St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was recommended this scrub by someone who said it was the only thing that worked for her, and after seeing other reviews praising it for adult acne I picked it up. But it wrecked my skin HARD CORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have acne anyway but I could tell this was different. I know I'm weird so I think I just have a salicylic acid issue and this just helped me realize that. (I never noticed a reaction to aspirin...?) Either that or it was just too irritating as I also found the scrub level to be a bit harsh, but something caused major pimples or me. So I can't use this, for which ever reason it is. It's weird, because when I use SA products, my skin breaks out but the area where I don't have break outs is nice and smooth and less red. Go figure!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily, acne prone skin with my blemishes being focused mainly on my chin area and my skin is very sensitive to products (meaning the slightest foundation, serum, or cream will break me out). I loved the St. Ives Green Tea face wash but the scrub is a big disappointment for me. I noticed that I was getting results from the face wash (my acne and blemishes were disappearing) so I picked up the scrub to go with it. As a soon as I started using the scrub, my face went right back to what it was before and maybe even worse. I got these huge painful pimples that would bring tears to my eyes if I even slightly touched it.

I found the cleanser did make my face feel slightly dry, but my face had dry patches after I started using the scrub. I googled to see if it was the scrub that was causing my face to get worse and I found that scrubs can strip your skin and make acne worse. Perhaps I would have gotten different results if I used it every second day or less but I think it would still irritate my sensitive skin. The only really good thing about this product for me was the price at around $5 a bottle that's a steal!!

Unfortunately, I am heading straight to my bathroom to throw this product out after I finish this review because my skin can't take it anymore. I will be skipping scrubs and just using gentle cleansers on my skin from now on. I don't recommend this product to anyone who's skin is sensitive like mine and don't react well to harsh or scrubbing products.

on 5/12/2014 3:26:00 AM

its pretty good for the price and all that and you dont need much. very small almost microbead type of exfoliation. the scent is not like green tea and seems irritating and unnecessary

on 4/14/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Where to start...

This stuff is pretty good for acne. Its gentle enough of an exfoliator and the salisylic acid really what helps reduce acne and not make my skin too tight.

BUTTTT!

Its very scented and makes my skin scented.

AND even worse, the silica 'beads' are ruining the 5 great lakes in Canada/America. Our water filtration system is not filtering the fine silica in the product, therefore it goes into the lakes and absorbs toxins. So these toxic grains are covering the lake floors and floating around and fish are eating the beads. That grain of sand is actually a toxic silica grain!

I will not repurchase until they change the fine silica to something else like finely ground up shell. There are many alternatives.

So sad...

on 4/13/2014 11:28:00 PM

I would buy this for the scent alone, it just smells so amazing! Fruity yet fresh. I love how fine the exfoliants are, it's great for daily use. It's definitely not a heavy duty exfoliator, but I'd prefer it that way as it's very gentle on the skin and doesn't irritate. It leaves the skin soft and polished. I would definitely repurchase!

this scrub is so nice..... i felt so good aftwr using it. the little grains are small and not harsh like the apricot scrub....it smells good too....definently would repurchase

on 4/9/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love the smell ! Love the price. Really cheap and affordable. Scrub wise, pretty good at removing whatever makeup I have left after using a makeup removing wipe. Love!! Might repurchase but I'm looking for a little stronger scrub. Worth the buy:)

on 4/1/2014 9:22:00 PM

Love this Green tea scrub, and I'm neither oily nor have acne. In fact, my face tends to be dryish in winter but it needs a good physical exfoliant about 3x a week-- while this isn't the best exfoliant on the market, it cannot be beat for the price and has earned staple status in my skin routine. It's cheap, smells good, is a pleasant and soothing green color, cleans well, shrinks my pores, really deep cleans without irritation. You know, I can't really ask for more! I will keep rebuying as there isn't really a downside for me. It's clearly not for everyone, but what is?!
If you're considering it, do it, you may just love it.

on 3/30/2014 3:38:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! Great if you have acne problems like me. It exfoliates and reduces my breakouts.

on 3/30/2014 12:41:00 AM

I was excited for this scrub because I've heard green tea is really soothing for the skin. I really liked it at first because the scrubbies were a nice size and not too harsh. Unfortunately the dry areas on my face started peeling after I would use this. I use my fingers to wash my face and it made the skin on my finger tips peel too. If you are anything but oily all over stay away.