April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean pressed powder - Sensitive skin

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this powder. I have used it off and on for years. I used it for a long time in my teens / early twenties because I wasn't very into trying different kinds of makeup back then and it was all I knew that wouldn't break me out (I used to break out a lot back then). My skin looks flaky and chalky when I use this. Truly, it makes my skin look horrible. I won't be buying this again. I use ivory in other drugstore products with all the ivories in cover girl just look wrong (either too pale, too pink, too yellow, etc).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I like this product, it looks good on my face or on top of foundation. I bought the one for sensitive skin and it has a cute snakeskin print on the lid. I like the ones for sensitive skin, because the smell isn't as obnoxious as the smell of the normal and oil control ones. The only thing about this product that breaks my heart is how easy it shatters.

x

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Covergirl tests on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by scatandpounce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

For only $7.99 at walgreens, this is a steal. I'm surprised that there are so many bad reviews because I love this product! I bought it a few days ago because my sister had the normal pressed powder and didn't have any problems with it, but sometimes my skin reacts badly to new products so I went for the sensitive skin powder instead, and WOW!! as long as Cover Girl keeps making this I will be a customer for life. It has pretty light coverage, which I like because I don't have a lot to cover up anyway it feels and looks like I'm not wearing any makeup (I don't like feeling like I have tons of makeup caked on my face, I like a more natural look and feel), but it did it's job well! It made my pores invisible, kept my face shine free for hours, and did a great job evening out my skin tone and covering up redness, which is my main concern. And the best part is that it didn't break me out like the Trublend Minerals Loose Powder did! (don't buy that one, it sucks). I just put a little bit on top of my moisturizer ( I don't use foundation) or alone and it looks perfect! The compact it comes in is really cute, too. I like cheap products if they work the same as high end ones, and trust me, this one does
!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 2 (On sale at Shoppers for $6.99)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised at the low rating this powder has! I first started using Cover Girl pressed powder back in high school like 11 years ago, and I used it faithfully for 4 years mainly because it was cheap and easy to get, but also because the colour match was good (I am Buff Beige). I strayed after that because I was trying other high end powders. I recently came back after I was at my boyfriend's house for a BBQ and my face was getting ridiculously oily because of the heat. I blotted my face with a tissue, and spied his sister's CG Sensitive powder in the bathroom... and borrowed some. The result? I was shine-free for the next 5 hours, and my skin just looked beautiful. My pores looked smaller, my skin just looked clean (it looked like I had no makeup on), and the powder did not oxidize. This one time made me fall in love with CG powders all over again!

I purchased my new compact today at Shoppers and while I think the packaging looks nicer than the older ones, I feel like the old ones closed more securely. If I don't put the cotton puff in the compact, I can see a small gap between the top and bottom compartments of the compact, and that makes me feel uneasy, in case the powder breaks, it'll be all over my bag. But, at least it's not a huge bulky compact like Physician's Formula products.

I love that this has no scent, and is oil-free, because even though I'm way past high school, I still break out from time to time, and I like to keep it to a minimum, and I know that CG hasn't ever broken me out in the past.

Personally, I find that applying the powder with the puff works great. I only apply small amounts AFTER blotting, and use a slow "pressing" or "patting" motion to apply, rather than "swiping it" across my face. I find that if you use just a little, it looks great and definitely keeps me shine-free for hours and makes my pores invisible. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by bboughton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product is a great value and one of the few I've found I can wear on my sensitive skin. It's not irritating at all and there are literally no other products like it in the drugstore brands. However, I have found that with continued use it gets harder to apply, i.e. I have to really dig my makeup brush into the powder to get enough on it to cover my face while with other brands, even the drugstore variety, this doesn't happen.

It has no SPF which is an advantage (one of the few powders without SPF I've found), because that can be irritating for sensitive skin and makeup with SPF offers so little protection it's virtually worthless. Why not just wear a good moisturizing sunscreen underneath makeup instead? But I've moved on to other (organic, mineral-based) powders I consider better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by crystalxo101

I love this product. Its really cheap and good. One thing i dont like is that they don't have a lot of selection for color choice. But i love the powder puff it comes with. I also like that it covers up a lot. I have acne and it covers it up and makes it look smooth. It feels smooth and you don't have to reapply it that often. I think for this price, people should give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by parker7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used dream matte powder and then decided to try the covergirl sensitive skin powder. Normally I have 1-3 zits on my face and after using this powder for a few days to a week my face literally had 18 zits on it. I spent a month wondering why my face was freaking out so bad when I finally was like DUH the only thing I've changed is my powder!! I stopped using the powder (went back to dream matte from maybelline) and within a week and a half my average 15-18 zits went down to about 5 and currently those ones are going away. This is the WORST product!! Keep your receipt so you can return it if you do decide to try it and end up not liking it. My advice is don't even try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by cdrigo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay I love this powder, I have it in soft honey....if you are looking for light coverage during the day this is for you. If you are a girl that needs heavy coverage then keep moving. I love this powder because it feels like i don't have anything on when I am wearing it and it doesn't break me out like most powders do. I use it with my maybelline fit me concealer and have a nice flawless look all day, without the feeling that you have makeup caked on your face. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jenmae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder definitely is not the best out there. But if you are poor and are looking for something cheap that will cover up minor discolouration and flaws then this will do. You have to blend it as it will leave your nose looking powdery but if you take your time you should have no problem. This puff it comes with does get saturated fast and you must replace it as it will stop picking up powder but for the price of it you can't complain. I have bought this in Classic Ivory many times over and will always return to it.