tans and stopped because I HATE the smell. The associate in Sephora applied this to my arms, chest, neck and back just to test the color. There's a faint hint of that nasty "self tanner" smell at first, but it's not nearly as strong as most self tanners and it disappears once you shower. Extremely easy to apply and applies evenly. Once washed off in the shower, all rough spots are removed to reveal an even gorgeous tan. Doesn't transfer on to clothes/sheets and dries within a minute or two. This stuff is amazing, I can't wait to buy a bottle of my own!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best self tanner I've used thus far. However I will say that I have kind of a love hate relationship with it. In the summer once Ive already gotten a little bit of color from the sun this mousse looks great. Go back a month when I'm my natural color and put it on, I'm left with a boyfriend repeatedly teasing me because I'm orange. With that being said, I would say this is for people who are already a tiny bit tan.. unfortunately. For that I'm giving it a four but the rest of the review is for when I'm already a teeny bit tan. With one coat I got a nice color that I would have liked to be much darker. I will for sure be using the dark version of this mousse from now on because I'd rather not have to deal with the color guide/ self tan smell on my body more than once a week to get my desired color. I'm naturally about an NC30 with olive skin. This smells just like the Tresemme dry shampoos during application. Then it dries after about 5-10 minutes and you smell like absolute self tan, but it was bound to happen so I'm fine with that. A shower definitely takes that "lovely fragrance" away so no worries. I also made the HORRIBLE mistake of using my bare hands to apply this. I was left with horrendously stained hands and this was before I knew about washing your hands with whitening toothpaste to take it off. Now I use latex gloves because I refuse to use a mitt that will only soak up a bunch of product. The only way this streaks is if YOU YOURSELF don't know what you're doing (work quickly to blend as this IS a quick-to-stain mousse). I gave it a 4 on the packaging because part of the pump is kind of cracked in a way that if the bottle is upside down it will leak. Not a big fan of the $40 factor and I really don't think that this is amazing enough to be that price. MAYBE if it didn't turn my winter skin orange and actually lasted longer than 3 days but even then the price would make me sick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by blengs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OBSESSED - A+ product! This is hands down the best self-tanner I've ever used. I actually had someone ask me which "perfume" I was wearing - so no gross self-tanner smell. I use latex gloves from the drugstore to apply it, and it always goes on smoothly, easily, and quickly. It literally takes me less than 10 minutes from putting on the gloves to putting my clothes on. Neither the color nor the scent come off on my sheets, so I can put it on before bed and let it develop over night. The final product is very natural-looking, even and glowy. I've even applied it before going out for the day or night and felt totally comfortable (which is rare - usually the smell or look of self tanner developing deters me from doing this). I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by PinkBronze07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down my favorite self-tanner. I purchased this from Sephora and am very impressed with the quality. I prefer this over any others I've tried (Xen-Tan, Million Dollar Tan, L'oreal Sublime, Jergens). This one is least offensive on the "self-tan smell". It has a fresh scent while applying, but after a few hours you can notice a faint scent (nothing that a shower can't fix). The color that develops is natural (no orange) and non-streaking. Be careful applying with bare hands. I didn't purchase the mitt, but if I'm not applying with gloves, I just make sure to wash/scrub my hands really good with soapy water & a nail utility brush or it will stain. I haven't tried the lotion from this brand, but I highly recommend trying this mousse if in the market for a new self-tanner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product changed my life. I am pale naturally, about nc15 and my face never sees the sun (I live in Canada). I had such a hard time finding foundations that suited me, because they were all too pink or too dark.

I love St Tropez Bronzing Mousse, it gives me nice tanned looking skin. The funny thing is, I can definitely notice a difference in my skin colour, but no one in my family has ever noticed, I think it's cause I look "normal" this way.

I apply it and give it as long as possible to dry. I typically do it in the evening, sleep on it (leave it dry for as long as possible before I go to sleep, couple of hours at least). It does come off on my sheets, but nothing washing it won't take away. Then I shower in the morning, it does tone down a lot, and will tone down over the days and you have to re-do it of course to keep it up. I find it stays on me for about 5-6 days. I haven't gone through a bottle yet, I have the large 400ml bottle, but I will definitely buy it again. I use the mitt (and am on my second one because I don't mind it holds up very well).

For those of you who find it's not dark enough, there is a "dark" version you should try out. It comes in a blue bottle.