St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 7/5/2014 7:25:00 PM

I love this scrub! I have normal skin which is a bit on the oily side. This scrub exfoliated my skin nicely with out being overly aggressive like the apricot walnut shell scrub. Good price since I got this on sale...Nice scent too! UPDATE: I no longer use this, I think it was screwing up my skin

on 6/30/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really like this scrub, although I dont feel like it does much.
It smells really awesome. The tiny scrub granules are plentiful enough to exfoliate, but it does not seem to exfoliate well enough. (Perhaps it is just me.)
I will always come back to this because other scrubs just dont "scrub" enough for my taste.

on 6/28/2014 8:44:00 AM

Fab scrub. LOTS of beads but very fine. Cheap as chips. Exactly what I want, scrubs my face very clean ready for a lovely deep moisturiser. No more pimples since I've been using it. Awesome stuff.

on 6/22/2014 6:01:00 PM

All the reviews I see really depend on your face. If you break out after washing your face, that is normal. It means it's working. That's the process of it clearing out.
I never really wash my face too often because I don't have a problem with acne. I get a zit here and there, but usually it's because of makeup. I find if i go a couple days off my wash routine, I break out with more than usual. But otherwise I would highly recommend this if you're skin is like mine. It doesn't feel tight after a few washes, and i feel very clean. I don't know any other product that has made my face feel clean! St. Ives is great.

on 6/13/2014 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product but don't use it too much cos your skin might become dry

on 6/12/2014 8:34:00 AM

I thought this product really worked for my skin, and caused no irritation or drying out which I've experienced before with other exfoliants etc

on 6/4/2014 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So disappointed! After reading so many great reviews of this product I purchased it with the hopes it would clear up my acne prone T zone. Firstly the consistency of the beads in the scrub is lovely, but the results I got were terrible. Within the first day of using it, my breakouts got even worse! No amount of gentle scrubbing helped in my case. This product caused me to break out with tiny whiteheads and nasty red spots popped up noticeably in places I usually don't break out in. My skin is not particularly sensitive so I was surprised at the amount of pimples I was getting. This product was also very drying, even after applying moisteriser after exfoliating. Not using this again! Terrible stuff. Would not recommend.

on 6/3/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this scrub for a week and it stripped all the oils off my face like you get that tight squeaky clean feeling afterwards which is bad bc if you have oily skin your skin will start producing more oil. It kind of worked for me at first but then I started getting a BUNCH of whiteheads like what ? And I started getting acne in places I've never had. I have acne prone skin there's never a day when I have clear skin. The smell is great but I'm returning this product.

on 5/26/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was recommended this scrub by someone who said it was the only thing that worked for her, and after seeing other reviews praising it for adult acne I picked it up. But it wrecked my skin HARD CORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have acne anyway but I could tell this was different. I know I'm weird so I think I just have a salicylic acid issue and this just helped me realize that. (I never noticed a reaction to aspirin...?) Either that or it was just too irritating as I also found the scrub level to be a bit harsh, but something caused major pimples or me. So I can't use this, for which ever reason it is. It's weird, because when I use SA products, my skin breaks out but the area where I don't have break outs is nice and smooth and less red. Go figure!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily, acne prone skin with my blemishes being focused mainly on my chin area and my skin is very sensitive to products (meaning the slightest foundation, serum, or cream will break me out). I loved the St. Ives Green Tea face wash but the scrub is a big disappointment for me. I noticed that I was getting results from the face wash (my acne and blemishes were disappearing) so I picked up the scrub to go with it. As a soon as I started using the scrub, my face went right back to what it was before and maybe even worse. I got these huge painful pimples that would bring tears to my eyes if I even slightly touched it.

I found the cleanser did make my face feel slightly dry, but my face had dry patches after I started using the scrub. I googled to see if it was the scrub that was causing my face to get worse and I found that scrubs can strip your skin and make acne worse. Perhaps I would have gotten different results if I used it every second day or less but I think it would still irritate my sensitive skin. The only really good thing about this product for me was the price at around $5 a bottle that's a steal!!

Unfortunately, I am heading straight to my bathroom to throw this product out after I finish this review because my skin can't take it anymore. I will be skipping scrubs and just using gentle cleansers on my skin from now on. I don't recommend this product to anyone who's skin is sensitive like mine and don't react well to harsh or scrubbing products.