April 18, 2014 | 1561 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Chromagraphic Pencil NC15/NW20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this pencil specifically because it seemed to be perfect for lining the waterline. Its not an unnatural stark white, but its light enough to make the eyes appear more awake. Its lasted quite a while on my water line and it applies smoothly. Great pencil from MAC!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by holly222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

received this today along with sun and sand eyeshdow and marine life highlight powder, happy with the pencil, its looks more natural for the day than fascinating. sun and san eyeshadow is a nice medium peach, the marine life powder reminds me of style blush, the packaging is nice actually, i bought this online when it came out on monday by tuesday morning it had sold out, it looked too nice to use but i buy products to enjoy not sit in their box.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by missjulie80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yah..I agree with everyone else. This is a great little pencil. I am an NC25 or C3 in Face and Body and I thought that the NC30 pencil would be for me. Unfortunately, they were sold out so I bought the last NC15 ....I thought it would be too lite for me. Low and behold, it is the pefect shade. On the waterline and inner corners, it brightens up your eye. It not shocking but you can definitely see a difference. I also used this to cover my acne scars and it worked pretty well. Might be better than my pricey Cleu de Peau concealer (although I havent tried putting it under my usual foundation). Also, the box says not for use in lip area. However, I can see this working to define the outer part of the lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing staying power! I use this to brighten my eyes by applying to my waterline. It stays on really well throughout the day when no other liner can deal with my sensitive watery eyes. I even slept with it on and it was intact 3hrs later. The colour is so great for a natural look and I hope MAC will bring more colours into the collection. Definitely recommend as its such a special product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

What took a cosmetic company so long to come out with a pencil like this? This pencil is PERFECT! It is everything I ever wanted for brightening my eye area! I won't bore you with all the inferior pencil names I have tried, but white ones were strange looking and "too" white, while gold and champagne-colored ones either looked "odd," or disappeared from my waterline before I got out the front door. This Chromagraphic pencil is the *perfect* color for highlighting my inner eye corners without frost & sparkles; for lower lash inner rims (waterline); and for separating that line on the outer eye corners between the top and bottom liner. (Hard to explain... but I've seen youtube videos on the technique.) I haven't tried this as a brow highlight yet, but I'm sure it will be great for that purpose, too. As for durability, well, mine doesn't last for countless hours on my waterline, probably because it is allergy season and my eyes are more teary than usual. But it does last long enough to rate this a "5" according to my standards and because of my problems (allergies). But it did last long on my inner eye corners, so I know this is a great pencil. I would DEFINITELY repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

I purchased this yesterday and my MAC was already sold out so i had to run to Macy's. I am so glad i purchased this because it's SO SO creamy! it goes on like butter and actually lasts on the waterline!! it's perfect for my skin tone since i am a nw15. it makes my eyes look awake it's not as harsh as a white liner which is why i love it so much. I also used this as a highlight for my brow bone and it looks great there as well, definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by babyscorpion

I love this pencil for the waterline!!! It is amazing! I love the color, the creamness of the pencil. It is so easy to apply. I do need to get a backup of it. I used it everyday since i bought it and i like how it helps me look more awake. This one is a winner! I am glad that at least it will be available at PRO MAC stores later in the summer, just in case i do not get a backup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Admittedly, the MUA at the MAC counter talked me into this one, so I bought it on a whim but I'm really glad I did.
I applied this along my waterline with just my everyday go-to makeup, and this really made my eyes appear brighter and bigger.
Also, I fell asleep face first into a pillow for a nap and it was still there an hour later, in tact. Er, the rest of my makeup wasn't, but that's not the point.
I recommend.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

When I first saw this pencil, I had no idea what to use it for. It peaked my curiosity though, after reading Troy Jensen's blog on Kim Kardashian's makeup for the cupcakes and the other rave reviews here, and I learned that it can be used for the waterline.

I'm quickly becoming a MAC addict. I rushed out and bought this pencil yesterday and tested it out...it is unbelievable. Definitely gives the waterline an amazing glow, unlike a white pencil I bought and threw somewhere in my restroom cabinet never to be used again.

Like the other reviews say, it does glide on creamy, soft and lasts (used it for an evening out and it lasted the entire time). If you're trying to achieve a certain makeup look, or just want to add some oomph to your daytime look, this pencil will do it. I lined the eye waterline, below my brows as well as right outside my lip line (don't actually place it on your lips...that would totally warp the lipstick/gloss color).

I wish I had learned about this pencil and makeup trick sooner. It will definitely be a staple in my makeup bag and can't wait to test it out on other areas of the face and on friends too!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought both of these pencils, this shade in particular is awesome like others have said for the waterline. Lasts all day!!! I really hope they release this exact formula in a black! Really great pencil!!