April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Treatments - Kiehls - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by sleepeystar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have combination skin, but there are days when my skin needs that extra boost of TLC from the crazy air conditioning in tropical Singapore. For a few nights in a month, I add 4 drops of this into my moisturizer and massage the concoction into my skin. It doesn't break me out as I don't use it that often and it relaxes me whenever I use it. It costs about S$98 but it is worth it, it is not that greasy and it is simple to use. I recommend those with dry skin to get this. It comes in only one size in Singapore but in Hong Kong DFS, I think they come in 2 sizes and it is significantly cheaper, so do check out Kiehl's there.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll51

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this when I bought Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye cream. At the time I was already using Josie Maran's Argan Oil as a daily and nightly moisturizer, so I was a little skeptical about trying another oil-based night product.

I was very impressed when I did get around to trying the sample though. I only needed to use 2 drops, as the Kiehl's sales assistant instructed, and my skin just soaked it all in. I didn't feel like my face was too oily after I applied it (unlike the argan oil, which sometimes leaves my face a bit too slick), it smells lovely, and I really think it makes my skin seem more dewy and glowing (both at night, after I apply it, and also the next morning!).

I eventually bought the full sized product and now use it every night on my face and neck. Big points for the packaging too - it's really easy to gauge how many drops you'll need, so I can see this lasting a long time.

I didn't give it five lippies because with moisturizers/lotions/oils what's really important to me are the long-term effects - and it's a bit too early to tell what those are. But four lippies for now - and would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm still a bit unsure on this product after over 3 months of use every night. The good points though - Firstly although it seems expensive it will last you a long long time I'm about a quarter through after using for just over 3 months. It does moisturize and replenish the skin over night and hasn't irritated my skin which is great and although my skin is oily it has actually helped with the oil levels.

What I'm unsure on - this product is known to help people with uneven skin tone and acne scars (although kiehls dont make those claims themselves) and it hasn't actually made a difference to my skin tone or scars which I'm a little disappointed on.

However, if this product lasts me as long as I think it will I would say it is worth the money for the other benefits it gives me. It would be cheaper in the long term than buying jars of night cream every few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Xaviera01

I love this so much! Bought it after much consideration because of the steep price, but I don't regret a single bit! It evens out my skin tone and my face has a healthy glow even without make up! I love it and will purchase it again :) the price is steep but it can last for a very long time because you only use about 2-3 drops at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Lawlz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Concentrate kinda on a whim and I absolutely love this! I've been using 3 drops for a month every night and from the very first week I started using I could see results.
I've always had pretty meh skin but now every morning, my skin feels incredibly soft and velvety. I was a bit worried of break outs but so far so good. I'm very surprised at how much my skin has improved (dare I say I have NICE skin now?) and I'll definitely keep buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a mix of oisl and i was expecting a serum. It feels light for an oil mixture, but it's greasy nonetheless. I noticed no improvement on my skin, and over time, the product gave me cystic bumps and dried up the my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Cocteautwin75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It's very light, non greasy and doesn't smell bad. I have a few small bottles I need to use up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While Kiehl's skincare (face) can be hit or miss, this product is a home run. I was nervous about the fact that it has an oil base, as I have combination skin. Frankly, any new product I try makes me paranoid about breaking out. I've been using this serum for just over a month now, and can't imagine going to sleep without it!

It's quite thin in texture, so I take the dropper and apply directly to my face so I won't waste any product. A little goes a long way, and 2-3 drops is enough for my face and neck. I barely need to use any moisturizer at night now, which saves me a ton of money (I use La Mer). I awake with glowing, fresh skin. I've noticed a drastic reduction in the appearance of fine lines, and my skin texture feels incredible. A product that actually does what it says?! I'd pay double.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by WintHD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started using this product last year after randomly going to a Kiehl's store and looking for nothing in particular. The salesperson recommended it, and said it was one of their top selling products. I never used an oil based moisturizer due to my combo skin, and don't really have a concern with wrinkles....yet:) This serum is pretty pricey, so I was hesitant to purchase it at first, but let me tell you, I am SO glad I did! This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used with the most dramatic overnight results. My skin absolutely glows like I just got a facial every morning. I use 5 drops of the serum (they recommend 3) on my wet face after cleansing and toning. I will steam my face with a hot wash cloth for about 30 seconds to open my pores before I use this serum. That seems to really help it absorb deep into my skin. Ever since I've followed this routine I have suffered no breakouts (only an occasional hormonal pimple). My makeup also goes on very smoothly, and I use much less foundation since my skin is so clear now. This product works great for the young, old, and all skin types. I feel very lucky to have found this before my skin starts showing the signs of aging. It's a wonderful addition to any anti-aging skin care regimen.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

As with some other reviewers, I bought this after reading MRC's good reviews here and I am not disappointed! Some background..I have really oily skin and have some old scarring from teen acne and a recent skin allergy to food. I incorporate this into my night skincare routine.I use only 2 drops of MRC after using my Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution and my skin looks dewy (not in a bad way at all), radiant and moisturized when I wake up. After a month, my scarring has almost disappeared! MRC really seems to work with my skin from deep within instead of just on the very top surface. I used to use Laneige Sleeping Water Pack and have switched to this permanently because it works much better for my skin. Love this product and I like how my skin has improved tremendously over the past few months because of MRC. Will definitely repurchase this despite its hefty price!