July 31, 2014 | 1047 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by carolinee08

I usually dont give ones, but this product just didn't work for me, and judging by the score, it didn't work for a lot of people either.
For me, this powder was just way too drying and instead of helping my acne it seemed to make it worse. I also found the powder to be kind of grainy and not very smooth. The finish was cakey on my skin and it felt really uncomfortable on my face, extremely noticeable as well. The price is high for a drugstore powder Ill admit, especially for the quality of the of the product. Although I prefer to buy powders from the drugstore that are more on the pricier side, I do not recommend this powder for people who are looking for a good pressed powder. Instead, go with Neurogena's Healthy Skin Pressed Powder, that ones my favorite drugstore powder. Its very natural looking and once my skin begins to produce moisture it mixes with the powder and sets beautifully. I also head that the Mineral Pressed powder from Neutrogena is really good too. So Neutrogena does make some good powders, dont get me wrong. This just isn't one of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by sassymexican

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is okay, it provides okay coverage, but it DOES NOT, repeat, DOES NOT, do anything for acne. at all. and you really have to match your skin tone as perfect as you can, because it tends to make you a little lighter than your skin tone, and because im mexican, this matters to me....lol. in all, an okay product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Care1225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh... Did not WORK for me! I've been on a crazy search to find cosmetics and moisturizers that are safe for my majorly sensitive acne prone/combination (but seems mostly dry latey) skin type. I'm very fair.. and red in the cheeks and nose and chin area. This worked "OK" as far as coverage. Nothing to write home about. It did feel quite abit orangy/potentially cakey on my face..and didnt exactly cover very well. I guess if anything it was slightly mattifying on my face. The MAJOR drawback for me..is that after I put this on.. I started to get misc. small hives here and there. Then the very next day cystic ACNE!! One by my hairline, and a couple down by my jaw and chin!! NOT COOL! I'm returning this!! I've been working so hard to try and not wear anything to clear my face..and i just cant win here. I hope to find some kind of cosmetics/moisturizers to use on my face to make me feel better about myself!! GRrrr

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by bisforbrit

LOVE THIS! I bought this at Ulta for like, 4 bucks because it's always on sale, plus they have coupons. I bought this when I started breaking out for no apparent reason and I was hoping this would clear up my skin and make me less worried about my breakouts/scars. At first I was skeptical, but it has been about 3 or 4 months and my skin looks SO MUCH BETTER. I also realized that yes, the little sponge they gave you to apply the makeup with sucks, and use a foundation brush for liquid/creme makeup to apply more coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by wildjasmine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes my face orange and flaky. It hardly covers and has zero oil control .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i hate this powder. it doesnt provide enough coverage or any really (considering its targeted towards ppl with acne, they shouldve made it so that it does actually cover your acne) and just makes my face look dry and flakey. it doesnt control oil well and it doesnt do anything for acne. staying power is just as bad, by lunch time, there was nothing on my face. theres no spf in it, no skin benefits. the flimsy puff is a joke. i cant believe i paid 17 bucks for it! do NOT waste your money on this, drug store powders that cost a fraction of this stuff are better than this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sexygirl999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this looked suspiciously orange for a Classic Ivory shade when I looked at it, but I bought it anyway for the skin clearing benefits and because I usually trust Neutrogena. Turns out it *definitely* looks quite orange on, even when just using it to dust my face with a kabuki brush. The oil control is not impressive at all, either. As for the skin clearing benefits, I don't want to keep looking orange for a few weeks to see if it does anything for my acne. Finally, it was just too expensive for a pretty bad powder. I don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by iamlizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

my dermatologist recommended me using neutrogena makeup so i picked this powder up at wal-mart. it feels very light i apply this with a kabuki brush i dont use the sponge it comes with. it looks pretty natural on me so thats a plus. it's ok at controlling oil but i still get a bit shiny on my t-zone unfortunately, but overall its a good product i will definately buy this again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Velvettemine

what can I say? I'm a neutrogena girl! Eversince I tried this, Its been a year! My face is clear and I just love how light this product is. Neutrogena is my true Bestfriend.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by laurenisrandom

This product is decent, but nothing amazing. The coverage is very light, and it does nothing in the way of clearing skin or preventing breakouts. It is basically just a translucent powder. A very expensive translucent powder hahaha. This isn't completely unusable, but I don't reach for it first. I've hit pan on it and now I'm just trying to use it all up on days when I don't go out and just want mattifying. All it really does well is keep me from getting oily, but there are much cheaper alternatives!