October 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jjbug82

i have oily eyelids and live in tropical weather - which spells a good combo to get eye shadow creasing, doesn't it? well NARS eyeshadow base breaks the spell - i tried it for 3 months and so far, be it cream/powder shadows, gel/kohl liners, etc, everything stays put for more than 8 hours until I take them off with remover. it is really impressive, in my opinion it's even better than Urban Decay primer (to be fair, it is also pretty good, it only creases at the end of the day). it feels slightly oily when applied, but it seems to make the blending of eyeshadows smoother for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by CatLadyInTheHat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This primer is great. My lids get oily throughout the day, and I always used to get creases. I'm so glad I discovered primer. This stuff makes even cheap eyeshadows show up better and stay on much longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

This primer is my new HG! Prior to purchasing NARS's offering, I was a staunch user of Too Faced 'Shadow Insurance' for years. However the last couple of months I noticed it wasn't working on my eyes as well as it used to... there were patches on my eyelids where my eyeshadow had completely come off! My eyelids are extremely oily. So I decided to purchase NARS's version, and I really love it, since using it my eyeshadow stays on all day and night with absolutely no creasing or colour wearing off. Even though it's clear, the doe-foot applicator lets you cover your entire eyelid with the primer, then I just take my fingers and blend it everywhere. Honestly no matter what the weather is like, or even if I've been exercising, my eyeshadow never comes off! I will 100% repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Danix978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this eye primer. This is my HG product. I'm on my third tube of this. Love how smooth and velvety the product is. Highly recommended this eye primer. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is the shiz-nit!!! Hands down, best eyeshadow primer I have used to this day. (I've tried urban decay primer potion, too faced shadow insurance, Laura mercier eye basics and prestige primed eye primer).

This product comes in a tube with nars' rubberized matte packaging. Applicator is a doe foot wand. Formula is white and silicon-y. It glides on sooo smooth. Even when you apply eyeshadow right after, you can blend your eyeshadows without any problems.

A little goes a long way. I only use one swipe for each eye. I applied my eye makeup around 930am, worked an 8 hour shift (I work in a restaurant so I do sweat and I do also have oily lids/skin), went to the gym, did my usual 1.5 hours of cardio with running and bicycling..... And my eye makeup is still intact with no creasing!!!!

It is a pricey product but I definitely would invest money in my face and eye primers because longevity is what I look for in my makeup routine. Definitely would repurchase! :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Its OK. I wouldn't consider it my HG because if I use it every single day my lids become irritated. But for those times that I do use it it definitely keeps my shadows from creasing and fading. Definitely will not repurchase as I don't use it on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by morgs126

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!
I've been using this eye primer for almost a year now and don't understand how I lived without it previously. My oily eye lids no longer suffer with eyeshadow creases or eyeshadow just melting away and disappearing from my face. The beauty of this product is that once it's on underneath your eyeshadow, not even sweat will budge your eyeshadow, it's literally that good of a product.

You don't need much of the product, just a tiny dab on each eyelid, then give it a rub in and you're good to go. This means the product will last you a while as well!

I can't fault the product, however I can question the packaging. I love the design of NARS packaging, but with this product I can see people having issues with not being able to see how much product is left, and questioning if the doe foot applicator is the most hygienic design.

Price wise I'm a bit iffy on. I'm Australian, so instead of paying $25 for this product, I forked out $39 at Mecca Maxima. If I lived in the US
I wouldn't be iffy on the price at all as $25 seems completely reasonable for a high end product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I was torn between giving this primer a 3.5 or 4 lippies. The first thing I don't like about it is the container because there is no way for me to know when it will be running out. The second drawback is it leaves a white cast on the lid if you don't glide it carefully enough on your lid. Some would think it is not a problem because you will cover it up with shadows anyway. But it still can leave a white trace, a gloppy one at that, if you don't pay attention or if you have creases on your lids.

Updates: after using it for a month and getting used to its thick and gloppy white consistency, I found that it works better than UDPP in 2 respects: it is easier to blend the shadows and the shadows last longer (with no smudge as it clams) than the UDPP. I guess I will have to stick with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by emanij99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. I've used this primer with cheap eye shadow and it prevents it from creasing! Worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by xpudding

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this primer. This is going to sound bizarre, but I have really oily eyelids but also get really bad eczema on my eyelids. This primer feels silky on application and settles into this lovely powdery texture. It helps my shadow last without creasing for most of the day, but I do find that if I'm going from day to night, eye shadow creases in the evening without a reapplication. Unfortunately, if I use this on a regular basis (rather than only on special occasions, which is what I've started doing) it exacerbates my eczema.