December 18, 2014 | 1362 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 Metal Mania Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by louloubelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG I love this palette! They eyeshadows really are top quality and lasted a 10 hour work day without creasing using only WnW cover stick concealer as "primer." The individual shadows really are smaller than I imagined watching reviews on Youtube, but they're so pigmented that a little really does go a long way. LOVE LOVE LOVE and I will be purchasing additional palettes as gifts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by blueeyeddevil128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I compared some of the shadows I already own to the ones in the CS palette. The CS palette has some great colors but some have a more chalky texture and take more product to achieve a similar look as the "name brand" listed below. When I swatched the shadows, they looked extremely similar in color and shimmer; however, I wouldn't go so far as to call them an exact dupe (but pretty darn close.) Of course, it's just my opinion..so take it for what it's worth.
I labeled the top row of my CS Metal Mania palette A through K across, then 1-8 down.
CS Palette
H1 = Stila Kitten
E2 = Urban Decay Smog
F7 = Urban Decay Last Call
D8 = Urban Decay Mildew (close but not an exact match)
C8= Too Faced Lucky Charms
K7= Too Faced Full Frontal
K6 = Too Faced Socialite
E1 = Too Faced Glamazon
H3= Too Faced Boy Toy

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I'm the first one to review this product. It's everywhere on YouTube, seems like every single makeup "guru" wannabe has it, lol. Anyways, this palette is beautiful! I love that it's shimmery and metallic but not chunks of glitter. This is a fun, pretty palette that's perfect for creating various looks. I've always wanted to experiment with different colors to figure out what looks good on me and what doesn't but I've never wanted to spend the extra money on shadows I don't wear on a daily basis. So I've always stuck to the basic browns and taupe. And the few times I've experimented with different colors, I end up not liking the way it looks on me. With this palette, if you don't like one color, move on to the other 87 shades! The colors are pigmented, good quality, doesn't look cheap when you apply like some of the cheaper metallic shadows from drugstores and the colors vary from very metallic to a satin sheen.
I do wish they had a couple mattes in there. I know adding the matte colors in there would defeat the purpose of calling it "Metal Mania" but it would make the palette so much more wearable and user friendly. I don't know about anyone else but I don't like to use all metallic, shimmery shades on my lids. I like to mix it up with metallics on my lid and a dark matte shade on the corner/crease of lid, this makes it more wearable and flattering. I find it very odd that they have 88 colors but no black or dark brown. They have a lot of bronzy shades but they are more towards a dark taupey brown. Even if I were to use all metallics, none of them are dark enough to be an outer corner color in my opinion. A fun thing about these shadows is there are undertones/shimmers in it that you don't realize is there until you apply it. Today I applied what I thought was a simple white shimmer to my inner corner and a little under my eye. Later I realized it has a pink iridescent undertone which actually looks really pretty. But that can also backfire if you don't want certain colors.
Overall, it's a pretty good buy for about $25. I would say these are comparable to Mac shadows. Love the slim case, I was afraid it would be too bulky. I would love a smaller version of this though, maybe even half the colors in a smaller palette for travel since this doesn't fit in my makeup bag. The shipping can get pricey so try to go for the free shipping promos.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No