Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl jkDiisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glucdonolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING! I used it for my homecoming makeup and even after several hours of sweating, my makeup still looked fresh and just as flawless as when it was first applied. I highly highly recommend.

I love this stuff so much. It makes my makeup look perfect. It stays put all day even through sweat (a LOT of sweat, I teach hot yoga) and rain. It barely has a smell. The sprayer mists perfectly for a nice even application. It's refreshing. There's a psychological satisfaction that comes with "finishing" my makeup--it's like I'm checking off a to-do or something.

My only gripe is that I wish it were less expensive, especially since I'll be repurchasing forever.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't really feel like this makes my makeup last longer - if anything I feel like it makes my face more oily? Strange...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Overall this is a great product. It's the only finishing spray I've used but I think it works very well. I use it on top of my makeup when I know I'll be wearing it all day. Also, this is great for those hot summer days when you don't want to feel like your face/makeup is melting off. Just a few sprays and after a few hours when I look in the mirror, my makeup pretty much looks freshly applied. It's a bit pricy..but worth it. I started with the travel size to see how I liked it and it lasted me a while (I don't use it daily). I'm now on to the bigger size. However, the spray on the travel size worked better for me. The instructions say to spray in T and X formations and the pump on the travel size allows me to do this with ease. With the regular size, I have to press down much harder and its a bit difficult when trying to cover your entire face. Tips: definitely close your eyes cause it will sting and don't spray too close to face.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Ok...so I was SO wrong about this.

I had originally given this 3 stars because I felt like it made my face oily and my makeup didn't stay put. But, I suspected it was my oily foundation which I soon got rid of.

Well, using this with a more matte foundation suited for my oily skin, this stuff works WONDERS. I mean, I went out with my friend to celebrate her birthday and put my makeup on at around 830 and when I got back in at 330 am, my highlight was still popping, everything had stayed put and my makeup was amazing. It also controlled my oil and I didn't blot the whoooole night. That's amazing for my skin!

With that being said, if you find this stuff doesn't work well for you, it could be the makeup products you're using with it! You may have to switch stuff up, especially if you've got oily skin. As you can tell by the other reviews, this isn't suited for creamy or oily based makeup, so you may have to use setting powders in addition to this, which is OK with me because I do anyways.

This summer has been hotter and more humid than usual and my makeup has been melting off my face. I have combination skin so my T-zone can get oily. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I want it to last at least through a workday.

I added a smaller bottle of this spray to my last Sephora order due to the rave reviews. I was hoping it would help keep my concealer in place (I don't wear foundation) and prevent my face from getting too shiny throughout the day. Despite following all recommendations (using with a primer, spraying before and after makeup application, shaking well, etc.), I haven't noticed a significant different between using this spray and not using it. I think I get a touch less oily and my blush might stay on longer, but that's it.

This didn't irritate my skin, which is sensitive, but I think it may have contributed to some breakouts. At least it didn't make me look shinier or mess up my makeup.

So I wouldn't repurchase. I am trying Skindinavia's Bridal setting spray next.

This is one of those products that I almost hate to spend money on because it's so pricey...but I've gotten so used to using it and my makeup routine feels incomplete without it.

First off, I love that it evenly and lightly mists your face, so you don't have to worry about ruining your makeup. It helps control the oil on my T-zone a bit but doesn't dry my face out. My face does feel a little tight after I use this, so I'm careful not to spray too much. I have noticed that my makeup tends to last an extra hour or 2 on average with this spray. I like to spray it after I apply my makeup primer and again when I put my full face on. Overall it does seem to improve the longevity of my makeup and keeps me from getting so greasy.

It does have a but of an alcohol smell, which worried me at first. But that's really the only problem I have with it besides the price.

I love this stuff on hot days! The cool mist feels great on my face and keeps me from sweating, bit won't ruin my makeup like a water mist would.

I wouldn't say this is a necessity, but it's definitely something I love to have on hand when my bank account allows it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have repurchased this several times. I don't use it on myself often, because it does cause breakouts for me. However, if I am going to an event where I need my makeup to last all day, I'll use this because it does live up to its claims. I'll deal with the breakout. Your makeup will not move if you use this!

I use this on my bridal clients all the time, and it's absolutely perfect for that. After their event, clients will ask me what voodoo magic I used to make their makeup stay looking fresh all day. It's this!

I recently started working a regular office job after working from home for a long time. The longevity of my makeup was not really something I've had to think about until recently. I had a bottle of this Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray that I had barely touched, and I recently starting using it every day for work after being annoyed at how my made up face would only last for the morning, especially commuting to work in the heat of summer.
I've definitely noticed my makeup stays on wayyyy longer with this stuff...by 6 pm my makeup looks very close to how it looked when I put it on at around 8 am. It's also solved one of my old makeup pet peeves: I use liquid liner, and I've always been annoyed at how curling my eyelashes messed up the liner, even though I wait until the liner dries before using the curler. Putting on liquid liner after curling just doesn't work for me. So now, I put on my liquid liner and the rest of my makeup, apply the setting spray, wait for it to dry, and then curl my eyelashes. Liquid liner still looks perfect.
A few cons: I am definitely still getting the hang of applying this stuff with good enough aim so that most of the spray actually lands on my face instead of going off into the air. I notice that on the days my aim is worse, my makeup does not stay on as well, which makes sense because not as much of the product is hitting my face. So the efficacy of the spray for me is highly dependent on how good a job I've done applying it.
Also, this stuff will make your face quite shiny. I kind of like the youthful dewiness it adds, but I'm not such a fan of the forehead shine. To remedy this, I recently picked up the Essence Stay Matte powder, and I apply it to all the places I don't want dew (forehead, chin, etc.), so this isn't so much of an issue. I leave areas like my cheekbones unpowdered, where the shine from the spray leaves a similar effect to using a highlighter.
The price is also a major con. I can't remember how much it was for me, but it was not cheap. I think I'll probably try some other setting sprays to see if there's one that works as well for me as the UD stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using Urban Decay All Nighter in my makeup routine for the last 6 months.
Without this, my face will be coated in oil 1 hour after applying makeup.
With this, that is extended to about 2.5 hours. It definitely helps, but I still have to keep blotting oil throughout the day. By the end of the day, my makeup is still decent but not as if it was just applied. Still better than if I didn't use it.

I spray this on after primer/ before makeup, and after makeup. Throughout the day, I usually spray Evian facial spray every now and then to refresh, use blotting paper and urban decay de-slick powder.

Bottomline: It is better than nothing.

Sidenote: I just purchased the Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray/ Makeup Finishing Spray (Oil Control). It works SO MUCH BETTER. This will be the brand that I will be re-purchasing, moving forward.

Popular Primer/ Correctors