December 18, 2014 | 1729 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While I love the Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, and just bought a new bottle -- this non-cream cleanser I have found to be much too drying. With or without the use of additional acne products, this cleanser has made my skin so dry that it cracks, and is painful. Loading up on moisturizer can't even combat the amount of dryness this left me with. I won't be purchasing this formula again -- I'll stick to the cream!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by linna0306

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this made my skin flake so much and i started to grow little bumps all over my face after one week of usage.
this is does not foam well, and it leaves the skin feeling irritated.
if you just have a few pimples and sensitive skin then this is not for you! i imagine only very oily skin can use this without problems, because my friend who has oily skin experienced the same dryness after a few washes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been a big fan of the Deep Clean Cleansing Cream, so I thought I'd try this gel version during the hotter summer months. It's a good cleanser in terms of removing makeup, and would probably be good for oily and acne-prone skin, but I find it a little too harsh and drying, even during summer. The first few times I used it, it left my face with some red patches. They didn't stick around though, and I guess my skin got used to it because that stopped happening. But overall, I prefer a cleanser that is less stripping and more moisturizing. You could do worse than this gel, but you can also do a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin was immediately irritated when I put this on. I have sensitive skin so I have to be careful of what touches my skin. My skin was red and burning. I bought it because Neutrogena is generally a good brand, but this product failed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Iam asian dan 28 years old, living in Malaysia (pretty hot and humid here most of the times). I first bought this product when I was 15 years old and it helps me a lot with my oiliness in my teenage years. Iam 28 but I still use it, especially in the evening after work to remove my makeup, oil and dirt. Now that Iam married, I influenced my husband to use it for his face. He has oily skin, with blackheads on forehead and nose. It works great on him too!! I believe that the Salicylic Acid really does helps in clearing the pores and regulates the oil as well as sebum. He no longer suffers from "over-shininess" during the day. Am still trying to coax him into using them twice daily though. You know how some men are not really into this skincare thingy. But I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin. I also wish Neutrogena would come up with a smaller size bottle for travel purposes. I wouldn't buy again though cos am using something else at the moment. But there might be chances that I would buy again if I felt like it...hahaha

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by LittleTogi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cleans your face, great for taking off makeup also. Dries my face alittle too much, but using extra lotion after helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Lilsingsong3

I really love this! It smells great, works well, doesn't break me out and it foams up nicely. It's a good price and you get a ton of product in the bottle. It has lasted me a whole year and I'm still not quite finished it. I already purchased another one!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by fruitsflavor

This product removes all dirt, oil, and makeup. But it leaves my skin very tight and dry so I end up having to put on some moisturizing cream right after. Not the best product..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

This cleanser works for me. It removes all of my makeup without a trace left over. I use this with my Clairsonic brush and I haven't had a breakout since. My husband uses this too and says he has less infected ingrown hairs when he washes with this. Good stuff!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by volleyballcrzy03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this kind of on accident, because I ran out of my cleanser and so my mom dropped my off at Target and gave me like 2 minutes to pick one out, so I just grabbed the first one I could find. I usually like Neutrogena, but this one....not so much. For the first few days, I really liked it, it was helping to clear up my skin, and it made me feel clean. But like after a week, it started making my skin very dry and it started to flake. It also made my skin feel very slick after washing it and irritated my skin, which is usually not at all sensitive. Still searching for the right cleanser for me....wish me luck.