October 31, 2014 | 1705 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Aureo

I bought it from eBay so it was quite cheap, only cost me like AUD6 including shipping. The bottle was a bit smaller than what I expected but doesn't bother me much.
Just like what the online reviews say, the primer is real good! Put this on yesterday together with eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow! Bear in mind that I cried a bit yesterday and I wore it for 10 hrs too..
Eyeshadow didn't crease, eyelid stayed relatively oil free!
Eyeliner was still at where it was! Mascara, same place as it was!
Also, the colour of the eyeshadow was more vibrant than without primer!:) Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Frouwke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

EDIT: I have the feeling they changed the formula. Now this one creases on me as well. I could cry.

Bought this one after my NYX HD Eyeshadow base failure based on some lovely reviews here.. And damn! This stuff does the job. I don't have money for a Too Faced or Urban Decay primer, but I don't mind trying stuff and I'm definitely glad I tried this. No creasing, and it stays on forever. Buy again, and recommend others? YES!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by nessy091785

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eye primer! My eyeshadow stays all day even im in a very humid country. I'm just having hard time removing my eyeshadow even after washing my face because of the super stay effect! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Karosel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent product for a great price! I love it. It works way better than the overpriced urban decay primer potion.

It has a lovely creamy texture that is easy to spread and blend around on the eyelid. The shadows do not crease at all and the eyeshadow stays put over 8 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If only it does not appear blotchy when I accidentaly apply it to the outer corners of my eyes, this would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

Great stuff! If you have oily lids, this is simply wonderful. I think because most Asian women have monolids, etude designed their primer to be even more smudge & crease proof than other primers out there. It actually works better than UDPP on my monolid eyes! Does all the things primers should do, but for a fraction of the price. It retails for around $4-5, but I will be stocking up on these babies during Etude House's annual sales. Must-try item!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

WOW! That's all I can say after trying this product. Before using this I was a faithful UDPP devotee, but I think I'm converted. At around $5, this is literally the single best eye primer that I've ever tried.

I was a little skeptical about trying a new eye primer, but thanks to the smashing reviews on here, I decided to order this on Ebay...And boy am I glad I did.

I have very deep set eyes with very oily lids, and this even keeps MY eye makeup in place all day with no transferring, creasing or smudging. I often wear this under eyeliner alone to keep it in place. Also, this product was able to keep my loose mineral pigments in place all day with zero fall out, something my beloved UDPP was not able to do. I was thinking about buying a glitter adhesive (such as Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy) for my loose shadows, but thanks to Etude I don't think that will be necessary :)

As far as the packaging goes, I personally think it's adorable and I love how I can actually see how much product that I have left. Many people don't like the super long wand, but I do because it's easy to grasp. I dab a little where my eye makeup will be applied, then I use my finger to spread it around. The consistency of this product is also nice. It's much less thick than that of UDPP and the tiniest amount goes a long way. Spreads well too.

I cannot say enough about this product. It's worked better for me than any other primer I've tried (even pricey, high end ones). Just goes to show the little gems that you can find if you shop around. I still love UDPP, but I love this even more :) 5 stars!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by vagabondking

i have oily lids, so my eyeliner/dark eyeshadow is forever smudging on me, so i pretty much need primer like i need air. i've used both Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion, and while i love them both, they are quite expensive. in my quest for a cheaper alternative, i've tried NYX's HD Eye Shadow Base and regular Eye Shadow Base, which both ended in relative disappointment. i also haven't been able to find E.L.F where i live, so i pretty much resigned myself to never finding that good alternative.

then i saw this while perusing for bb cream online, looked up some of the reviews (on here and elsewhere), and decided to try it out for myself. at less than $10 CAD, i figured it couldn't be worse than the NYX HD shadow primer (which i had gotten for about the same price). best decision EVER. okay, so i may be exaggerating a little (i'm sure i've made plenty of other really good decisions before), but the point is, i have not regretted getting this primer at all.

no smudging. my shadows and liners (liquid and pencil) stayed put except for some very minimal smudging at the outer corners after a long (say . . . at least a good 8 hours) day. if i use my Bobbi Brown gel liner, then not even any of that outer corner smudging at all. the texture is quite creamy, not as thin as TFSI or UDPP, but spreads just as easily and doesn't feel greasy or anything. i think the only con about this would be the bottle and applicator, because it's similar (in a sense) to the old UDPP bottle and applicator, and i'm afraid i won't be able to reach all of the product once i've used it more. i love this primer though and i will definitely be repurchasing this when i'm done.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

I was a little weary of this product only because I love my UDPP so much. I ordered some online, but while waiting to get it in the mail, I went to Etude House and bought this because the reviews looked good and it was rumored to be cheap.

Wow, it is really cheap, and works so great! I feel it is pretty similar to UD and my eye makeup stayed on for 2 days and looked great!

At 5,500 W or around $4.50 it is cheap and a great product. I will definitely be buying this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by x3sheeey

Love this Primer! It performs just as well (or maybe a little better) than UDPP, and for a quarter of the price! I wished I bought back ups when I was in the Philippines =(