April 21, 2014 | 1203 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by huffle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I usually use one full pump of facial cleanser whenever I wash my face, but with this cleanser I found that one full pump was much too drying. It gave my face the shiny-but-not-oily look. I adjusted and used half a pump plus lots of lathering instead, and since then it has worked fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by CemmaW

Yes, I would buy this product again and I'm actually on my second bottle of this cleanser.
Can I just say I love this product and I'm ready to commit to it? LOL It is one of the very few "first products" that I got and love.(You usually get the wrong ones when you first buy a certain kind of products, like how I hate my first blush, lipstick...). This stuff is amazing!
I have combination skin, super oily T-zone and bit oily U-zone in summer, oily T-zone and normal U-zone in spring/fall, oily and dry T-zone and freaking dry U-zone in winter. I would use it all year except winter.
This is a gentle DEEP CLEAN face wash which is great for everyday use. It just cleanse away all the dirty stuff I get from the day and leave my face feeling fresh and clean and nice. It does leave me feeling a bit dry right after I wash with it, but what cleanser doesn't? I wouldn't use it in the morning simply because I don't feel the need to "deep clean" in the morning.
Some people say this removes makeup, and it does. But sadly not very well. I was trying out a cream blush the other day and that was the only makeup I had on my face. I use this cleanser to wash my face and massage pretty thoroughly around my cheeks. It did look very clean, it was a shimmery blush, but I saw no trace of shimmers afterwards. After my cheeks feels a bit rough the next day when I touch them. And I saw how my cheeks were not smooth, with little could-be-blemish-after-a-month-or-2( I don't know what those are called officially, they just make my skin looks and feels uneven, like I got little "hills" on my face, they look normal, no redness or whiteness, like a well-covered blemish, but might actually develop into one after a very long time). So I stick with my DHC cleansing oil when it comes to remove makeup, and it's a beautiful world again. This is actually kinda funny, because I got those "hills" on my forehead when I was 12, 13 and this was the cleanser that help me remove them.
BTW, this stuff contains salicylic acid which is great for controlling blemishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Found better cleansers. Leaves skin feeling tight and it didn't really help with the breakouts I'd sometimes get. The smell is pleasant.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Ashpanda

I bought this product thinking it would keep my skin from not get too oily and it worked for like 3 days, then my skin started getting completely dry and my face could barely move without any lotion, this isn't the only Neutrogena product that has done this to me, so I switched to Clearasil today and Im waiting to see if it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, this product did exactly what it claims it will. It is great at removing all my makeup, and my skin was left feeling clean and soft. It removed all my dead skin, and my face just felt cleaner. Over the course of a few days it completely dried me out, though, which sucks because I have very oily skin and that's not easy for a cleanser to do to me! I was very disappointed with this, and I definitely wont be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by loreij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i used this cleanser on a daily basis the whole summer and it did an amazing job at removing makeup residue and dead skin cells. it left my face clean, fresh and soft.

i never use this product the rest of the year, because my skin produces less sebum than in the summer and tends to get dry. also, in the summer i apply a crazy amount of self-tanner, which makes my skin a bit oily, so using a cleanser every day couldn't possibly dry my skin. unfortunately, this cleanser really does dry the skin and i wouldn't recommend it for dry or sensitive skin types at all. or maybe it would work with a truckload of heavy moisturizer (ex: nivea).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by soozenc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thought this would work on my oily acne prone skin, but unfortunately all it did was give me dry patches. Didn't like it, will not repurchase. As a matter of fact I returned back to Target and got my good old Cetaphil instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ahmazingemilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For cleaning its pretty good, but for acne it does nothing really, but I can't complain because it isn't specifically an 'acne' cleanser. It helps maintain a little bit, but if you forget or don't wash your face for 1 time, it totally comes back at you with an annoying breakout. I will continue to use it until i get to the bottom of the bottle because I am not a waster, but I won't rebuy at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this cleanser a long while ago for the hot summer days when my combination/normal skin tends to produce massive amounts of oil and sweat. It felt harsh and stripped my face of ALL oils, leaving my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable with dry and itchy patches.

I would have given this cleanser a rating of 2, but now I've discovered a good use for it.

It's perfect for removing my make-up at the end of the day, along with my sunscreen and silicon-filled primer. It cuts through the "budge-proof" make-up in one go, leaving my face clean without the harsh, "stripped" feeling.

I don't use this every day, so it might be too harsh to use as an everyday makeup remover. I probably won't re-purchase this cleanser, but I'm glad to find a good use for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ever since I discovered this cleanser, I have not looked back. This is my favourite cleanser by far.

Pros: does not dry out my skin (unlike the cleanser that treats acne), cleans my face very well (removes the oil and the bare minimum makeup that I put on), leaves my skin feeling soft

Cons: doesn't help treat the acne that broke out recently (not that it would considering its not an acne cleanser) and it is hard to get the remaining cleanser out once I reach the bottom (this is always an issue with this brand's cleanser in these types of bottles).