April 23, 2014 | 949 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by compassionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how often I am reaching for this e/s trio - since I bought it I've been using it on an almost-daily basis. It's a great combination of colors and it gives me a really natural, "awake" daytime look.

The colors are a bit sheer - especially the pink, which I have to pack onto my lid - but I found with a good e/s base (I liked Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and a little care in application, these colors look good all day long. I've actually received quite a few compliments on my e/s while wearing this.

I think the typical retail price for this is under $3. You can really beat that. If you are looking for a very user-friendly shadow trio for a day-to-day look, this might be for you. It would also be wonderful to travel with because if you lose it, it is inexpensive and very easy to replace.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colors in this are really pretty, though I didn't expect the pink to be as sheer as it is. It's a good color, but if you want it to really pop you might want to use a pink base underneath it.

I noticed that the pink was a little hard, and more difficult to pick up with my brush than any of my other Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows. I'm not sure why, I'm hoping that's just a fluke with this particular trio.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love all WETNWILD products i was even a fan when it was the old crappy packaging with pretty decent products, they werent the best but some of their stuff was awesome. the WetnWild Coloricon Trio collection is absolutely amazing from the older ones to the newer sets but Sweet As Candy has been out for a little while. so ive owned it a while so i can review it as thorough as i can..
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- this rocking trio will cost you only $2.99 yeah under $3. it may vary slightly depending on your area and where you purchase it- you can find these in drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc as well as Walmart & Target.
SHADE/FORMULA- Sweet as Candy is a great go to neutral trio with just a touch of color coming from the pink. There is a pink, cream and brown. all great on their own or together. They are labeled so ill go from the labels-
Brow Bone- stark white with a sheen to it, great for brow and inner corner highlighting also makes a gorgeous old hollywood lid color or wash. great for many purposes, def pigmented enough for alot of looks
Eyelid- This is a baby pink with a bit of shimmer this does make a great lid color and it can even be sheered out for a highlight even. this is a great neutral pink.
Crease- this crease color is a milk chocolatey brown that does work well for outer v area and crease. provides depth and contour to the eyes. i really love this color. it also makes a great smoky look on its own. multi faceted since it does have a almost metallic finish but more of a matte finish.
all three shadows are gorgeous. can me made into separate looks by putting this in diff areas than those mentioned. all are very well pigmented, go on super smooth. almost feel like butter, apply & blend well. i even use cheaper brushes & they work. pigmentation is the best from the drugstore, i was def impressed. theyve made me want more and more! of the trios i own, this is probably the most neutral and easy to reach for since i dont have to worry about colors and being too much. will work for everyone.
PACKAGING- this is a rectangular compact that is glossy black backing with labeling and how tos on where and how to place these 3 shadows on the eye area. great for beginners to learn placement. there is a clear see thru hard plastic snap shut lid. the shade is on the sticker and back. this is def sturdy and compact. great for travel and and on the go. slips in to pockets even. does come with two applicators, a sponge tip applicator that is actually pretty good as well as this bristled brush that has a weird angle to it. its weird but you dont have to use them but ive seen a video where it did work for blending so to each their own.
overall, Sweet as Candy is another great trio from WNW. i love these trios and Sweet as Candy does have some amazing shadows! i love it and im sure most people will too since we all love us some neutral shadows sometimes! give em a try esp if you love great shadows! they are affordable, amazing quality and esp since they are from a cruelty free company, i love you wetnwild! i will add some pictures and swatches and an update if anything changes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very pleasant surprise. I picked this up because i thought the colours were pretty and I figured it was cheap (under $3) so if I hated it, at least I hadn't spent much. Well, I love it. I think Wet n Wild has really improved their product (at least their eyeshadows) over the years. The colours are highly pigmented and long lasting. I am able to create a variety of very pretty day looks and feel confident that my eyemakeup will last the workday. Overall, an excellent purchase. Quality far exceeds its very modest pricing. I have paid far more for far worse. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Lovelyluisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its so weird because everyone seems to love this, but I've had mine for some time and just don't think that it has any pigmentation at all. I would say that the browbone color is the one that has more color pigmentation. The crease color is a sheer brown that could barely be used on the lid??? Maybe it is because I am of a tan complexion. The colors look very pretty but just didn't work for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This trio and the Walking on Eggshells trio are almost identical to each other. Both contain a lovely trio of colors that be used for providing a nice natural day look or a neutral smoky eye for night as well. I really love the wearability of the shadow a whole as well. They last all day without any touchups (which is very rare when it comes to drugstore eyeshadows).

