St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 6/12/2014 8:34:00 AM

I thought this product really worked for my skin, and caused no irritation or drying out which I've experienced before with other exfoliants etc

on 6/4/2014 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So disappointed! After reading so many great reviews of this product I purchased it with the hopes it would clear up my acne prone T zone. Firstly the consistency of the beads in the scrub is lovely, but the results I got were terrible. Within the first day of using it, my breakouts got even worse! No amount of gentle scrubbing helped in my case. This product caused me to break out with tiny whiteheads and nasty red spots popped up noticeably in places I usually don't break out in. My skin is not particularly sensitive so I was surprised at the amount of pimples I was getting. This product was also very drying, even after applying moisteriser after exfoliating. Not using this again! Terrible stuff. Would not recommend.

on 6/3/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this scrub for a week and it stripped all the oils off my face like you get that tight squeaky clean feeling afterwards which is bad bc if you have oily skin your skin will start producing more oil. It kind of worked for me at first but then I started getting a BUNCH of whiteheads like what ? And I started getting acne in places I've never had. I have acne prone skin there's never a day when I have clear skin. The smell is great but I'm returning this product.

on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was recommended this scrub by someone who said it was the only thing that worked for her, and after seeing other reviews praising it for adult acne I picked it up. But it wrecked my skin HARD CORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have acne anyway but I could tell this was different. I know I'm weird so I think I just have a salicylic acid issue and this just helped me realize that. (I never noticed a reaction to aspirin...?) Either that or it was just too irritating as I also found the scrub level to be a bit harsh, but something caused major pimples or me. So I can't use this, for which ever reason it is. It's weird, because when I use SA products, my skin breaks out but the area where I don't have break outs is nice and smooth and less red. Go figure!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily, acne prone skin with my blemishes being focused mainly on my chin area and my skin is very sensitive to products (meaning the slightest foundation, serum, or cream will break me out). I loved the St. Ives Green Tea face wash but the scrub is a big disappointment for me. I noticed that I was getting results from the face wash (my acne and blemishes were disappearing) so I picked up the scrub to go with it. As a soon as I started using the scrub, my face went right back to what it was before and maybe even worse. I got these huge painful pimples that would bring tears to my eyes if I even slightly touched it.

I found the cleanser did make my face feel slightly dry, but my face had dry patches after I started using the scrub. I googled to see if it was the scrub that was causing my face to get worse and I found that scrubs can strip your skin and make acne worse. Perhaps I would have gotten different results if I used it every second day or less but I think it would still irritate my sensitive skin. The only really good thing about this product for me was the price at around $5 a bottle that's a steal!!

Unfortunately, I am heading straight to my bathroom to throw this product out after I finish this review because my skin can't take it anymore. I will be skipping scrubs and just using gentle cleansers on my skin from now on. I don't recommend this product to anyone who's skin is sensitive like mine and don't react well to harsh or scrubbing products.

on 5/12/2014 3:26:00 AM

its pretty good for the price and all that and you dont need much. very small almost microbead type of exfoliation. the scent is not like green tea and seems irritating and unnecessary

on 4/14/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Where to start...

This stuff is pretty good for acne. Its gentle enough of an exfoliator and the salisylic acid really what helps reduce acne and not make my skin too tight.

BUTTTT!

Its very scented and makes my skin scented.

AND even worse, the silica 'beads' are ruining the 5 great lakes in Canada/America. Our water filtration system is not filtering the fine silica in the product, therefore it goes into the lakes and absorbs toxins. So these toxic grains are covering the lake floors and floating around and fish are eating the beads. That grain of sand is actually a toxic silica grain!

I will not repurchase until they change the fine silica to something else like finely ground up shell. There are many alternatives.

So sad...

on 4/13/2014 11:28:00 PM

I would buy this for the scent alone, it just smells so amazing! Fruity yet fresh. I love how fine the exfoliants are, it's great for daily use. It's definitely not a heavy duty exfoliator, but I'd prefer it that way as it's very gentle on the skin and doesn't irritate. It leaves the skin soft and polished. I would definitely repurchase!

this scrub is so nice..... i felt so good aftwr using it. the little grains are small and not harsh like the apricot scrub....it smells good too....definently would repurchase

on 4/9/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love the smell ! Love the price. Really cheap and affordable. Scrub wise, pretty good at removing whatever makeup I have left after using a makeup removing wipe. Love!! Might repurchase but I'm looking for a little stronger scrub. Worth the buy:)