July 29, 2014 | 1893 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - HD Microfinish Cream Blush - all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

I've been looking for the PERFECT HG blush, and I think I've finally found it! I have oily/combo NC30 skin, and **most products sit well with my face... however, my cheeks seem to be the most sensitive of my face, since it reacts to ANY blush I've tried... until now, of course.

I've bought into the hype of MAC and NARS blushes, along with a variety of drugstore brands... I would try to deny that it was my beautiful blushes that was causing the breakouts, but the tell-tale signs of the breakouts being specifically in the area in which I contoured with bronzer and blush were too obvious... I couldn't overlook it anymore. I returned my NARS blush and decided to keep the MAC ones for special one-day events only...

That still left me desiring something for daily use. I've been lemming this since it was announced to come out online. When it finally came in store... I tried to save myself time and wait for some reviews to help guide me... Seeing youtube video reviews and some online feedback from customers finally made me go in store to swatch a few to find one to try...

I came up with #5, "Nip Slip", and it was so HARD to choose between all the colors! MUFE did a fantastic job with their color ranges, each and every bottle is different than the next. They come out of the dispenser lighter than the HD foundation itself, and a little goes a LONG way. It took some practice, but I like to apply it w/ my MAC 130 brush for more control. I just stipple it on, and buff it into my skin. After I'm finished buffing it in, I touch my face and it's already dried to a powdery soft finish. I definitely want more now...

I hate the pump, but come to think of it, I probably wouldn't have it any other way to keep things sanitary. If they could change it so we had more control [I surprise myself with how much comes out sometimes...] then I'd be even more of a happier camper. $25 is a little steep compared to my MAC blushes, but I'll shell it out if it continues to keep my skin clear and free of blemishes. <3

**Blush brands that broke me out: Neutrogena blush bronzer, Physician's formula, MAC, NARS. =(

I usually see little bumps starting to form after the first day using a blush that does not sit well with my face, and thus far, no harsh reactions w/ this! I still want to try Illamasqua's line and a few others, but I'm really loving this stuff right now.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

I bought this in number 7. The color is a matte, muted salmon that's very flattering on my NC30 skin. It looks like a slightly brighter version of NARS Amour. The finish is natural and it's very blendable, but I'm deducting a point for its lack of staying power. Otherwise these are fantastic blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These retail for $25 and you get .33oz of product. The bottles look tiny but #1 a little goes a long way and #2 just to compare size- Illamasqua Cream Blush has .14oz of product and cost $23.

These are highly pigmented, easy to blend, and long lasting. I love the finish that it gives- it's very natural and pretty. Just take care in application and you should be fine. I only have to use a pin point drop for each cheek.

Run down on the names- on the Sephora site it has name like Truth or Dare, on Make Up Forever site it has a color name like Fuschia. They all correspond with a number. That is why I have three 'names' for each of the blushes. On the actual box and bottle it only has the number.

#3 Truth or Dare ( Fushcia )-Matte bright cool vibrant hot pink. Love this color- it great for a bright fresh pink flush. This one is very pigmented and should show up on darker skin. I like to use the tiniest bit, blend and build up as needed.

#6 Quickie ( Coral )- Matte salmon peachy pink coral. Another one I adore. Less in your face than #3 but I think it is still well pigmented. I think it's suitable for light to medium skin tones.

**FYI** I have olive yellow medium skin tone, MAC C4 or NC37. Alima G4. My skin type is combo-oily.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like colors #9 and #11, but I don't love the product. It's unique, but I much prefer my Illamasqua cream blushes, as this one looks flat on the skin. When I blend it out, it looks like any old powder blush to me, and the powder blushes I have are more flattering on me. Product is not easy to apply evenly, and settles into my pores. I do not have large pores either! The product is very light but somehow manages to feel heavy on my face. I don't wear foundation, so this product is probably better suited to those who do. I would rate this a 3 for color, but it's a 2 for me.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No