Wet n Wild eyeshadows really have a come long. I have come to love them. And, I certainly do plan to continue buying more of them to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

Love love love these! I'm normally a HE snob when it comes to makeup, especially eyeshadows and lipsticks (but that's for another time). I never liked DS eyeshadows because they were pure crap. Not very pigmented, terrible lasting power and tacky colours I would never wear. I heard all the buzz about these being better than MAC eyeshadows and possibly JUST as a good as an Urban Decay one. The colours in this trio was beautiful and they work so well together! Reminds me of my childhood from when I would eat neapolitan icecream. These eyeshadows are pigmented, buttery smooth, and so worth it! I can see that WnW has really stepped up their game the last time I bought their makeup (which was a while ago). This trio is great for everyday (I wear to work and to school), but my hugest gripe about this palette is that the pink isn't as pigmented as the brown crease colour so then I'd have to pack on more colour. Oh well, it was only three dollars anyways, but I really think the quality is really good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I went into the store solely to buy the WnW trio in walking on eggshells. Out of the old palettes, the WnW Egyptian Sands was on of my favorites, and it is probably the only e/s I have completely used up in YEARS - being the product junkie that I am... and Walking on Eggshells is supposed to be nearly the same thing. Well, this one caught my eye instead, and I thought the pink would be something fun and different, as I usually stick to straight up nude/neutral shades.

I had high expectations to begin with. I personally think WnW has some of the best quality eye shadows out there overall. The fact that they are cheap are just another perk - but honestly, I would buy them regardless. & this trio did not dissapoint.

I found it to be very smooth and easy to work with, however they are so soft that you have to be careful with storage because they crack so easily, and they can really be dusty and leave a lot of fall out. They are also pretty pigmented. The pink is sort of sheer, but I like that, since I am not comfortable wearing bright colors on a daily basis (for work and such). The crease color, on the other hand, is really pigmented. Shockingly so. Sometimes I forget and it goes on really dark - way darker then I would expect. However, its not really too much of an issue because it blends really easily and nicely. The highlight shade is perfect.

The only thing I can find to complain about, really, is that it is very shimmery and it really needs a matte shadow to tone it down a bit. If this came in a quad with a matte such as brulee, then it would be PERFECT.

I pretty much wear it as directed: I pack the pink onto the lid, blend the grease color into the crease and with a small brush concentrate the highlight shade just under the brow bone and in the inner corner. Lastly, I take a big fluffy brush and use a matte highlight shade (such as brulee) and I use it to blend in between the crease shade & the highlight shade so it looks polished, blended and not overly shimmer. I wear this a lot for school/work because I feel like the shimmer can really brighten up my often tired eyes without being too frosty or over the top.

I would repurchase when I use it all up, which I do foresee it happening since this has been my go to recently. I will also go back and pick up some of the other shades. These do not disappointing, but I do think all of them need more verity in the finish rather then them all being frosty or shimmery.

Oh, and packing is pretty lackluster, but I dont really care, it's only $2.99, I just wished the packaging would protect the soft shadows better, a lot of times I have had to pass on buying because most of them were already broken in the store...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mkhenricks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color icon trios are fantastic products! The Sweet As Candy palette is an everyday, wearable color story and it's one I would probably love to travel with. The colors are interchangeable and can create a multiple of looks. The shadows are highly pigmented and smooth. No chalky messes here! Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by nushagol

I like it , nice colors very good pigmentation and wonderful price