LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 3/12/2014 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I first received this primer when I purchased the Lorac Pro Palette. This works REALLY well with the lorac pro palette eyeshadows. They never crease when I use this, and eyeshadow looks last all night)

When I use this with Urban Decay naked palettes, it is slightly less effective. Certain shadows tend to slightly crease at the end of a long day. Although it still works very well, I prefer to use UD primer with UD shadows.

If I only had the budget for one primer (between UD and Lorac) I would pick the Lorac primer. It works well with both palettes. (I didn't think the UD primer worked as well with the Lorac shadows, as the Lorac primer worked with UD shadows though)
After experimenting with both primers, I bought the full size Lorac primer. Both are very good.

I would prefer different packaging, not a fan of the squeeze tube. I warm the product in between my fingers before applying to my eye area, otherwise it goes on a little too thick.

on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 PM

Best primer I have ever tried!

on 2/9/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Eyeshadow creases within a few hours. Not a fan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lucky me, I received two deluxe size samples of this product this Christmas one with a an Ulta set and one with my Lorac pro palette. I have enough primer to last me months all for free. I would have never picked this up because I have a professional size UDPP and a TooFaced Candlelight Shadow Insurance, I adore both. However, the lorac is very effective as UDPP. I think the packaging is as or if not more convenient. It leaves really no trace of color, so it is not made to be a corrector. It protects against creasing just as well as it counterparts and it recieves little or no attention.

on 2/2/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I thought I liked this product, but I was wrong. My eye shadows didn't crease, but the color faded throughout the day until I was left with almost nothing. One day I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance instead, and I was amazed at the difference. So I'd buy that instead.

on 2/1/2014 9:34:00 PM

I guess I am in the minority with this one, I'm just not all that fond of this product. It does do a decent job of keeping my eye shadow from creasing, however, it is it makes some shadows really hard to blend. It's a dry formula that really grabs onto shadows, which is great for making your makeup last but not so great for application. I wear a lot of matte eye shadows and it was a nightmare trying to get them to blend over this. Some brands were more forgiving than others: UD shadows did fine with this product, while Inglot shadows were completely unusable with this. I used up most of my tube but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This primer is my go-to, everyday eye shadow primer. I've had problems in the past with the Urban Decay Primer Potion creasing, Nars creases on me, Too Faced is okay, most cream shadows even MUFE Aqua Creams crease on me, and anything from the drug store is a no go. I can have my eye makeup on for twelve hours plus and it won't budge. I do notice that sometimes depending on the brand, the shadow will start to fade after a while. I'm more so looking for something that will keep my shadow on though because my lids and face overall is like an oil slick. The packaging is fine and the product lasts a pretty long time because you really don't need much. As an aside, I find if I do have a little too much product on or if I apply it after I put my concealer on under my eyes it will settle into those little fine lines and look cakey and kind of gross. If that happens though I just smooth it out with a buffing brush and it's alright. I only wish that my eye shadow wouldn't fade, but I feel like that's just me being critical after a long day of wearing makeup.

on 1/21/2014 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

So far, I've only tried the sample size of this that I got with the PRO palette, but I have to say that I'm impressed.

My usual go-to eye primer is NARS, as it's the only one that has worked on my oily lids, but LORAC worked great as well, actually.

I much prefer this tube packaging then the NARS one - it feels more sanitary and not as wasteful.

The product itself is coloured, but dries invisible rather quickly. Creates a smooth base for eyeshadow and liner and stays on all day.

My biggest trouble with eyeshadow is creasing because of my oily lids, but I feel like this really helps with that, just as the NARS one does. This is definitely becoming a staple product in my routine.

on 1/19/2014 8:56:00 PM

great eye primer, a little bit goes a long way, get a lot of product for price. Not my #1 favorite, if you accidentally use to much will cake up. I also have more so dry eyelids so I tend to use diff. product

on 1/19/2014 8:25:00 PM

This is a great primer, definitely underrated. Where UDPP is tacky, Lorac primer is smooth and creates a perfect blending surface. My shadows look amazing with this product. I will probably repurchase even though it's expensive.

This one is worth trying.