Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Nylon 12, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone 11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

This product actually works! I was presently surprised. Most reviews say they did not like this, but I did. I have Normal-Oily skin, and this reduced all of my zits and blemishes! It also completely matched my skin tone, which is EXTREMELY hard to do since my skin is so pale!
This is NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF COVERAGE! I use this because i want a little bit of coverage but not enough to cover my natural skin. I have freckles that dot the bridge of my nose, so i use them as a guideline. If it completely covers my freckles, its too much. This was the perfect amount of coverage for me! I do have to apply this a couple times throughout the day while I'm in school, but that is completely normal.
As for the price, its extremely expensive. I spent around 13 dollars for this...not good. But, on the bright side, it is totally worth it! It is like skin clearing medicine mixed into a nice "healthy glow" type coverage!
Overall, i really like this product! It worked really well and was worth the high price. I will definitely be buying this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Bleh. It's alright. I'm getting sick of companies claiming products will do things that they can't, but that's beside the point. It's a nice powder, but the 12 dollar price tag? I think not. It looks very smooth if applied lightly but if you try to do more layering, such as blotting oily skin as it starts to get oily, it starts to cake up and look funky. I will use it up and maybe try the liquid foundation or concealer from the same line. I gave it a lippy for perfect color match, another for providing a sponge and a mirror, and because I'm nice one more for initially nice appearance.

I have this product in classic ivory #10.

I like to use powder foundation in the summer, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing this in the future. It doesn't do much for my skin and at 13.99 is a bit pricey for being just average. It gives adequate coverage for a powder and sometimes goes on looking weird in a way I can't quite describe- like caked-on dusty, powdery... idk. It is a teeny bit better if you use a brush, but I just don't like the way it looks on my skin.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've only been using this product for a week or two, and I have some pros and cons. First of all, I have it in #30 Buff and it matches my skin color perfectly, I was so surprised. I'm also satisfied with the coverage because it's not too much, but not too little. However, I do tend to get oily throughout the day and I need to re-apply every couple hours. Also, it says it's supposed to help acne but I see no improvement. Actually, I am getting cystic acne on my cheek and around my hairline. I don't know if it is from this product or not. Also, I don't think the orange and white sides of the sponge have any difference at all, and I don't think it is very hygienic to use their sponges. Overall, this product is alright, but I wouldn't buy it again.

I bought this in Classic Ivory and I have to say I love this powder! I have such bad luck finding foundations and powders because I have very fair skin but this suits my skin perfectly! I have only been using this a week and I notice my face clearing up. It gives perfect even coverage when I use it with my Lancome powder brush. The only thing I didnt like about this was the price;I spent $15 at Walgreens. But since this product works I wont mind spending a few extra bucks. I will repurchase & recommend!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'd like to start off by saying that I don't know much about powders. This is the first powder I used when I started wearing make up and of course everything seemed amazing at that point. When this one ran out I went back to get the same one and they didn't have it, so I bought the Neutrogena healthy skin compact and tried my friends' powders once in a while, but I was waiting very impatiently for any store near me to start carrying my shade in the SkinClearing powder. When they finally did I eagerly bought it and found that it wasn't so amazing after all. The orange puff is supposedly for a shine-free look, but that doesn't last long for me. Within hours, my face is still its usually oily, shiny mess. The white puff side for "fuller" coverage does NOT cover at all. I try putting more on but that just leaves me with a cakey, slightly orange look. I always have to use a stick of concealer on top of this stuff. Another thing to note: in the mornings my face is not as oily and putting this powder on makes it look dry and flaky. If I put a light moisturizer on to avoid the flaky look in the mornings, by the end of the day my face is just too oily. If I skip this step, my face looks too dry for a few hours. It's just not working. And as for the "SkinClearing" part of it, that is absolutely not true. I don't have terrible acne, but this did nothing to help clear my skin. For the price, I would definitely not buy this one again.

this products decent! if you apply to much though, you will have that chalky type effect on your face. i will have to touch up mid day tho, but other than that it keeps the oil on my face at bay. i love the fact that it helps clear your skin up too! its helped with mine. before this i was using a transparent powder from covergirl and im so glad i switched over to this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an OK product, I like this because for a powder, it does have some coverage, also the fact that it helps salycylic acid is great! This really does help a BIT with my pimples which I love, and it does cover, but it makes my face look a bit dull and chalky :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my first review, I want to warn those with sensitive acne prone skin this product is not for you. This product has made me have the worst breakout in years. I have huge cystic acne all over my forehead and checks from 2 weeks of wear. I am throwing this out today!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

When I first saw the commercial for a makeup that CLEARS UP YOUR PIMPLES, I thought my dream had finally come true. I ran to Target & bought this product, curious to see how much coverage it could provide, given that I have a lot of post-acne marks on my face. The fact that it has salicylic acid in it is amazing; there was a huge sore zit on my forehead & after wearing the powder for less than a day already it's going down. But when I put it on, my complexion looked dull, chalky and dry. I also used my Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Makeup over the powder so that I had more coverage & a glowing brown color to my face. I also put a little more powder on top so I didn't look so shiny. But I'm definitely going to keep using the two together so my skin can be pretty with AND without makeup :) Go Neutrogena!