December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean pressed powder - Sensitive skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I have been using L'Oreal True Match pressed powder in Medium for awhile but havent been crazy about it so I decided to give this a go. I love the packaging & that it has no scent but the powder itself (I got in Buff Biege) was a bit too light & chalky looking going on. Supposedly this was the proper match for my skintone (NC25). The clean foundation Buff Biege shade was an ok match (a bit off still) but this powder is really off. much too light!. I ended up returning both this powder & foundation. Back to L'oreal TM in Medium for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkgreenpurple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do not like this pressed powder, I bought it to control oil and to keep tinted moisturizer, or sometimes foundation, in place. One reason why I dislike it is because I got the wrong color- 220 Creamy Natural. This color is way too pale for even my light skin tone. Also, it has almost no pigment to it. When you swatch it, you get almost no color payoff. However, you can use a kabuki brush and it will be fine. However, I feel as if this powder would have been much better is it had some color to it. My main problem though is that this is really caky. Even when I use a light dusting of it over my T-Zone, my nose looks like it has about a thousand layers of powder on it. Not to mention, this powder is not soft at all. It feels as hard as a rock. Skip this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Like the packaging and after two tries, found a shade match. It does mattify my skin, which is a good thing, but it tends to look cakey and magnifies any dryness I may be experiencing at the time. It was $5 at Target, so I got a good deal for a decent product. Just gotta be sure to exfoliate & moisturize before using. It's classic Cover Girl...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was terrible. The only thing good about it was that I managed to find a shade that matched my extremely pale skin which for some reason happened to be "creamy natural" which is weird because usually thats pretty dark. I find that covergirls skin tones dont really make any sense at all but anyways...

The powder is not very fine and its extremely hard to get out of the compact like its pressed so much into the compact you cant get any out and I just found it to be useless... given it was only six dollars I will still take it back to the store just for the point of it being so bad!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by lacrvane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really like this powder. When I put it on you can definitely see I put some powder on. Also, it looks really chalky and doesn't control oil that well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hate this powder. I have used it off and on for years. I used it for a long time in my teens / early twenties because I wasn't very into trying different kinds of makeup back then and it was all I knew that wouldn't break me out (I used to break out a lot back then). My skin looks flaky and chalky when I use this. Truly, it makes my skin look horrible. I won't be buying this again. I use ivory in other drugstore products with all the ivories in cover girl just look wrong (either too pale, too pink, too yellow, etc).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I like this product, it looks good on my face or on top of foundation. I bought the one for sensitive skin and it has a cute snakeskin print on the lid. I like the ones for sensitive skin, because the smell isn't as obnoxious as the smell of the normal and oil control ones. The only thing about this product that breaks my heart is how easy it shatters.

x

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Covergirl tests on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by scatandpounce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

For only $7.99 at walgreens, this is a steal. I'm surprised that there are so many bad reviews because I love this product! I bought it a few days ago because my sister had the normal pressed powder and didn't have any problems with it, but sometimes my skin reacts badly to new products so I went for the sensitive skin powder instead, and WOW!! as long as Cover Girl keeps making this I will be a customer for life. It has pretty light coverage, which I like because I don't have a lot to cover up anyway it feels and looks like I'm not wearing any makeup (I don't like feeling like I have tons of makeup caked on my face, I like a more natural look and feel), but it did it's job well! It made my pores invisible, kept my face shine free for hours, and did a great job evening out my skin tone and covering up redness, which is my main concern. And the best part is that it didn't break me out like the Trublend Minerals Loose Powder did! (don't buy that one, it sucks). I just put a little bit on top of my moisturizer ( I don't use foundation) or alone and it looks perfect! The compact it comes in is really cute, too. I like cheap products if they work the same as high end ones, and trust me, this one does
!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 2 (On sale at Shoppers for $6.99)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm surprised at the low rating this powder has! I first started using Cover Girl pressed powder back in high school like 11 years ago, and I used it faithfully for 4 years mainly because it was cheap and easy to get, but also because the colour match was good (I am Buff Beige). I strayed after that because I was trying other high end powders. I recently came back after I was at my boyfriend's house for a BBQ and my face was getting ridiculously oily because of the heat. I blotted my face with a tissue, and spied his sister's CG Sensitive powder in the bathroom... and borrowed some. The result? I was shine-free for the next 5 hours, and my skin just looked beautiful. My pores looked smaller, my skin just looked clean (it looked like I had no makeup on), and the powder did not oxidize. This one time made me fall in love with CG powders all over again!

I purchased my new compact today at Shoppers and while I think the packaging looks nicer than the older ones, I feel like the old ones closed more securely. If I don't put the cotton puff in the compact, I can see a small gap between the top and bottom compartments of the compact, and that makes me feel uneasy, in case the powder breaks, it'll be all over my bag. But, at least it's not a huge bulky compact like Physician's Formula products.

I love that this has no scent, and is oil-free, because even though I'm way past high school, I still break out from time to time, and I like to keep it to a minimum, and I know that CG hasn't ever broken me out in the past.

Personally, I find that applying the powder with the puff works great. I only apply small amounts AFTER blotting, and use a slow "pressing" or "patting" motion to apply, rather than "swiping it" across my face. I find that if you use just a little, it looks great and definitely keeps me shine-free for hours and makes my pores invisible. I love it!