April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought these since they won an allure award and kept these in my gym bag and used them whenever I went to the gym with a full face of makeup on. They removed all of my face makeup with one towellete (I don't remove my eye makeup at the gym because heaven forbid anyone see me without eyeliner on) and it left my face feeling clean and refreshed....ready to workout. I wouldn't use these at night solely to cleanse my face since I prefer to actually wash with my clarisonic and perform my night regimen. Recently I have been trying to buy cruelty free/vegan products and was researching the YES TO company...they are in fact cruelty free, all of their products are at least 95% natural, their packaging is recyclable and their towelettes are biodegradeable so I will definitely be repurchasing these in the future!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by morganmarie19

I've used SOO many different kinds of makeup remover wipes. Name brand, store brand, all kinds of that stuff. So I try these 98% natural 'soothing' hypoallergenic makeup wipes and they BURN like I've never had before! I've used the cheapest makeup wipes out there and my face has never reacted poorly to it. And these wipes that are made to be soothing, natural, and gentle absolutely burn my eyes when I try to remove eye makeup. It just baffles me how this happens. My skin is the least sensitive skin I know, so for these to burn is pretty crazy. Please if you have sensitive skin at all, STEER CLEAR!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by WeCameAsLameKids

I really liked these towelettes! I use them to wipe off my makeup before I cleanse my face and it really feels like they are getting all the foundation and concealer off my face. But I definitely would not use this as a sole facial cleanser. They're intended for sensitive skin but it seems from reading a few of these reviews that maybe they don't do so well.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading a review below and double-checking the packaging on my Yes to Cucumbers travel towelettes, it doesn't state on my package to not use on the eye area. My package states: "Gently wipe face and neck to cleanse and rid skin of impurities and makeup. No need to rinse. You're on your way!" No specific warning about the eye area anywhere to be found here.

So I used them on my eye area, and it stung horribly and required rinsing. Went quite a while without using them again until the last couple of days, and yes, absolutely avoid the eye area. Yowza.

Skin doesn't feel clean unless I before or after wash with my regular mild cleanser (Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash), but that's been the case with any wipe I've used thus far. Helps with removing makeup though.

I won't likely purchase these for myself (received this pack as an extra in a swap).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

Brought this at target due to sale and I been wanting to try it out for some time. At first I loved it, it took my make up off, but as time went on. It wasn't doing the proper job anymore. And also, it started to sting my face, made it feel like my face was on fire. I would not be buying this again or using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by NellieX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, I like these. They are refreshing, make my oily skin feel clean, and smell good. I keep a pack in my bathroom and one in my bag. Unfortunatly I didnt realize that this is an anti-acne product. I dont have acne, and while my skin is oily, I fear these will be too harsh to use long-term. I will probably purchase one of the other Yes To wipes when these are gone.

Edit: I have to change my review. I've been using these wipes two, sometimes three times per day, and my skin feels and looks so much better it's insane. I use them in the evening to remove my makeup, and then again in the morning to remove the night's oil and grime. I've stopped washing my face with soap, and my skin feels softer, looks better, and I don't get greasy nearly as fast as I did even a month ago (even in the hot weather). I LOVE these! I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by TheOryx

PLEASE NOTE:

This product specifically says DO NOT USE ON EYES in small text on the back. I think a lot of people who are complaining about this being irritating to the eyes need to look at their products packaging more. DO NOT USE ON OR NEAR THE EYES!

When looking up the ingredients (which is a rather short list) it is apparent that the harmful and irritating chemicals and ingredients in other facial wipes are not present. However, because of this, it may not work as effectively at removing makeup as other wipes. You win some, you lose some. They took all of my makeup with ease, however.

The one ingredient to point out, however, is Benzoic Acid- an ingredient that can be irritating to the skin and may cause breakouts. I did find these wipes to have a weird stinging sensation, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable.

They smell like cucumbers, which is nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such a disappointment. Was lured in by the nice packaging and the Allure pink circle that usually means a product isn't total crap. Sadly, the little pink circle lied to me this time. I expected soothing, but got an alarming stinging sensation followed by redness. And, it didn't even do a good job of removing my eye makeup. Had to rub my eyes more than with other wipes I've used to get the eye liner off, which left my eye lids feeling a bit worked over. Sigh. This one is straight for the bin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by teddykar97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It just irritated my skin. I used it to take off my makeup (which it didn't do well) and I felt a slight tingling sensation at first but then it developed into a slight burning sensation. It just made my acne prone areas bright red and the next day my skin still looked inflamed! I developed small bumps along my cheek bones and I never break out on my cheekbones! I am really disappointed with this product. I would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Pokiloki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't understand why so many "soothing" and "hypoallergenic" products end up being more irritating then just the regular. I was really excited for these at first because usually my skin like cucumber and I try to be as all natural as possible. But after the first little bit of using these they began to make my skin burn and turn red :/ However it smells great.