August 1, 2014 | 1046 users online

Blush - Cargo - Catalina

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lipstickonthefilter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS: pretty ballerina bright, or soft, pink depending on heavily you apply. its matte, which i like, and the tin is HUGE. i use this all the time but i doubt i will ever finish it.
it is a blue based pink which compliments about any skintone IMO. i would definitely recommend this to any girl.

con: i wish it came with a brush. also the pricing is a little high.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ctall119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the prettiest (matte) blushes I own. Adds a gorgeous pop of pretty pink color to the cheeks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A very matte cool pink blush, gives a very pretty girly pink flush to the cheeks. I like it a lot, but I don't love it, definately a nice one to have around though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by A_Mandarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Catalina looks very intense in the tin but don't be scared. The bright pink color is cool and clean. It goes on sheer but you can build it up. It gives me a very natural, rosy glow. It adds a little color to your face without being over the top. I like to apply it to the apples of my cheeks and then contour a little with bronzer. This is a great product to give yourself that "makeup? I don't need makeup" glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Sarah613

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, ya know I was really looking forward to trying Catalina. I was wanting it for a while, and when I swapped away my beloved Sunshine Coast SuedeBlush, I decided it was time to try Catalina. It is very matte, no shimmer at all. Which isn't a bad thing but with a blush this bright Barbie pink, matte just seems a bit strange. I find the blush a bit harder to blend than other Cargo blushes, and it doesn't seem to last as long as others as well.
The color is ok, I am NC15-20ish and its not that it doesn't suit me, it just doesn't wow me either. It's a little blah, which is hard to imagine for how bright pink it is (ok its not fluorescent)
I wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by DJHOTPINK

I love Cargo Catalina blush. Its pink color suits my fair skin. Im nc25 and at first sweep, I thought I looked scary. Like a doll with matte pink blush. But it looked good when it finally settled on my skin after few minutes. Since it doesn't have a shimmer, I use this as my daily blush. What I don't like is the tin can packaging. It doesn't look girly to my taste. It looked like a men's cosmetic inside my bag. It doesn't last the whole day so I have to bring it with me and its too bulky. Not to mention I have to bring a separate brush since it doesn't come with a brush. I gave it a 4 because it looks natural on my skin tone. It didnt give me comedones or I did not break out with this blush. If you want a candy pinkish blush, this one is a good buy. I dont think it will look good on dark complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ddha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cargo Catalina. Pretty Barbie-ish matte pink which is very cool-toned. As with most Cargo blushes, Catalina goes on evenly and smoothly and is very pigmented. I do really like this product, but its definitely not a unique shade. Every brand seems to have a blush this shade and one could probably be found at the ds - thinking Jane or WnW. That being said, I am very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend this product. I am NC 15, blonde, blue eyes and this really brings out the blue in my eyes. I usually grab this for weekends. I tend not to wear it to work though as it seems too "little girl" and since I already work in a male-dominated field, I find that everything plays into people's perception. I purchased this for about $8 at Pure Beauty when they had their Cargo sale earlier this year. I think they are normally $25ish.

In sum . . .
Me - Fair, freckles, NC 15, Nars Deauville, white -Blonde, blue eyes.

Overall Rating - 5. Although not an overly unique shade, I do love it and find myself reaching for it alot.

Price - 2. Only because I got this on sale for $8. They are normally around $25.

Packaging Quality - 4. I love the little silver tins and the amount of surface space given allowing me to swirl my blush brush and tap it on the side, but the tin seems fragile and I am always afraid that it will crack.

Would I buy this again - Definitely. It's an easy shade for me to grab on blah days and it makes me look pretty . . . well I think so anyway :) I am happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color - perfect for my very fair skin - gives a natural flush to the cheeks. Wasn't sure about it when I saw it in the tin because it is so bright, but actually goes on fairly sheer. I love the round tin it comes in - large enough to accommodate a very big/fluffy blush brush. My skin can vary from normal to dry, but I find this powder blush a nice consistency - never cakey or dried out - always applys flawlessly. I hope Cargo never discontinues this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I ignored Catalina for years because I thought it would be too cool for my NC30 skin. Finally I caved because I just sensed it would work... and it does. In fact, I'm ignoring all my other blushes right now because this just looks so darn pretty - the perfect angelic winter glow. Paired with a very light winter bronzer (still have some Stephane Marais left, though not for long!) it just lights up my face. Gorgeous blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

A couple of years ago, I was hoarding all of the Cargo blusehs, and this ended up being one of the ones that I obtained. As others have described, this is sort of a Barbie doll pink color without shimmer. For some time, I couldn't get it to work for me, so I swapped it away. Then, not too long ago, I swapped for it again, and while it isn't my favorite blush, I think it is a must-have if you fancy pink blushes. It gives a nice rosy hint to the cheeks, though for me (NC25, Stila 30 Watts) -- it is easy to overdo.