July 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I'm sold on this stuff. I used a teeny bit, with some cheap eyeshadow from ELF to really test it out, and it went on so nicely. It brought out the pigment so well, that even my husband noticed how purple my eyeshadow was. You know it works when even a guy can spot the difference.

It's pricey. No doubt about that. But you can go cheaper on eye shadows because the primer gives them more pigment and staying power (ie: Wet n Wild, ELF, NYX all make excellent low-end eye shadows). It all evens out (or even saves you money!) in the end. So you can save the MAC and NARS shadows for special occasions ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by bmclaugh

I recently purchased the Nars eye primer. I have combination skin but no eye shadow will stay on my eyelid for more than 5 hours; I love this product! I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, I will say after 12 hours it barely creases but I dabbed a small amount of eye shadow over it and looked brand new!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am one of the odd ones out who didn't like this primer for my oily, hooded lids, which is why I'm writing this review. I will start with the things I liked about the primer. I like that the primer was a gel, it felt soothing when first applied and I could see this being a better alternative to those how have very dry or mature eyelids. It would be a lot better than say UDPP, which is so thick and tacky. The wand keeps your hands relatively clean and you don't have to worry about an excess of product. Also in a pinch you can use it as a lipstick primer (a little drying though). Also, it does keep my shadow on all day until I take it off.

Now on to what I do not care for. I do not like that the primer needs longer to set than any other primer I have tried. While my eyeshadow doesn't smudge it looks bland, neutralized, and it makes it damn near impossible to blend. I find my eyeshadow just doesn't look as nice as it does with my paint pots or trusty TFSI. Also the wand is nice in theory but I have a lot of real estate on my lids and there is never enough product to do both my lids. Lastly for the pice the tube seems so small! I know a little goes a long way but it just doesn't seem (to me) to be a very good deal.

No I wouldn't repurchase. I'm glad it works so well for everybody else, but I will stick with what works. (Stick, get it, because it's primer? Ehhhhh ;) )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jessica2015

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have VERY oily eyelids. And I have tried different primers, and each one I tried , within 4-6 hours, my eye shadow creased.But once I tried this one, my eyelids do not get greasy, or crease. It DOES NOT CREASE for 12 hours I kid you not. So if you have really oily eyelids, buy this! It is absolutely worth every penny!

**I also put this on my under eye, and it keeps my concealer right where I put it.**

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried many primers including MAC's paintpots, UDPP, too faced shadow insurance but this was the best one!

It keeps my eyeshadow intact all day long and I like its texture!

However, I'm not a fan of the packaging...wish it came in a tube :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I got this in one of the Sephora 500 pts packages and I know this will sound silly but I just had a feeling that this would be the one product that I did not like. Lo and behold, it is the one product that I don't like. I have really oily eyelids and have been very loyal to the Urban Decay Primer Potion since it has worked amazingly for me since day one. I used this primer under a black and silver smokey eye that I wore to a New Years Eve party and I went to the washroom about halfway through the party, looked in the mirror and to my horror, my eyeshadow was all creased and has moved all over my eyelid. I tried it as well at a party on New Years day and the exact same result. I never have had this problem using UDPP. I definitely would not recommend, nor would I purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

I purchased this to replace my Urban Decay Primer Potion based on the wonderful reviews. I am very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase. My eyeshadow creases horribly by the afternoon, almost as if I weren't wearing primer. I've tried using different amounts on my lids thinking I was using too much product, but nothing helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by soybones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this eyeshadow primer. It kept my eyeshadow on all night and through the morning on New Years. My eyeshadow looked practically new after I woke up in my makeup (I know it's bad to do, but it was New Years haha), with only a tiny bit of intensity lost. I have quite oily lids and this product really helps preventing any movement of eyeshadow that would happen if I didn't use a primer.

For the quality of this product, I really don't mind the price. It's AU$39 but I got it from Sephora through a shipping company for the American price of US$24 (AU$26.85). If I were desperate and couldn't wait to do another order from America, I would possibly spend the full AU$39 - it's that good of a product.

I don't entirely like the packaging, or just NARS packaging in general, because of the matte finish; it makes it super easy to get grubby. It could also be better if it were in a squeeze tube instead so you can get every drop possible. Other than those two things to say, it's not bad packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

I love this primer! I was using the UDPP for years but found my shadows were creasing after 4-6 hours. My eyelids are super oily so I had kind of given up. I figured I would try this stuff and I'm in love. My shadows don't move after a full day of work and going out after work. The texture is very silky and it dries completely clear. It is pricey so I will still use my udpp for shorter days.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh.

Without primer, my eyeshadow just disappears slowly. It doesn't crease, just slowly fades.

I bought it after reading Temptalia rave about it for so long and I'm super meh about it. It's nothing special - no extra long lasting eyeshadow power, doesn't give a white base so doesn't make eyeshadow pop more, etc. UD eye primer works much better on my normal eyelids.