Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 4/12/2012 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the only blush I use. I am fair skinned and most other blushes are overwhelming, but this one goes on just right. All I need is one brush stroke over my cheeks and I am good to go.

on 3/30/2012 2:04:00 PM

I bought this based on comments out here, and I wasn't disappointed. The color in the package is lighter and oranger than I usually buy, but I really like it on my fair skin. It's buildable and lasts as long as any other blushes I've worn.

I had trouble finding it in stores. After looking around I found it at Target.

on 3/13/2012 2:10:00 PM

Great, buildable color. Works perfectly on my super pale, neutral skin (it's not too pink, not too peach), but I agree with others that it would probably look great on just about anybody. I'm normally terrified of blush and just never use it, though I'm always told I need to (I'm super pale and don't want to look like a clown!)- this is the first blush that looks nice enough and is easy enough to apply that I finally wear blush on a daily basis. Gives the perfect dewy (not shimmery!) finish that leaves your face looking neither too matte nor too made up. Packaging is fine; brush isn't great (but what pre-packaged blush brush is?). Highly recommend, and at four bucks, you've got little to lose!

on 3/12/2012 2:21:00 PM

I really like this color. Goes on smooth and lasts all day.

on 2/22/2012 3:44:00 AM

I've never liked to use blush much because most shades don't look very natural on my face but I was amazed by this. I love the colour and not too shimmery which gives a natural finish. To be honest, I think this would look colour would look stunning on most people :)

on 2/17/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great blush! It's subtle, but looks really refreshing and absolutely natural on me. I like it so much, i've ditched my NARS, Body Shop, ELF's blushes and bought two of these - one in Santa Rose and another one in Bronze.
It's really cheap and I love the packaging - no excessive plastic, so it takes up minimal space, but at the same time stores enough product to last you forever.
The texture is smooth, silky and quite matte. Can't comment on the staying powder, since no blush stays on my oily skin even with primer underneath, but it's an excellent blush and i will definitely repurchase.

on 12/19/2011 9:57:00 PM

I was actually really surprised when I looked at the back of this compact to write this review. "Lasting Finish"? Um, no. That's actually my only problem with this product. I'm happy as all get-out with it because it was so hard to find such a pale blush. I think everyone wants everything pigmented, pigmented pigmented! these days and blush colors are deeper than I need for everyday wear. Santa Rose is a very pale peach, so with one swipe of your brush it probably won't show unless you're very pale (like me) or very very dark. I even have to layer quite a bit to get the amount of color I like, but it's worth it because I love the color and slightly dewy finish. But like I said, it's not a product I would describe as "lasting". But I paid four bucks for it, so it's a worthwhile purchase. UPDATE: Still not much luck with the staying power, but I reach for this blush every single day. And I NEVER wear products over and over again like that. It evens out and neutralizes the redness in my cheeks, as well as imparting a slight muted peach flush. It's also dewy enough that it would probably be a gorgeous highlighter for tanned and darker-skinned ladies. If it wasn't for the lack of staying power, this would absolutely be my HG blush.

on 11/28/2011 8:30:00 PM

I love all the Rimmel blushes. I have Santa Rose, Berry, and Pink Sorbet. These wear well and the pigmentation is nice. I do not find them chalky but I am very fair so it can be hard for me to tell on some products. The packaging is nothing to write home about but for 4.99 as long as it doesn't fall apart I don't care.

I decided to try this based on all the great reviews. I was very disappointed, in the pan this looked like a very pretty natural pink color and I thought it would look great on my fair skin. After applying one layer of this I could hardly tell it was even there. So I tried layering it but then it just looked chalky and dry.

on 11/9/2011 11:47:00 AM

My favorite go-to blush... EVER! On me, it shows up more as peachy than pink and that's exactly how I like it. The color is subtle and great for any occasions. It's easy to apply with a fluffy brush and I can build up on the color. This blush is THE BOMB! :)