Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Boric Acid, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenylethyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate

on 4/3/2008 12:31:00 PM

I very rarely need to use eye makeup remover--my face cleanser and warm water remove pretty much everything on a daily basis (which is usually just non-waterproof mascara and eyeliner.) However, if I've gone out in the evening and really done it up with eyeshadow base, layers of eyeshadow, liner, several coats of mascara--the whole deal--I'll use this eye makeup remover. Since I use it so infrequently, my only requirements are that it remove the makeup completely and not sting my eyes--this succeeds on both counts!

on 3/19/2008 8:41:00 AM

I agree with some of the reviews above - in a war over the landscape of my eyes, water wins over this product.

Firstly, this bottle leaked more than once, even after I consciously secured it tighter, and left a little oilslicked pond and discoloration in my drawer. Water evaporates clear. That's one win for water.

Next, it takes an inordinate amount of product for it to take off non-waterproof mascara. I had to use 4-6 squirts on 4-6 different cotton balls each night, which frustrated me so much that I stopped wearing mascara so I wouldn't have to deal with this product. Now, if the product was free, I wouldn't mind having to use so much each time, but since it's not, I think water wins again - one flat rate for the whole household, so I might as well use as much as I want to wash off the mascara instead.

Thirdly, even after using 4-6 squirts on 4-6 different cotton balls, it still didn't remove all of my non-waterproof mascara. The next morning, I'm forced to carefully navigate my sleepy eyes with a treacherous q-tip. This product puts me at danger of losing an eyeball. Water never endangers my eyeballs. Three points for water.

After all that scrubbing with the 4-6 cotton balls and dangerous q-tips, I'm mortally afraid that this makeup remover will cause me to have premature wrinkles from tugging at my skin all the time. Water, however, does not cause wrinkles.

Ladies, we have a clear winner. If looking for a makeup remover, choose water. Even bottled water, if you want, because it'd still be a better use of your money than this product.

on 2/25/2008 12:45:00 AM

This is an okay eye-remover product. It's quite oily but it does the job. I'm not a big fan of the packaging because the container is so small, which makes the opening quite small as well. There's also not a lot of product in the container. Overall, it's alright. I would buy this again if I had no other choice.

on 2/17/2008 9:02:00 AM

this is a pretty good product i love the solution and i would definitly buy this again the only problem is that the bottle is soo small i go threw it like all the time next time i buy it im going to buy two at once, lol buy overal pretty good product. worth re-buying
EDIT: ok I like neutogena remover better

on 1/18/2008 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pretty good inexpensive remover. My mother has been using it for 10+ years. It works quickly on non-waterproof eye makeup, but the bottle is so tiny I go through it in no time at all. Good for a quick, cheap remover, but not as effective as Neutrogena Oil-free.

on 12/21/2007 6:37:00 PM

My mom bought this for me when I started wearing makeup years ago, and I have continued to by it. It removes makeup easily for me, and doesn't irritate my eyes or make them red. Will keep and keep repurchasing!

on 11/29/2007 6:03:00 PM

This was free with my Intense XXL mascara. The packaging seems cheap, but that's okay. It does an pretty good job at removing makeup, but it's only for nonwaterproof makeup, which I can remove with water with a little more effort. I wish more came in the bottle, since this only lasted me three months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This products stings my eyes. My eyes are very dry and sensitive. I would dip a Q tip in this product and use it to clean off my mascara, and it would really irritate my eyes. I had to flush my eyes out with water immediately after using this product, my eyes burned so much. I now use Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover and it is much better.

This is the only thing I would ever call my HG, I've been using it since high school (~10 years ago) and have never bought anything else. I love it because no matter how good a job I do at removing eye makeup, when I get out of the shower in the morning there's always just a bit of mascara under my eyes and using this on a q-tip is like wiping it away with water, leaves no residue and takes it right off.

on 7/28/2007 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is OK...not amazing but not bad either. I find it takes a while to get everything off, and even then I still wake up with small smudges under my eyes. I like how the product squirts out to minimize wasted product. My friend swears by this stuff; however, I have found better (Neutrogena's) so I will not purchase this again.