April 18, 2014 | 1033 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro Enamel all shades, new square bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got steel grey last year since grey was a very trendy and popular color then. i love the color! i use it for both pedi and mani. the brush is very nice and easy to use. only 2 coats and it applies evenly, better than OPI which I have to layer more. it lasts for a few days. overall quality is better than OPI in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in three shades, purchased over a span of a couple months. I have Burgundy Flirt, Midnight Blue, and Sunset Orange. All of them have a nice, shimmer-free formula(I believe the only shimmery polish in this line is a teal) , a lovely wide brush that I'll talk about later, and a classy square bottle that fools you into thinking you're getting more product than you are, but I don't mind, since I never get through my polishes.
The brush is wide and makes for a good, opaque application, but it does make some polish seep into the edges of my nails and picks up too much product sometimes.
Individually, all of these formulas are cremes/jellys. They become opaque after three swipes but are sheer for the first layer. You need to build, and the brush's delivery makes for a sometimes goopy application. Also, since the application is thick, mine start to peel in three days, which is better than some but nowhere near the 10 promised days. This is with a clear polish base and a Sally Hansen top coat.
Midnight Blue and Burgundy Flirt, on my NC40, are both too dark for their names for the first few days. MB is virtually black and the BF is a bit too brown for me, but in a couple days the sun and wear makes them the color I bought them for. I don't mind the first colors, either, so it's fine by me. Sunset Orange took four coats to get where I wanted and was goopier than the others.
Overall, I'll repurchase for the creme formula and beautiful colors, but it isn't perfect and I have problems with the application and the staying power that isn't as good as promised

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro shade Stiletto (375), which must be the most perfect red creme ever. Three easy coats and you have a bright, pure red shade. This is RED - it doesn't lean orangish, yellowish, or blueish. The formula is so good your nails practically paint themselves. I love the brush on these polishes - wide with a curved tip, it makes application really easy as you can paint right up to the natural curve of your cuticles without getting polish all over them. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by missymaegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up a bottle of Steel Grey and thought it would be a really awkward color on me, but it turned out to be my go to practical color for work and more conservative events. Honestly, Steel Grey is more of a plum then any sort of grey.

The brush is flat and fans out nicely, which really helps to quickly cover nails and to allow for even application. The polish goes on smooth and covers evenly with two coats.

I think the wear is average but with a good BC and TC then you should be fine with at least a weeks worth of wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by beeeky9182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this nail polish in Marine Blue. I LOVE it! Easy to apply and stays on for a long time

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by pudadough

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have Steel Gray (tried it after Commander in Chic by Sally Hansen-that one chipped WAY too soon.) and Purple Rain. Love them both. I WILL be buying more. With a top coat I have easily gotten 5-6 days out of these. And that's a record for me! Great polishes, all around!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in quite a few shades but my most recent purchase is Sunset Orange - at 2 coats it still has a bit of a bright coral color but I've got 3 coats and WOO it is like traffic cone orange! I love it. Also, the brush is the best I've found in drug store nail polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by numsy

During a quick Target run, I picked up French Lingerie on a whim. I've been lusting after a good light, baby pink polish similar to Essie's Fiji, and it looked similar in the bottle, but French Lingerie is almost completely white...not what I was looking for. Since it's winter my hands are also a lot paler and it does not look good, maybe the color would be more flattering with a tan....also a little streaky and required a good three coats to get it opaque. Cute packaging, not worth it though (at least in this color!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brand in "Sunset Orange". Its a really lovely orangey-red. The color is just beautiful and glossy!
Update: I now own Stilletto Red, Marine Blue (which I gave to my younger sister), Cherry Fashion, and my favorite, "Desert Rose". I love each shade, but they do tend to crack at the tips after 3 days. I've just learned a new way to combat this: vinegar. Apparently you swipe each nail before you apply the color and it truly will last up to a week. Just thought I'd share.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love these brushes, this is inexpensive polish that goes on like buttah! love em! I have purple rain (vamp-like) and midnight blue (dark, dark blue) and they're gorg! I think I may just go buy another right now ;)